Gamers are to blame for the entertainment studio closing

#1ExtremelyFatGuyPosted 7/21/2014 5:26:55 PM
You wanted a console that "just played games". You laughed at anything new and interesting that could bring in new people, like exclusive television shows, the kinect sensor, and so on. Even though PS3/360 level graphics are all we will ever need, you insisted that the souless focus on more horsepower and graphics were the most important thing. You fell for the "Sony cares about games!" nonsense when all they have is indies and movie like games and Microsoft is far more proficient currently at demonstrating new concepts. You groaned at the idea of anyone but young adrenaline pumping males getting into "our" medium. So just remember this years from now when you complain that gaming is so boring now and just isn't the same and nothing new ever happens. Remember that you rejected all the new ideas in favor of the status quo.
#2HorridhalPosted 7/21/2014 5:29:53 PM
No, ms is to blame.

It was something they should have added after the console launched as a bonus. Instead they chose to try and make it a staple rather than focusing on games.

This backfired.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#3MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/21/2014 5:32:23 PM
I have friend who works for Microsoft and he says the Entertainment studio closing is a lie fabricated by the media for attention, and Hideo Kojima.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#4mattglosbcfcPosted 7/21/2014 5:33:19 PM
ExtremelyFatGuy posted...
You wanted a console that "just played games". You laughed at anything new and interesting that could bring in new people, like exclusive television shows, the kinect sensor, and so on. Even though PS3/360 level graphics are all we will ever need, you insisted that the souless focus on more horsepower and graphics were the most important thing. You fell for the "Sony cares about games!" nonsense when all they have is indies and movie like games and Microsoft is far more proficient currently at demonstrating new concepts. You groaned at the idea of anyone but young adrenaline pumping males getting into "our" medium. So just remember this years from now when you complain that gaming is so boring now and just isn't the same and nothing new ever happens. Remember that you rejected all the new ideas in favor of the status quo.

Although I agree that it was disappointing that MS announced the closure of the entertainment divison I have to really disagree with the context of your post.

I did not like the way MS were pushing the Xbox One originally, it really did feel like for them they wanted to beat netflix etc, and have games as secondary almost.
Thats total nonsense, the majority of people that enjoy the xbox brand are gamers. Games should ALWAYS come first.
Netflix is there for your tv needs, yea, having something similair and original on Xbox One to me is good and would add some competition, but never at the expense of games.

The issue is, MS has gone to far back imo, but I never asked them to get rid of the entertainment division. Or neglect Kinect. I would have enjoyed both features. As long as games came first.
#5RedEnsignPosted 7/21/2014 6:42:52 PM

That's a good one. Be sure to write it down in your manifesto. For the record, what other groups of people are you going to blame for the rest of your unhappiness?
---
I couldn't believe the company I work for sold EA exclusive rights to make Star Wars games. Then I realized when they fail, we still get paid. Well played Bob.
#6InfinityOver0Posted 7/21/2014 6:56:49 PM(edited)
So just remember this years from now when you complain that gaming is so boring now and just isn't the same and nothing new ever happens

we never asked for those changes. if they were really that good, they wouldve caught on. they didnt. clearly those 'innovative' ideas were simply not good
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#7youngskillzPosted 7/21/2014 7:03:02 PM
nobody wants "change" forced on them.

atleast sony gave gamers a choice if they wanted a camera.

if people really like kinect then it will really catch on eventually, i don't see that happening outside joe blo maybe using some voice commands here an there.
---
Metal Bands -- Sions Funeral, Eye of the Enemy, Arch Enemy, Sepsis, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Cantabile Wind, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated
#8sanjeustPosted 7/22/2014 7:56:34 PM
I want a console to play games, not watch movies. It's just not what I look for in a console.
#9TownOfBeginningPosted 7/22/2014 10:49:28 PM
If Microsoft was so rich, as some folks proclaim, they would have been able to afford a gaming system as powerful as a PC, kinect sensors that don't suck (according to Amazon and their Fire commercial jab), and being able to fund the Entertainment Studio division.

And many many exclusives.
#10-complex-Posted 7/22/2014 10:55:29 PM
Did anybody ever see that halo movie? I think it was meant to be a story along side halo 3 and man was it the worst piece of s*** I had ever seen...and the actors were like nerdy 16year olds and it was just an embarrassment to the halo franchise...I see this closure as a good thing