Dragon Age: Inquisition has straight, bisexual and gay romances because..

#1Reichmaster01Posted 7/21/2014 3:20:12 PM
.. they tell different stories, according to Bioware:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dragon-age-inquisition-has-straight-bisexual-and-g/1100-6421222/

Should they be called Biware from now on? Just kidding. On a serious note I am quite concerned that they seem to be putting far too much focus on sexual relationships, which makes me worried that they are departing from an epic storyline.

Thoughts?
#2HaeravonPosted 7/21/2014 3:26:03 PM
I like character interaction, makes my protagonist feel like part of the world. There's no reason you can't have character development and an epic storyline-see Baldur's Gate 2. People are just blowing this bi-gay thing out of proportion.
---
Join the gaming community at www.haeravon.com
Watch gaming videos at www.youtube.com/haeravonfaqs
#3HellsControllerPosted 7/21/2014 3:26:45 PM
Bioware continues pushing their agenda. More at 11.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#4Reichmaster01(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 3:29:54 PM
Haeravon posted...
I like character interaction, makes my protagonist feel like part of the world. There's no reason you can't have character development and an epic storyline-see Baldur's Gate 2. People are just blowing this bi-gay thing out of proportion.

I do see what you mean and let me clarify. Star Wars IV was about character development with an epic storyline as the backdrop, and it worked. If they started including sexual relationships in that movie it would have made it bad. Firstly it was not conducive to the story and secondly it would take more screen time. This would either slow the pace of the story or take away from the epic backdrop.

This is what concerned me. I'd like to say preorder cancelled, but I haven't preordered it and won't. Will wait for reviews.
#5TBONE_OGPosted 7/21/2014 3:44:42 PM(edited)
What are the different stories "Biware" is trying to tell? This guy over here likes wieners and that over there guy likes tacos? Riveting.

All jokes aside, as long as the story is good -- fine. Characters are part of stories, and the better they are will only add to the overall story and meaning.
---
Always O.G.
#6HaeravonPosted 7/21/2014 3:38:01 PM
Reichmaster01 posted...
Haeravon posted...

I do see what you mean and let me clarify. Star Wars IV was about character development with an epic storyline as the backdrop, and it worked. If they started including sexual relationships in that movie it would have made it bad. Firstly it was not conducive to the story and secondly it would take more screen time. This would either slow the pace of the story or take away from the epic backdrop.

This is what concerned me. I'd like to say preorder cancelled, but I haven't preordered it and won't. Will wait for reviews.

I've played a Bioware game or two in my time, and from what I've seen, romances will likely be 100% avoidable. Its not likely to be Dragons Dogma, where you get forced into a random romance because you did x quest or talked to character y too often.

You don't like romances? Skip them. I personally enjoy the character interaction. More options is a win-win situation for everybody.
---
Join the gaming community at www.haeravon.com
Watch gaming videos at www.youtube.com/haeravonfaqs
#7Crystyn_7BPosted 7/21/2014 4:02:49 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
What are the different stories "Biware" is trying to tell? This guy over here likes wieners and that over there guy likes tacos? Riveting.

All jokes aside, as long as the story is good -- fine. Characters are part of stories, and the better they are will only add to the overall story and meaning.

As a Wiener I'd flattered.

I said it in the other DAI thread Bioware is focusing on romances because people keep harassing them about them.
#8EoinPosted 7/21/2014 4:30:37 PM
Reichmaster01 posted...
On a serious note I am quite concerned that they seem to be putting far too much focus on sexual relationships, which makes me worried that they are departing from an epic storyline.

They can't exactly talk about the epic storyline in any kind of detail without spoiling it.
#9squidney2k1Posted 7/21/2014 4:44:41 PM
Romance in games is fine, when it's handled properly.

I don't have high expectations in DA:I since Bioware dropped the ball in ME3 romances (except for Thane), and romances in previous DA games were kinda "meh, whatever."

As long as they make them meaningful, then what's the issue? Are video games an "untouchable medium" when it comes to this sort of thing? Gamers are being far to hypocritical and demanding about what should and should not be in a video game.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>
#10Reece504Posted 7/21/2014 4:57:46 PM
HellsController posted...
Bioware continues pushing their agenda. More at 11.

This
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez