Destiny...what a turn of events...

#31doodles40Posted 7/21/2014 10:15:25 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames

Bestsellers of 2014, so far.

Destiny PS4 #23
Destiny XB1 #46

So yes, the #1 is from the beta about to be released.
---
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.
#32LooksLikeRainPosted 7/21/2014 10:16:25 PM
Horridhal posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Horridhal posted...
@Looks

From a website that charges $0 for a pre-order beta code.

Very impressive.

It's really not much less impressive than every other place that charges $5. Are you saying that everyone is just going to cancel their preorders?

I'm saying many people will, yes. The same thing happened with PS4 pre-orders.

Just as many people will keep their preorders too, unless you have some information or figures that I don't.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#33nableetPosted 7/21/2014 10:33:58 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
Horridhal posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Horridhal posted...
@Looks

Very impressive.

It's really not much less impressive than every other place that charges $5. Are you saying that everyone is just going to cancel their preorders?

Just as many people will keep their preorders too, unless you have some information or figures that I don't.

If 50% of people cancel their preorder and just as many don't, 50%, then you have lost half the overall sales.

Reasons to cancel preorder:

You don't like the game.
You like it but not enough to keep a preorder.
You don't want to buy it from Amazon.
You want to upgrade to LE or Ghost edition.
You had no intention of buying just wanted beta codes.

No one is saying they will all cancel the preorder, but you have to admit that plenty will for the above reasons.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#34zxghostravenxzPosted 7/21/2014 10:37:11 PM
You know what I'm thinking right now? I'm thinking I should make my own video game and call it "The Numbers Sims!" The whole game will be nothing but running numbers simulations, and that's it. The game just throws a bunch of numbers at you and you sit there and watch. It'll be in 9000 resolution and run at 900 FPS. It'll be the best game ever and make the #1 spot on all charts...simply because it seems that's all that matters to people these days. Best. Game. Everrrrrrrrrr.
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#35TitanfailPosted 7/22/2014 3:37:57 AM
zxghostravenxz posted...
You know what I'm thinking right now? I'm thinking I should make my own video game and call it "The Numbers Sims!" The whole game will be nothing but running numbers simulations, and that's it. The game just throws a bunch of numbers at you and you sit there and watch. It'll be in 9000 resolution and run at 900 FPS. It'll be the best game ever and make the #1 spot on all charts...simply because it seems that's all that matters to people these days. Best. Game. Everrrrrrrrrr.

And it will still run better on the PS4...
#36CapnStankyPosted 7/22/2014 3:48:49 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Suspended. Hahahahahahahahahahaha Poor little troll
#37bridog346Posted 7/22/2014 3:50:56 AM
Oh thank God, I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy this game if it wasn't #1 on Amazon.
---
The destruction of everything is the beginning of something new.
#38BeefEasterPosted 7/22/2014 4:46:00 AM
was one thread of failure not enough?
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#39LooksLikeRainPosted 7/22/2014 5:37:52 AM
nableet posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Horridhal posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Horridhal posted...
@Looks

Very impressive.

If 50% of people cancel their preorder and just as many don't, 50%, then you have lost half the overall sales.

Reasons to cancel preorder:

You don't like the game.
You like it but not enough to keep a preorder.
You don't want to buy it from Amazon.
You want to upgrade to LE or Ghost edition.
You had no intention of buying just wanted beta codes.

No one is saying they will all cancel the preorder, but you have to admit that plenty will for the above reasons.

Point taken.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#40SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/22/2014 5:52:38 AM
Titanfail posted...
zxghostravenxz posted...

And it will still run better on the PS4...

Account Created Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:30 AM
---
gt: For Spartaa