How cheap will the console be around Christmas?

#1TidusDaniel54Posted 7/22/2014 9:32:48 AM
getting $1700 extra on that paycheck and thinking about getting one. (or a ps4, haven't decided yet.)
---
Trollenberg, home of the Crawling Eye. All stops lead to a bloody death. - Tom Servo
#2squarex8264Posted 7/22/2014 12:40:52 PM
I can see it potentially staying at $400, but being bundled with a game, such as Halo: Master Chief Collection. Perhaps a slight discount with that game, or another game like Horizon 2 or Sunset Overdrive.

Both PS4 and X1 seem to be discounted to around $360 right now with various promotions, but I don't see either console dropping below that price when they can opt for a bundle deal instead.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#3redditon4chanPosted 7/22/2014 12:44:37 PM
Id imagine you could pick up a bundle somewhere out there for like 370 with a game maybe. If not, Id imagine somewould have the system on sale for 360 or 370.

Id be surprised if it was any less than that.
#4dataDyneSoldierPosted 7/22/2014 12:55:56 PM
I'd personally wait until the Xbox One drops to $300 before picking it up. No sense buying it when it's the same price as a console that produces much better graphics. I like the Xbox One, too, but I just feel that the $400 price tag is not worth it.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#5redditon4chanPosted 7/22/2014 12:59:11 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
I'd personally wait until the Xbox One drops to $300 before picking it up. No sense buying it when it's the same price as a console that produces much better graphics. I like the Xbox One, too, but I just feel that the $400 price tag is not worth it.

Uh...aren't 360s still $250? The One at $300 is a long time coming, I'd imagine.
#6DarthUchiha91Posted 7/22/2014 1:05:10 PM
You'd probably be able to get a Halo MCC bundle around $400-450 or a Sunset Overdrive bundle.

Good decision. If you don't have a xb1 by now, the end of the year holidays would definitely be the best time to get one.
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
#7TBONE_OGPosted 7/22/2014 1:05:41 PM

PS4 doesn't produce "much better" graphics. So far PS4 has been shown to have a slightly better resolution. Don't be ignorant.

There's plenty of sense in buying X1 if you want to play the games it has, use the controller, enjoy XBL, etc.
---
Always O.G.
#8YakashiPosted 7/22/2014 1:06:27 PM

Which console produces much better graphics? The Wii U is worse. The PS4 is only marginally better. Atari Jaguar maybe?

I think everyone can admit the PS4 is slightly more powerful and can produce very marginal graphical improvements over an Xone version. But lies such as the above don't help the OP.

They need to take into account the performance difference for sure. But then there's the controller, the online experience, app and software options/support, physical aesthetics, exclusive games, brand allegiance, UI etc etc.

Once you've compared all of these then you can make a proper decision about which console to own. If I had to pick between my Xone or PS4 I would probably keep the PS4. But that's a personal, subjective decision based on all of the mentioned criteria. In no way does that make the Xone a bad console. It's excellent in fact. It just gets pipped when looking at the bigger picture

Saying it's not worth the money because the ps4 has better graphics is basically trolling.
---
Thanks for the response and have a blessed day.
#9dataDyneSoldierPosted 7/22/2014 1:09:12 PM
It's not trolling. I just fail to see how a less powerful console is the same price as the one with better specs.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#10SubSeenixPosted 7/22/2014 1:15:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]