Are Call of Duty, AC: Unity and Evolve EXCLUSIVE TO Xbox One?

#21GladiatorDangerPosted 7/21/2014 6:02:21 PM(edited)
squarex8264 posted...
The tweet never calls the games out as exclusive either. The above poster was correct, this is no different when Sony makes a marketing campaign that says "Enjoy the best exclusives on PS4" and uses a picture of Destiny. It's not explicitly calling Destiny as exclusive

No the tweet does not explicitly say that the games are exclusive to Xbox One however including them as an example of what they are talking about when they say that Xbox One has the best exclusives heavily implies it to the point that they are leaning so hard on the fence around lying that it is just about ready to collapse.

Also in what marketing campaign did Sony use a pic of Destiny as an example of their exclusives?

squarex8264 posted...
Anyhow, the games pictured have exclusive/timed DLC for X1. Sony used to get the DLC for Assassin's Creed, but that seemed to have changed this time around.

Got a link for that? I know COD will and I am pretty sure I heard something about Evolve but the only thing I can find on Unity is a post claiming the CEO of Ubsoft saying that neither platform will have exclusive content.
#22embrandedone(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 6:46:18 PM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/21/xbox-celebrates-landing-by-branding-the-moon-argues-everyone-says-xbox-one-has-the-best-exclusives/

Update: The tweet boasting the best exclusives has just been deleted. Evidently the folks at Xbox realized it included games that weren’t exclusive, or maybe they noticed that the claim about “everyone” saying that Xbox One has the best exclusives went a little too far with the fighting words. Luckily, we still have a screenshot to immortalize the now deleted tweet.
---
PS4 - #thethirstisreal
#23squarex8264Posted 7/21/2014 6:53:30 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...

Also in what marketing campaign did Sony use a pic of Destiny as an example of their exclusives?

A lot of the PS4 advertisements have centered around showing Destiny, focusing on E3 as a system seller this holiday during E3, TV ads that only focus on PlayStation while showing Destiny, and some ads are slightly misleading with their wording:
http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/RPgyGor-670x376.png?57efa4

I can't seem to find any other examples currently, but I don't find it to be that big of a deal. Obviously marketing on both sides want to play up their exclusive content, even if the game is not fully exclusive. The tweet was meant to say "exclusive content" when they said "exclusives", but both sides praise the games coming out to their platform if exclusive content is given. They will say words like "best to play on X", or "full experience on X", etc.

Got a link for that? I know COD will and I am pretty sure I heard something about Evolve but the only thing I can find on Unity is a post claiming the CEO of Ubsoft saying that neither platform will have exclusive content.

As for Assassin's Creed, the game appeared during Microsoft's press conference this year. The past Assassin Creed games have never done that as far as I can recall. They always appeared during Sony's conference since Sony was given exclusive DLC. I thought them being shown with Microsoft this time around may indicate that was changing. But you are correct, I can't seem to find any information on that so I must have heard incorrectly, but I'll assume in conjunction with the tweet that perhaps they are getting some timed content.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#24mattglosbcfcPosted 7/21/2014 6:54:37 PM
Mogga123_5 posted...
XD375 posted...
Probably timed exclusivity on some DLC or something.

Ubi seem to be in bed with Sony, so I doubt it for AC:U

Don't think anything has been announced for evolve and we all know the xbox gets timed exclusive cod dlc.

Even then, they're marketing them as game exclusives. So it's a screw up on some pr persons head.

Except Ubi arent in bed with Sony are they.

The Division's lead format is the Xbox One no??
And isnt Rayman Legends lead the Wii U? So that puts that to bed.

Also I know Evolve is made from some of the guys from Left 4 Dead. Thos games never appeared on a Sony platform. Maybe some exclusive dlc for MS or something?
#25youngunner2123Posted 7/21/2014 7:14:45 PM
mattglosbcfc posted...
Mogga123_5 posted...
XD375 posted...

Don't think anything has been announced for evolve and we all know the xbox gets timed exclusive cod dlc.

Even then, they're marketing them as game exclusives. So it's a screw up on some pr persons head.

Except Ubi arent in bed with Sony are they.

The Division's lead format is the Xbox One no??
And isnt Rayman Legends lead the Wii U? So that puts that to bed.

Also I know Evolve is made from some of the guys from Left 4 Dead. Thos games never appeared on a Sony platform. Maybe some exclusive dlc for MS or something?

X1 is getting the beta exclusively. Was announced on e3. There is an ign or joystiq video

like others said cod w dlc. Not sure AC has anything for either.

then again it could have been en error pic
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#26GladiatorDangerPosted 7/21/2014 7:36:09 PM
squarex8264 posted...

A lot of the PS4 advertisements have centered around showing Destiny, focusing on E3 as a system seller this holiday during E3, TV ads that only focus on PlayStation while showing Destiny, and some ads are slightly misleading with their wording:
http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/RPgyGor-670x376.png?57efa4

I can't seem to find any other examples currently, but I don't find it to be that big of a deal. Obviously marketing on both sides want to play up their exclusive content, even if the game is not fully exclusive. The tweet was meant to say "exclusive content" when they said "exclusives", but both sides praise the games coming out to their platform if exclusive content is given. They will say words like "best to play on X", or "full experience on X", etc.

Using a multiplatform game that appears on your system in your marketing is hardly misleading of anything, putting up an ad or tweet that says "Xbox One has the best exclusives, heres why!" then showing a picture of a multiplatform game is terribly misleading.

squarex8264 posted...

As for Assassin's Creed, the game appeared during Microsoft's press conference this year. The past Assassin Creed games have never done that as far as I can recall. They always appeared during Sony's conference since Sony was given exclusive DLC. I thought them being shown with Microsoft this time around may indicate that was changing. But you are correct, I can't seem to find any information on that so I must have heard incorrectly, but I'll assume in conjunction with the tweet that perhaps they are getting some timed content.

Nobody has ever said anything about Unity having exclusive content on Xbox and just because the game was shown at the Microsoft press conference does not prove anything, there is no base or evidence to support the claim that it will so I have no idea why you would have any more reason to believe it than you would than the notion that Halo 6 would be PS4 exclusive.
#27stawg007Posted 7/22/2014 4:39:15 AM
embrandedone still fighting for his Sony brethren I see

Here was me thinking you might have grown up in the last couple of months, silly me
#28IzraeilPosted 7/22/2014 4:57:58 AM
squarex8264 posted...

That's a terrible example, it says exclusive four day beat on PS4, which is a completely factual statement. And you can't find any examples because there aren't any. MS PR loves to lie and they do it all the time this isn't the first or last time.
#29Crystyn_7BPosted 7/22/2014 5:03:13 AM
Mogga123_5 posted...
XD375 posted...

It was announced at E3 that XBO gets some exclusive stuff.

On topic: stupid wording seems some more marketing teams want to get laid off...
#30EstocassassinPosted 7/22/2014 5:08:01 AM
This is old, Wasn't that tweet from E3 lol?