As a gamer... I'm happy to say we are in the Golden Age of gaming

#91VyseLegendairePosted 7/22/2014 1:04:16 AM
lol
---
"Why the hell would the director decide to use the sounds of happy children if we were supposed to interpret that humanity had been destroyed?"
#92Stax221Posted 7/22/2014 1:16:45 AM
aj4x94 posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLKhxjfG03A

1) Games that have content cut out and sold back to you in pieces

2) Pay for online(on Sony and MS)

3) Shooters galore

4) DRM

5) Games coming out broken at launch, with devs doing a crappy job patching them afterwards

So no, I respectfully disagree with you. I'd say it's most definitely not the golden age. That would be the 5th or 6th Generation.

Not to mention overpriced consoles and over-priced games compared to last psx/ps2/gc era. Overpriced controllers, unhackable proprietary consoles which leads to hidden costs. Basically console makers these days are even bigger control freaks than they were before, and this is at a time when prices should go down since it's easier to redistribute content, but it's not.

Anti-piracy measures ALWAYS lead to anti-consumer business practices.
#93yoshinatsu666Posted 7/22/2014 1:26:08 AM
You probably didn't live through the 90's. Now THAT was the golden age.
#94blacklabelicePosted 7/22/2014 1:29:03 AM
golden age of gaming?

a link to the past mother ****ers
#95UsabellPosted 7/22/2014 1:31:54 AM
Horridhal posted...
As a gamer who lived and gamed during the Golden Age of gaming I have to say that this isn't it.

---
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They're about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.
#96Ryan SiPosted 7/22/2014 1:36:23 AM
The fact that the development pool has shrunk to either low-budget or AAA says otherwise....there is no more middle tier and AAA games are often bloated and take no risks. So your left with super low budget projects as the only real source of innovation.
#97PS4alwaysPosted 7/22/2014 1:52:12 AM(edited)
DepreceV2 posted...
So many great games. Even the "bad games" are actually pretty solid and fun. I can pick up practically any modern game and have fun playing it. Back in the day there were great games but there were also truly crappy ones. Not anymore. Really crappy games are a rarity now a days. It's a great time to enjoy gaming people!

No, it's not the golden age of gaming unless you are 10-14 and don't know any better.

Personally I'd say the golden age of gaming was the mid 80's. Sure the graphics were poor but the sheer diversity and quality of games was superb. Yes today's graphics are great but we are fed fps games over and over with very little diversity and even games like RPGs treat the user like a moron, hand-holding all the time and leasing you by the nose. Hardly fun
#98Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/22/2014 2:17:28 AM
More like the rehash age. You know it's bad when you've already played pretty much every game that comes out a freaking decade ago.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#99kilaudePosted 7/22/2014 2:26:01 AM
lol. Not sure if serious
---
FC: 2638-0092-9141
#100darkness1018Posted 7/22/2014 2:27:01 AM
LazyyAmerican posted...
Laughable thread at best...no no way in hell. Nostalgia bandwagon aside....there's a reason I've been playing Fallout NV for a few months now and there's 0 of anything new I'm looking forward to till GTA V PC release (lol) and Witcher 3 (probably gonna kickass)

Perhaps you should expand your horizons then. There's plenty of great games out & coming.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 3DS XL FC: 0490-6058-6459
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, 3DS XL, Wii