So the Xbone...
- Topic Archived
- Page 1 of 2
Add user to Ignore List after reporting
2 years ago#1
2 years ago#2
Here take this +1 flame shield. I think you will need it. I don't see this going very well.
I was dying of thirst, but now I have been rehydrated by the tears of people like this Cliffy B
2 years ago#3
You'll find no unbiased opinion here.
GT: Kip Bondur
2 years ago#4
-Most powerful system
-Fastest selling system of all time
-XLive is always Live and never hacked and Slashed
-SUNSET OVERDRIVE, BAAAAAYY-BEEEEEEE!
-Gears Of War
-Backed by a MULTI BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY!
-Scalebound, dragons n' stuff
-Kinect 2.0 Heart rate monitor!
-The future of gaming
-Cheaper price tag
-Get the ever popular and not stale COD DLC earlier than the other guys
-Sony guys be trollin' us, dawgs
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
2 years ago#5
If graphics are not important or install times then the xbox one will meet your demands. the only thing about the ps4 that is better is those two thing's the online still laggy as hell. The menu's look awful still you need the voice commands to make the ps4 tolerable imo.
personally i'm thinking about selling my ps4. i play to many games on xbox to even consider buying multi plat's on it let alone exclusives that dont call out to me.
fifa has legends on xbox has the forza franchise two games i play the most every year. with the occasinal story mode game.
pick based on the games you want not what others tlel u.
2 years ago#6
I would recommend doing a google search of something like "Why you should buy an XBOX One" or something to that affect.
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
2 years ago#7
Don't listen to this guy
PSN: Tarheel09 GT: ZSOnutrition
Feel free to add me!
2 years ago#8
It's a great console with an easy to use UI that Kinect makes it better, but it's really not needed. Cons to the X1 is really the specs are not as good as PS4, but everything else I think is better. The controller feels amazing to hold, except this one issue I have with mine that it annoyingly goes vertical every game, XBL is as great as ever if you have good internet,console is really great design and imo the best designed console out of the Wii U and PS4. Also the fans in the X1 are simply amazing. I play BF4 so many hours and never hear the console once. Really I have no reason to install the game to the HDD unlike the 360 which I did to make the fan less loud on it.
If you like Multiplayer games, or FPS/TPS games the X1 will be a great console. Also Forza is a great franchise if you want to have a great racing franchise from Forza Motorsport to Horizon 2 both are great games.
X1 looks to be getting the best of games this year, and imo next year, but that's entirely subjective. Really the only thing PS4 has next year to get anyone excited is Bloodbourne and Uncharted 4 I never cared for From Soft, so it's of no loss for me. Next year the two only exclusives we know about is Scalebound and Halo 5. The X1 is getting great amount of indies thanks to ID@Xbox with Cuphead, and Below coming out next year that they look amazing.
Right now I think the X1 has a strong line up of games that are better than the Wii U and PS4 with the Wii U being the X1 only major competitor this year in terms of games releasing. Again this is strictly my opinion TC and just let me know if you have any other questions about the X1 I will be more than happy to answer.
I would definitely recommend in getting a X1 console though. It's my best experience using a console ever as of right now, now we just wait to see what the games will give us to see if it will be better than previous generations or not.
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
2 years ago#9
- There are essentially two different bundles: one with the Kinect for $499 and one without the Kinect for $399. With this in mind, the Kinect is not needed actually needed for the system to function; however, I definitely recommend using it since its much more convenient to just say "Xbox, record that", than to snap the Game DVR, select record, and probably die in the process.
- The operating system is pretty smooth and you can access anything at any time with the Kinect simply by saying "Xbox go to Twitch, Youtube, Skype, etc."
- The Kinect has an IR blaster built into it, which means the voice commands not only allows you to control your console, but also your TV and surround sound. For example, you can turn your console, TV, and surround system all on at the same time by simply saying "Xbox On."
- Voice commands have been pretty solid for me. Reddit user, Norcetto, has provided the community with two excellent videos: The first one demonstrates the power of a properly calibrated Kinect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRqDYaFcvBQ), and the other shows how to effectively it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeLUcamiK0I\).
- Here is a list of all the voice commands: http://i.imgur.com/mfrkYyU.png
- Only one Xbox Live gold account is needed for everyone to have gold on your console.
- There is an option in the settings to have the Xbox calibrate your TV for the best picture settings.
- All games need to be installed to the hard drive, and you also need to have the disc in the console whenever you are want to play a game (unless you bought the game digitally).
- Here is a quick video that demonstrates some tips and tricks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bbH5Q3EQBBU
- Microsoft has also been doing monthly updates to add features and improve the UI; for example, the August update is going to add support for 3D Blu-Rays, mobile purchases, low battery notification, etc: http://majornelson.com/2014/07/18/next-xbox-one-update/
- All the previous updates can be seen here: http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/system/system-update-operating-system
- Starting in June, apps like Netflix will no longer be behind the paywall
- Games with Gold also started in June on the Xbox One.
- Also, 45 apps will be coming to the Xbox One by the end of the year: http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/ent-new-experiences-coming-to-xbox
Here are some of the features on the Xbox One:
- Snap Mode
- Smart Match
- Rumble Triggers
- Dedicated Servers
- HDMI pass through
- The Kinect face recognition sign-in
- Stream media from your computer to the Xbox One using the 'Play To' feature in Windows Media Player
- It comes with a real headset
- Personalized home screens
- External hard drive support for game files (currently does not support media files)
- IR Blaster (can turn on your tv and audio receiver just by turning on the console)
- Controller uses AA batteries
I'm just going to go off of games I actually own since I actually have experience with those.
- If you can get your hands on a Titanfall bundle, then I would definitely go with that since the game is lots of fun, but the re-playability factor is debatable
- I would recommend you download Killer Instinct since it is technically free; however, you can either buy each fighter individually for $5 or all 8 for $20. [Here](http://www.xblafans.com/wp-content/uploads//2013/11/Killer_Instinct_Chart.png) is chart that shows all the content and pricing options for Killer Instinct.
- I would also recommend Ryse, but only if you can find it on sale. It's a pretty fun game, although, the story mode is on the short side, and the combat gets repetitive quickly.
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
2 years ago#10
Xbox One Exclusives:
Crackdown - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjXiGFX7q4Q
Sunset Overdrive - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS_i2HTJp2o
Fable Legends - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdMa22YETb4
Halo: Master Chief Collection - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tzZL3MVKw
Halo 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijw3N676yWY
Killer Instinct - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-JjIZaheLo
Ryse: Son of Rome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9mgUvtO7mo
Forza 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__6lyUbBdWM
Phantom Dust - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdlMly6KJrQ
Quantum Break - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08rOFcXLuFk
Scalebound - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqYJv3OIVxA
D4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCvsqZ034os
Untitled Gears of War game
Xbox One and Xbox 360
Forza Horizon 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX7r61fyltc
Xbox One and PC:
Dead Rising 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEn3QIzQcFA
Ori and the Blind Forest - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cklw-Yu3moE
Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC:
Titanfall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FPtT4C870c
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
|More topics from this board...|
|3 Xbone Exclusives Confirmed For E3 So Far||TheGam3925||33||4/29 3:19AM|
|Is Ping and Latency the same? If so, how do I reduce it on my Xbone?||DepreceV2||5||4/30 9:13AM|
|Elite Dangerous: Horizons hits Xbone by June||quincy2000a||15||4/30 12:04PM|
|why does the Xbone board keep getting baited into console/game sales topics?||Ramen_||11||4/30 10:14AM|
|The Latest Xbone SmartGlass Beta (3.16) Tweaks The User Interface Plus...||quincy2000a||2||4/25 7:37AM|