Dragon Age: Inquisition has straight, bisexual and gay romances because..

#21zinsindettaPosted 7/21/2014 5:50:03 PM
I am just really glad they have straight romances.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#22GladiatorDangerPosted 7/21/2014 6:14:28 PM
g7g7g7g7 posted...
HellsController posted...
Bioware continues pushing their agenda. More at 11.

What "agenda" might that be, all I see is a company being inclusive and offering a choice.

You obviously don't have to play a LBGT character, they aren't forcing you, they are offering a choice to players that want to take it.

As a heterosexual I have never felt that any "agenda" is being pushed upon me and I have never been made uncomfortable by LBGT material in the media. The only agenda I have seen is the agenda of people like yourself that want to remove choice from consumers and create games that only represent your views and that agenda makes me feel uncomfortable.

I don't believe anyone is complaining that Bioware is being inclusive however one does have to wonder why this is news worthy or why Bioware constantly feels the need to flaunt the romances and remind everyone how inclusive they are by including gay, bi and hetero romances, it really makes you wonder if Bioware really cares about making a good game or whether they just want their game to be a showcase of how great they are for being inclusive.
#23GladiatorDangerPosted 7/21/2014 6:19:28 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Horridhal posted...

This.

Causes have no place in gaming and I hope this game tanks to prove that.

There's a lot of ignorance in your statement.

He does have a point, I would rather see Bioware focus on making their game good than worrying about how it effects their image. Idealistic agendas have no place in a game that markets itself as "Dark Fantasy".
#24lunaticcorePosted 7/21/2014 6:29:12 PM
I don't think allowing for different types of relationships is anymore of an agenda than having different types of weapons. I really wish they would stop with the pro dagger agenda they push in every game.

Clearly these choose your own companion while on and epic quest type games are what they want to make. They don't need an agenda to allow different tastes to be included in that experience.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#25lunaticcorePosted 7/21/2014 6:37:11 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...
I don't believe anyone is complaining that Bioware is being inclusive however one does have to wonder why this is news worthy or why Bioware constantly feels the need to flaunt the romances and remind everyone how inclusive they are by including gay, bi and hetero romances, it really makes you wonder if Bioware really cares about making a good game or whether they just want their game to be a showcase of how great they are for being inclusive.

It isn't new because Bioware is being inclusive. It is news because of how they are changing the system for the new game. In Dragon Age II the characters were bisexual by design because there was a small number of relationship possibilities. In the new one certain characters have specific tastes and the possible romances are limited by that.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#26GladiatorDangerPosted 7/21/2014 6:48:21 PM
lunaticcore posted...
I don't think allowing for different types of relationships is anymore of an agenda than having different types of weapons. I really wish they would stop with the pro dagger agenda they push in every game.

Clearly these choose your own companion while on and epic quest type games are what they want to make. They don't need an agenda to allow different tastes to be included in that experience.

Are you being obtuse on purpose?
#27HorridhalPosted 7/21/2014 6:52:47 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Horridhal posted...

This.

Political causes have no place in gaming. Period.

Worrying about the LBGT agenda just snowballs into other political issues and soon we have companies changing games solely to cater to specific crowds while destroying the original vision of what the game was.

This is how causes work in the politically correct world we are all forced to live in. If you feel underexposed all you have to do is become the loudest voice(ex : GLADD) and you start getting your way.

Do you really want to see that make its way to videogames? These are for entertainment purposes, not agendas.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#28Reichmaster01(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 7:13:44 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...
Reichmaster01 posted...
.. they tell different stories, according to Bioware:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dragon-age-inquisition-has-straight-bisexual-and-g/1100-6421222/

Should they be called Biware from now on? Just kidding. On a serious note I am quite concerned that they seem to be putting far too much focus on sexual relationships, which makes me worried that they are departing from an epic storyline.

Thoughts?

Sounds to me like par for the course for Bioware, in all honesty the main focus of Bioware's latest games has always been the companions and party interactions with everything else becoming more of a distant second and I am pretty sure the fans wouldn't have it any other way, this is no more apparent than in Mass Effect 2 where the major story arc of the Collector threat was merely a backdrop to Shepard recruiting and getting to know his/her team and helping them sort out their personal problems before heading out on the suicide mission.

Most of Dragon Age's success can be attributed to the fact that they cater to a desire of their fanbase that other games rarely do in which players constantly have their egos stroked by having cute shy boys hit on their characters and let them take the dominant role in the relationship, that is the major appeal of the Dragon Age series and their fanbase reflects that.

I didn't think about Mass Effect 2. If they handle it like that I will be happy. If they handle it like DA2, where it was shoved down your throat and you had to turn everyone down/hook up with them to complete their story arc, I will be most displeased.

Having said all that, if they introduce transsexuals into DA4, I'm keeping my money.
#29Juzten76Posted 7/22/2014 6:00:33 AM
Horridhal posted...
Juzten76 posted...
Horridhal posted...

This.

Political causes have no place in gaming. Period.

Worrying about the LBGT agenda just snowballs into other political issues and soon we have companies changing games solely to cater to specific crowds while destroying the original vision of what the game was.

This is how causes work in the politically correct world we are all forced to live in. If you feel underexposed all you have to do is become the loudest voice(ex : GLADD) and you start getting your way.

Do you really want to see that make its way to videogames? These are for entertainment purposes, not agendas.

There's no political cause or agenda here. The game simply offers relationship options. It would be unrealistic and prejudice of Bioware if there weren't gay characters. It's purely up to the player what relationships(romantic or friendship) if any, he or she chooses. You won't be raped by gays or forced into a gay relationship. You're over reacting about a feature you don't have to explore in a game you don't have to buy. So don't be a drama queen and act as if any agenda is being forced on you.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#30LatchKeyKidPosted 7/22/2014 6:17:20 AM
This is at least better than the playersexual characters of DA2. It was starting to look like anyone was down for anyone in Thedas. Romances that vary by gender and sexuality will add some variety for people who want to play through many times. Unfortunately I wonder if Bioware will be able to win this one, as there will be people complaining on both sides because they couldn't romance the person they wanted. Imagine Kaiden's surprise when EDI smashed his head and he woke up bisexual.