It's kind of embaressing really...

#1freakpower76Posted 7/22/2014 6:07:41 AM
I bought an Xbox One instead of the PS4 because myself and my friends simply preferred the very first XBOX and have become accustomed to navigating the Microsoft console and controllers.

It would not be a difficult switch to go to Sony, I just wasn't enticed to. In my mind, if the PS4 outperforms the One, it would probably manifest in ways that would be fairly irrelevant to me.

That said, there was really no reason to stay loyal to Microsoft either, and I was experiencing a slight reluctance to purchase it simply due to the amount of negative press. It became likely that I would just go with the safe bet as I knew that they had sold much more consoles and would be least likely to have some sort of financial crisis which could impact the ability to support the system fully.

In the end do you know what sold me on the Xbox One fully? Coming to this board and seeing the multitude of Sony fans, who take the time to come over to the One board and instigate. If they even represent a fraction of the population I would run into playing Online on a Sony product, I am steering clear forever. One of the many things I like about the Xbox universe is that it seems to cater to a mature demographic. I usually encounter guys like myself who are laid back and looking for a little escapism from lifes battles. Why would i want to be around kids who actually think they are active soldiers in some sort of ridiculous plastic console war?
#2Skynet82997Posted 7/22/2014 6:10:09 AM
Thing is they aren't - they're a special kind of Dbag and their concentrated efforts to be raging jerks here on a daily basis is hardly indicative of the entirety of gamers that play on Playstation 4....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#3Crystyn_7BPosted 7/22/2014 6:12:33 AM(edited)
Agreed though the reason I went with XBO first was fable. I used to be more on the Sony side of things till I realized how toxic the community is (not only on GFaqs)

Heck I watched the PS4 reveal despite it ending well after midnight where I live.

Not to say there aren't any toxic people among the Xbox community, there are, but the scale of Sony's is just incomparable.
#4Jedi454Posted 7/22/2014 6:16:10 AM
Welcome home TC, us guys and girls that enjoy Xbox don't have to reassure ourselves with petty trolling and exaggerating resolution differences, we simply enjoy games.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#5Rdeal2Posted 7/22/2014 6:17:12 AM
I own both but i will always play multiplayer games on the X1 because i think the Sony community is scum and it's not because of this board alone.
You can say it was the other way round last gen but it was never this bad
#6djrudenPosted 7/22/2014 6:18:48 AM
You guys must have missed last gen when the ps3 board was filled with xbox fanboys for years ragging on the system getting inferior multiplats and what not. It was pretty much the reverse that we see today. Ironically, you didn't use the same logic to avoid the 360.

I've just come to expect the lesser of the consoles in any given generation to have the msg board on gamefaqs that best represents the proverbial "console war".

This generation it happens to be here due to MS's numerous 180's and lesser hardware and sales.
#7redditon4chanPosted 7/22/2014 6:19:42 AM
It is pretty embarrassing that your decision was based off forum trolls, I agree.
#8Joey-ZazaPosted 7/22/2014 6:20:35 AM
I love when people retort with "well last gen this happened... and so and so said this..."

Well man, it's been like 7 years. You realize that those people are 7 years older now. A lot of us are in our late twenties and thirties and it's just mind baffling that 30 year old men are snickering and basically harassing people on this board simply because of an opinion.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#9regs8376Posted 7/22/2014 6:22:05 AM(edited)
Yes it was this bad. Fanboys are terrible on both sites of the fence and saying one is worse than the other is wrong and just shows your bias. Most people who play either the ps4 or Xbox One dont post on message boards such as this and are busy enjoying their games.
#10MrSpaM111Posted 7/22/2014 6:22:29 AM
Strange, if you go to the ps4 board right now nearly every topic on the front page is a pretty normal conversation about games and hardware.

Now you come to the xbox one board, and every topic is full of troll calling, childish insults revolving around horses, and topics feeding false information about why the xbox is superior. Infact pretty much every topic on the first five pages on the Xbo board starts of with 2-3 pages of people wondering 'when the ponies will turn up' before the tc gets a legitimate answer.

I know which community I'd rather be a part of...
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628