Can someone explain why the Master Chief Collection is any different than TLoU?

#11iamdanthamanPosted 7/22/2014 2:53:54 PM
The main comparison that needs to be made is between Halo 2, which is the only game being completely re-mastered, for its 10th anniversary. Last of Us came out last year. So to address your points:

-You can play the games online?
Las of us can still be played online on PS3. Halo 2 can't.

-There are four games?
Once again, Halo 2 is the main focus. The rest are thrown in as a bonus. It is also much more than just the four games being thrown together in a collection. There are extra sequences where the whole story is being narrated to help lead into Halo 5. Last of us comes with all the DLC, but nothing that isn't available for the PS3 version(Unless I'm mistaken, that's all i've heard)

-Updated graphics?
Yes, but Halo 2 came out 10 years and 2 console generations ago. It is much more in need of an update than TLoU, which is still one of the best looking games available, despite being on a last gen system, and is only receiving higher res textures and lighting, while Halo 2 is being re-built from the ground up.
---
All your base are belong to us
#12SixStringHeroPosted 7/22/2014 2:54:00 PM
The MCC is quite possibly the best value I have ever seen in a collection game.

Over 100 MP maps from release day. How many does Last of Us have? 4 SP games compared to 1 with a very short agenda driven DLC.

The Last of Us was fantastic but it pales in comparison to MCC when it comes to the overall value.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#13TOhasNoRingPosted 7/22/2014 2:54:02 PM
You do realize The Last of Us is a year old... While Halo MCC is 4 games, 2 of which you can't play multiplayer on anymore. Then you get a remastered Halo 2, every DLC map ever released, Halo nightfall and the Halo 5 beta.
It's actually very different.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#14SonyPonyTonyPosted 7/22/2014 2:56:19 PM
Sorry but Halo collection curbstomps TLOU remaster. Think of all the value in replay and maps across multiple Halo games, it's laughable to even compare
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil
#15dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 2:57:05 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
It isn't different but you want us to argue with you like always to satisfy your sick mind. Seek help.

People HAVE argued with me over this in other topics, so I felt it deserved it's own topic. You'll see.

See?
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#16Crystyn_7BPosted 7/22/2014 2:58:21 PM(edited)

-Updated graphics?
Just like every other remastered game that comes out.

Not just like every other remastered game... TLoU practically gets increased from low to high PC settings. Halo 2 is recreated in a new engine.
#17CRASS5000Posted 7/22/2014 2:58:08 PM
There are a lot of differences.
#18TOhasNoRingPosted 7/22/2014 2:58:25 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
It isn't different but you want us to argue with you like always to satisfy your sick mind. Seek help.

People HAVE argued with me over this in other topics, so I felt it deserved it's own topic. You'll see.

See?

If you actually need an explanation to why the Halo MCC is different the TLOU Remastered then you need serious help.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#19dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 2:59:40 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

See?

If you actually need an explanation to why the Halo MCC is different the TLOU Remastered then you need serious help.

Other than it being different games, how is it any less of a cash grab than TLOU? Because it really isn't.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#20EstocassassinPosted 7/22/2014 3:00:57 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
Can you link me to where you can buy the Halo games listed at that price? Also you cant play Halo 2 online as they shut down the original LIVE servers years ago and that is a huge selling point for some.

The Last of Us is a great game, but when you look at comparison vids between the PS3 and PS4 version they don't look all that different, at least not enough to warrant a re-buy. Halo 2 in comparison is 10 year old game so the graphics boost will be very noticeable.

Anyways, link me to those prices please.

http://www.amazon.com

You can do the rest of the work. The prices listed were based off the cheapest used game, but to be fair I did the same with Last of Us.

Lol then add the $4.99 p&p from each retailer silly bear