Can someone explain why the Master Chief Collection is any different than TLoU?

#1dataDyneSoldierPosted 7/22/2014 1:42:02 PM(edited)
I can grab all Halo games included on the collection for the following amount:

Halo: Combat Evolved - $1
Halo 2 - $4
Halo 3 - $1
Halo 4 - $4
Collection price: $60

The Last of Us can be bought for $15
Remastered price: $50

My issue isn't with the game itself. I have no problem with fans being excited for the collection. However, when people claim that The Last of Us Remastered is some stupid cash grab, and then go on to praise the Master Chief Collection and claim it's something completely different somehow, I can't help but shake my head.

Some may call me a troll, but that's far from the truth. The Last of Us IS a cash grab, just as much as Grand Theft Auto 5 coming to the new consoles. The problem arises when fanboys claim that the Halo collection is somehow exempt because it contains multiple games across two different consoles (that can be purchased for insanely cheap).

So what makes the Master Chief Collection different?

-You can play the games online?
Same with the Last of Us

-There are four games?
All of which can be purchased combined for less than The Last of Us. Yet the collection costs $10 more.

-Updated graphics?
Just like every other remastered game that comes out.

-They come with all the DLC?
So does The Last of Us.

Am I missing something? The last thing I want to do here is troll the board, so sorry if it comes off that way. I'm just a fan of gaming that is legitimately curious as to why someone can insult people looking forward to any other remastered game or series of games, yet at the same time claim that The Master Chief Collection is different. Please help me understand.

Thank you for reading. Mature responses only, please. I don't want this to turn into some sort of fanboy war or anything.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#2loafy013Posted 7/22/2014 1:42:57 PM
Main reason seems to be the time-frame between the original release and the newer version.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#3kennyynnooPosted 7/22/2014 1:44:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4method115Posted 7/22/2014 1:44:58 PM
There is no difference it's just people on this site being silly. The best thing to do is just ignore them and find the few reasonable people on this to discuss games with. In fact the best thing to do would be to just leave this site in general and go to vgchartz or gaf to discuss games. People are much more mature on those sites.

I come here simply because I'm super bored at work a lot so this site gives me things to do. I hate the way I can't see who's quoted me or anything like that this is like a 1995 forums.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#5dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 1:45:33 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
It isn't different but you want us to argue with you like always to satisfy your sick mind. Seek help.

People HAVE argued with me over this in other topics, so I felt it deserved it's own topic. You'll see.
---
#6Jiggy101011Posted 7/22/2014 1:48:58 PM
Can you link me to where you can buy the Halo games listed at that price? Also you cant play Halo 2 online as they shut down the original LIVE servers years ago and that is a huge selling point for some.

The Last of Us is a great game, but when you look at comparison vids between the PS3 and PS4 version they don't look all that different, at least not enough to warrant a re-buy. Halo 2 in comparison is 10 year old game so the graphics boost will be very noticeable.

Anyways, link me to those prices please.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Watch Dogs, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed Revelations
#7dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 1:50:25 PM(edited)
Jiggy101011 posted...
Can you link me to where you can buy the Halo games listed at that price? Also you cant play Halo 2 online as they shut down the original LIVE servers years ago and that is a huge selling point for some.

The Last of Us is a great game, but when you look at comparison vids between the PS3 and PS4 version they don't look all that different, at least not enough to warrant a re-buy. Halo 2 in comparison is 10 year old game so the graphics boost will be very noticeable.

Anyways, link me to those prices please.

http://www.amazon.com

You can do the rest of the work. The prices listed were based off the cheapest used game, but to be fair I did the same with Last of Us.
---
#8kennyynnooPosted 7/22/2014 1:50:25 PM
Bet this goes 10 pages and gets bumped up.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#9dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 1:51:20 PM
kennyynnoo posted...

There is an "ignore" function if you can't handle someone trying to spark a conversation that doesn't involve praising everything about the Xbox One. Maybe try using it? I honestly wouldn't care.
---
#10kennyynnooPosted 7/22/2014 1:53:32 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

There is an "ignore" function if you can't handle someone trying to spark a conversation that doesn't involve praising everything about the Xbox One. Maybe try using it? I honestly wouldn't care.

Then I can't bust your balls.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.