It's kind of embaressing really...

#41metaldiggle2Posted 7/22/2014 7:30:49 AM
IceHusky posted...
il_capitano posted...
Who the hell decides on a system based off Gamefaqs trolls?

It's not just Gamefaqs' trolls, though. It's everywhere you read on the internet that has to do with gaming, including from Sony themselves. -_-"

Exactly. Naughty Dog's fake TLoU X1 version being just the most recent example of un-professionalism from the Sony camp. I mean it's obvious the game was never coming to X1, but come on, grow up ND.
---
Bears/Blackhawks/Cubs/Bulls. Chicago.
#42freakpower76(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 7:31:02 AM
I browse these message boards because I want to be in on discussions about games. If I am passing time at work, I'll come here and read posts related to the Xbox One universe. I can handle the criticisms of the system I purchased and I am financially okay to the point where I am not prone to buyers remorse. That said, I am human and I do become annoyed when every visit to this board yields an abundance of in your face topics highlighting negative opinions.

I was not posting to say that I hate PS4 fans and think they are all responsible for this. I did suggest that in light of the systems both being pretty much the same thing to me, I would avoid the one which seems to include the larger number of negative people. If this is more of a message board problem and not exclusive to video game message boards, well then I guess I'm now informed as to how message boards are just a haven for jerks. I don't visit any other message boards aside from this one. I couldn't be more passive about this, makes me laugh how i get guys calling me an idiot for choosing my system based on trolls. If anything it was more of a declaration for trolls that bashing the system might lead more people to choose it over their system of choice. I guess it is a bit of a stretch to assume that trolls have any other agenda aside from just getting a rise.
#43BlackFeathersPosted 7/22/2014 7:32:57 AM
freakpower76 posted...
I bought an Xbox One instead of the PS4 because myself and my friends simply preferred the very first XBOX and have become accustomed to navigating the Microsoft console and controllers.

It would not be a difficult switch to go to Sony, I just wasn't enticed to. In my mind, if the PS4 outperforms the One, it would probably manifest in ways that would be fairly irrelevant to me.

That said, there was really no reason to stay loyal to Microsoft either, and I was experiencing a slight reluctance to purchase it simply due to the amount of negative press. It became likely that I would just go with the safe bet as I knew that they had sold much more consoles and would be least likely to have some sort of financial crisis which could impact the ability to support the system fully.

In the end do you know what sold me on the Xbox One fully? Coming to this board and seeing the multitude of Sony fans, who take the time to come over to the One board and instigate. If they even represent a fraction of the population I would run into playing Online on a Sony product, I am steering clear forever. One of the many things I like about the Xbox universe is that it seems to cater to a mature demographic. I usually encounter guys like myself who are laid back and looking for a little escapism from lifes battles. Why would i want to be around kids who actually think they are active soldiers in some sort of ridiculous plastic console war?

You let gamefaqs dictate the decisions you make in life? LOLOLOLOL what a loser...
#44spacejamjordanzPosted 7/22/2014 7:54:04 AM
I was with you until that last paragraph. I would never let fanboys on a message board dictate what consoles I buy. Every fan base has their filth. There are posters from both camps on this board that add nothing of value to this forum alone. I have them all on ignore. They are annoying and irrational, but they don't represent an entire community.

If I went by that ridiculous rule, then I would have been forced out of gaming a long time ago.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#45Crystyn_7BPosted 7/22/2014 7:55:11 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
freakpower76 posted...
The Sony board is not crawling with people who are simply there to gripe and preach about "Their" system of choices superiority.

Thegamer00
Slyman 19
RussellGorall (you guys remember him, right?) He used to frequent these boards about a year ago. Now he exclusively sticks to the PS4 board trash talking the PS4.

my point? Every side has their ass*****. After playing several Cod's on the 360 online I've ultimately decided to just have my settings to mute on everyone that isn't on the friends list. The people who aren't pompous idiots generally don't use their mics anyways. mostly just the obnoxious screamers or people blasting their music use their mic's to talk to strangers

True there are more than enough stupid and toxic people on both sides, and I cringe at stupid xbox remarks just as well, but there simply is an overwhelming amount of sony (or pretending to eb sony fans) trolls.

I long since started to go to PS4 board for multiplatform titles because here the first response would most likely say something about playing the inferior version.
#46freakpower76(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 7:56:40 AM
Yes BlackFeathers, I am certain that were you and I to meet in person, it would be very clear which one of us is the loser. You summarized the point of my topic so eloquently with your post, it is obvious I am amongst greatness here.
#47Juzten76Posted 7/22/2014 8:13:31 AM
Spend some time on the PS4 board and you'll see that they hate those people as much as we do. They aren't wanted over there so they come here. Hell, half of the people trolling here aren't even fanboys of anything, they are just trolls who have nothing better to do than stir the pot.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#48djrudenPosted 7/22/2014 8:17:06 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Spend some time on the PS4 board and you'll see that they hate those people as much as we do. They aren't wanted over there so they come here. Hell, half of the people trolling here aren't even fanboys of anything, they are just trolls who have nothing better to do than stir the pot.

QFT

I think a lot of people here get labaled as "ponies" just for hating on the the system when really they are just average run of the mill gamers whom are probably lucky to have whatever system their parents bought them.
#49Shik_stickPosted 7/22/2014 8:37:26 AM(edited)
It's funny how the Sony online community is SO bad, yet i've made a lot of great friends online with Ps3 and Ps4 and in my experience the community is a lot. I have NEVER gotten hate mail nor have i ever had any S*** talking little kids or adults polluting any if the games i have played.

On Xbox 360 however...well we all know how that goes.

If that is really a reason for Xbox fans to bash Playstation you might as well through it in the pot with "PS4 has no games" as least valid complaint of all time. Just saying that it seems like Xbox fans are grasping at straws now to make the X1 seem better....which it is not, in any way.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#50BlackFeathersPosted 7/22/2014 8:35:22 AM
freakpower76 posted...
Yes BlackFeathers, I am certain that were you and I to meet in person, it would be very clear which one of us is the loser. You summarized the point of my topic so eloquently with your post, it is obvious I am amongst greatness here.

At least I have enough money to own any console I want. You obviously can only get 1. Get a better job and stop letting people that you don't know hurt your feelings... :/