Does it matter to u which console has more copies of Destiny sold?

#11GRTooCoolPosted 7/22/2014 12:03:36 AM
Whether or not people truly think it matters, I think it does. If one console has 50,000 players online and the other only has about 10,000 players online then which one would you seriously prefer when it comes to matchmaking?
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Don't let companies take advantage of us!
#12DoggiesLipstickPosted 7/22/2014 1:04:15 AM
I really couldn't give a sh*t. I'm NOT a fan-boy I like what I like. Microsoft shows no loyalty to me and I don't show any loyalty towards Microsoft. I don't get paid to promote Xbox nor do i get paid to bad mouth Sony.
---
I punch Nun's for fun
#13killerbasaPosted 7/22/2014 1:18:27 AM
It would only matter to me if Xbox One only sold a few thousand copies. This would mean that the community is incredibly small and I would absolutely jump ship if that were the case. However, knowing that both communities will be large (which is important for a mp centric game) it doesn't matter to me one bit.
#14lunaticcorePosted 7/22/2014 1:57:58 AM
Abyss89 posted...
It is an MMO which ever sells the most will be better...
More people equals a better experience for an online only game.
So yes, for this particular game sales matter.

False. Generally MMO's have to break up into multiple severs to handle population control anyways, because certain areas are lightning rods for gathering people. So their will very likely be an upper population limit to the server you are in and you won't see any difference between playing the different versions.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#15L4YER_CAKEPosted 7/22/2014 2:02:37 AM
LooksLikeRain posted..

Anyone voting yes on this needs to reevaluate his or her life.

That's a very myopic way of looking at it. I get that you're referring to the sad individuals who just think that the one that has most copies sold "wins," but in any multiplayer game the bigger the community, the better.

So I voted yes, and I don't feel my life needs reevaluation. Or maybe it does, but not because I voted yes.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#16Abyss89Posted 7/22/2014 3:25:30 AM
lunaticcore posted...
Abyss89 posted...

False. Generally MMO's have to break up into multiple severs to handle population control anyways, because certain areas are lightning rods for gathering people. So their will very likely be an upper population limit to the server you are in and you won't see any difference between playing the different versions.

Not in this game thanks to mesh-based networking.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/12/06/the-matchmaking-technology-of-destiny.aspx?PostPageIndex=1
#17spacejamjordanzPosted 7/22/2014 3:39:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#18lunaticcorePosted 7/22/2014 4:43:41 AM
Abyss89 posted...
lunaticcore posted...
Abyss89 posted...

Not in this game thanks to mesh-based networking.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/12/06/the-matchmaking-technology-of-destiny.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

One world, multiple servers where not everybody is really in the same instance of any particular location at the same time. You are still going to see a maximum number of people in any one place at a time. There is an upper limit. They aren't populating every single person around you at all times.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#19TeraPatrick2008Posted 7/22/2014 5:00:01 AM
No. Why I should I care?
I'm boycotting the Xbone and I'm not interested in that game at all.
#20axelfooley2k5Posted 7/22/2014 5:08:35 AM
Nope

But i am buying it for ps4
Way more people in clans