As a gamer... I'm happy to say we are in the Golden Age of gaming

#1DepreceV2Posted 7/21/2014 6:07:49 PM
So many great games. Even the "bad games" are actually pretty solid and fun. I can pick up practically any modern game and have fun playing it. Back in the day there were great games but there were also truly crappy ones. Not anymore. Really crappy games are a rarity now a days. It's a great time to enjoy gaming people!
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#2zerooo0Posted 7/21/2014 6:09:19 PM
Agreed.

If anyone picks up any console or PC even they are in for a treat. Yes their are shady buisness practices, but they have been their since the beginning. The 360 was my best generation of gaming since the PS2/Gamcube era. I had a SNES, but I wasn't really a big gamer back then mostly too young back in the 90s.

So many great games coming this year and next year to all of the three consoles.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#3shermanginaPosted 7/21/2014 6:10:11 PM
yeah, it's only getting better
#4Majik25Posted 7/21/2014 6:10:16 PM
Golden is dead and gone... this is the bronze age, at best.
---
Xbox Live Gt - Majik518
#5DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 6:10:55 PM
Majik25 posted...

When was the Golden Age then?
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#6HorridhalPosted 7/21/2014 6:11:37 PM
As a gamer who lived and gamed during the Golden Age of gaming I have to say that this isn't it.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#7SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 7/21/2014 6:11:48 PM
DepreceV2 posted...
So many great games. Even the "bad games" are actually pretty solid and fun. I can pick up practically any modern game and have fun playing it. Back in the day there were great games but there were also truly crappy ones. Not anymore. Really crappy games are a rarity now a days. It's a great time to enjoy gaming people!

There does seem to be a lot less shovel-ware on the horizon.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#8Majik25Posted 7/21/2014 6:12:52 PM
DepreceV2 posted...
Majik25 posted...

When was the Golden Age then?

Snes-PS1.
---
Xbox Live Gt - Majik518
#9SMG4MEPosted 7/21/2014 6:13:43 PM
For me the golden age was PS2/Xbox/GCN. Just more variety in terms of genre, and it was obviously a huge step up from PS1 etc. Last gen was horrible and this gen so far seems pretty good, finding it hard to go back and play some xbox 360/PS3 games.
#10teh1337gosuPosted 7/21/2014 6:14:33 PM
Gen 4 and Gen 6 were the best.
---
How do you make that alcoholic chicken anyway?