Dragon Age: Inquisition has straight, bisexual and gay romances because..

#11CKnightPosted 7/21/2014 4:03:04 PM
Didn't Jade Empire do this already?

Why is it such big news?
#12Reichmaster01(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 5:16:00 PM
CKnight posted...
Didn't Jade Empire do this already?

Why is it such big news?

Jade Empire did this?
#13HorridhalPosted 7/21/2014 5:25:58 PM
HellsController posted...
Bioware continues pushing their agenda. More at 11.

This.

Causes have no place in gaming and I hope this game tanks to prove that.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#14Juzten76Posted 7/21/2014 5:30:16 PM
Reichmaster01 posted...
.. they tell different stories, according to Bioware:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dragon-age-inquisition-has-straight-bisexual-and-g/1100-6421222/

Should they be called Biware from now on? Just kidding. On a serious note I am quite concerned that they seem to be putting far too much focus on sexual relationships, which makes me worried that they are departing from an epic storyline.

Thoughts?

They put a lot of focus on relationships in general in the game and I think it's great. It makes me care more about what happens. Trust me, the storyline will be epic.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#15Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/21/2014 5:32:34 PM
as long as the game is good I couldn't care less.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#16Juzten76Posted 7/21/2014 5:34:12 PM
Reichmaster01 posted...
Haeravon posted...
I like character interaction, makes my protagonist feel like part of the world. There's no reason you can't have character development and an epic storyline-see Baldur's Gate 2. People are just blowing this bi-gay thing out of proportion.

I do see what you mean and let me clarify. Star Wars IV was about character development with an epic storyline as the backdrop, and it worked. If they started including sexual relationships in that movie it would have made it bad. Firstly it was not conducive to the story and secondly it would take more screen time. This would either slow the pace of the story or take away from the epic backdrop.

This is what concerned me. I'd like to say preorder cancelled, but I haven't preordered it and won't. Will wait for reviews.

You do realize that just as in real life, the relationships you have are optional right? Just because the option is there for someone who wants to explore that type of relationship, doesn't mean you have to. Bioware games have always been about choice. If you have a problem with choices I don't think this is the game for you.
---
#17g7g7g7g7Posted 7/21/2014 5:34:39 PM

What "agenda" might that be, all I see is a company being inclusive and offering a choice.

You obviously don't have to play a LBGT character, they aren't forcing you, they are offering a choice to players that want to take it.

As a heterosexual I have never felt that any "agenda" is being pushed upon me and I have never been made uncomfortable by LBGT material in the media. The only agenda I have seen is the agenda of people like yourself that want to remove choice from consumers and create games that only represent your views and that agenda makes me feel uncomfortable.
---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
#18Juzten76Posted 7/21/2014 5:38:26 PM
Horridhal posted...

This.

Causes have no place in gaming and I hope this game tanks to prove that.

There's a lot of ignorance in your statement.
---
#19lunchbox2042Posted 7/21/2014 5:41:37 PM
It's a romance simulator. What more do you expect from them?
#20GladiatorDangerPosted 7/21/2014 5:48:55 PM
Reichmaster01 posted...
.. they tell different stories, according to Bioware:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dragon-age-inquisition-has-straight-bisexual-and-g/1100-6421222/

Should they be called Biware from now on? Just kidding. On a serious note I am quite concerned that they seem to be putting far too much focus on sexual relationships, which makes me worried that they are departing from an epic storyline.

Thoughts?

Sounds to me like par for the course for Bioware, in all honesty the main focus of Bioware's latest games has always been the companions and party interactions with everything else becoming more of a distant second and I am pretty sure the fans wouldn't have it any other way, this is no more apparent than in Mass Effect 2 where the major story arc of the Collector threat was merely a backdrop to Shepard recruiting and getting to know his/her team and helping them sort out their personal problems before heading out on the suicide mission.

Most of Dragon Age's success can be attributed to the fact that they cater to a desire of their fanbase that other games rarely do in which players constantly have their egos stroked by having cute shy boys hit on their characters and let them take the dominant role in the relationship, that is the major appeal of the Dragon Age series and their fanbase reflects that.