As a gamer... I'm happy to say we are in the Golden Age of gaming

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. As a gamer... I'm happy to say we are in the Golden Age of gaming
10 months ago#101
Golden age was 16bit/32bit era

kids these days will never understand the golden age as we knew it.
10 months ago#102
Golden age was 16bit/32bit era

kids these days will never understand the golden age as we knew it.182Ways posted...
This is definitely not the golden age of gaming. If it was, we wouldn't be drowning in a flood of remakes and remastered classics. We wouldn't have to sift through a wall of news stories about 1080p-this or 60 fps-that every single week. We wouldn't have to sit back and watch as a game's DLC is promoted right in front of us before the game itself is even released. I hate to sound salty, but this age of gaming is trash.
---

agree
10 months ago#103
snes - ps1 era would like to have a word with you.
10 months ago#104
sorry, this is the dark age of gaming
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666
10 months ago#105
i think many people would consider the golden age of gaming to be around the snes/ps1 era because 2d were just transitioning to 3d games and everything was soo new and fresh in the world of gaming.
10 months ago#106
Fifth gen of consoles will always have a special place in my heart, as it's the consoles I grew up playing, and thus will always look at it with nostalgia goggles on.

TC, the "golden age of gaming" is subjective to the player in the gaming era that they vividly recall enjoying the most, as I consider the seventh generation (and so far, the eith generation is shaping up to be this, too) to contain binders full of shovelware, and the majority of games are plagued by Disc-Locked Content (DLC), to the point that it's become an accepted, and almost obligatory practice by the publishers.
---
There's a troll in every man, and it stirs when you put a keyboard in his hand.
10 months ago#107
It's truly great, so many developers closing doors everywhere, great series ran to the ground, and general creativity being shunned for what is selling.

Yeah. More like Fool's Gold Age.
---
Why do you play games you don't enjoy? Are you a masochist?
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff514/Skull182-2/FutureofDLC.jpg
10 months ago#108
How old are you TC? Did you miss the N64 era?
---
3DS FC: AJ - 0387-8767-1340
(message deleted)
10 months ago#110
xOmniCloudx posted...
Majik25 posted...
Golden is dead and gone... this is the bronze age, at best.

The last great era was PS2, GBA, DC, GC and XB. It's been a steady decline since in various areas. Basically, Arcade/NES days until the PS2 were the best times to be a gamer. After that meh.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
(edited 0 seconds ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. As a gamer... I'm happy to say we are in the Golden Age of gaming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived