Can someone explain why the Master Chief Collection is any different than TLoU?

#41DeadLock25Posted 7/22/2014 3:39:31 PM(edited)
Aside from the fact that TLoU came out last year, all of the Halo Games are NEW (I am willing to bet the price you listed is used, and even that is still pushing it. Halo Combat evolved is $1 used on Amazon. You are getting Halo Anniversary (aka, the remastered version) if you forgot.

There are four games, two of which are remastered and regardless of their market value, the amount of content is significantly more compared to TLoU. And no, you CANNOT play online on all of the games. Halo 2 Servers are offline and Halo Combat Evolved is as well if you want to still use that $1 price point.

This is also ignoring the Halo 5 Beta and the Halo Nightfall content.

Thats not to say that one is better than the other, but the MCC gives significantly more value regardless of how you chose to spin it. So yes its quite different.

I still think releasing both is justified. TLoU is amazing and I dont see why people who never had a PS3 but have a PS4 should miss out. They are not asking the full price so that seems descent.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244
#42lunaticcorePosted 7/22/2014 3:46:54 PM
I want to reiterate the point that only the most hardcore of Halo fans will have played every single map included in this collection, and getting them with dedicated severs and a fresh influx of gamers to play is a huge bonus.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#43iamdanthamanPosted 7/22/2014 3:47:55 PM
lunaticcore posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
lunaticcore posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
recreating one of the 4 games from scratch and upping the graphics on the others?

Yea.. they didn't recreate any of the 4 games from scratch.

Umm. It is running on a brand new engine, with brand new character models and high res textures. While they may have re-used some of the original assets to make sure it was re-created faithfully, it was essentially re-built from the ground up.

Pretty sure they just layered everything on the original engine like any graphical update mod normally would on the Pc. There is zero chance that they "recreated the game from scratch" There is tons of the original code still running for sure, specially things like hit boxes and physics.

Nope, it is running two engines at the same time, Just like Halo:CE Anniversary. It is not just a texture re-map like a PC mod. All models have been re-made on a brand new engine. Yes, the physics and other behind the scenes stuff are the same as the original in order to keep gameplay the same as it was, but graphically, it is all new.
---
All your base are belong to us
#44zerooo0Posted 7/22/2014 3:51:26 PM
You get 4 great games instead of just one great game.

All for $60 to or TLoU is $50, but that isn't too much of a difference. Also the online will easily be better than TLoU.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#45CharadeSmithPosted 7/22/2014 4:02:10 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
lunaticcore posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
recreating one of the 4 games from scratch and upping the graphics on the others?

Umm. It is running on a brand new engine, with brand new character models and high res textures. While they may have re-used some of the original assets to make sure it was re-created faithfully, it was essentially re-built from the ground up.

And they're still the exact same games.
---
SonyTendo - Fight the evil Microdevil
#46zerooo0Posted 7/22/2014 4:06:56 PM
CharadeSmith posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
lunaticcore posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...

And they're still the exact same games.

Just like The Last of Us is and that game isn't even a year old yet. Halo 4 I think is at least two oh wait you are the daily troll of this board.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#47liquidblue4Posted 7/22/2014 4:08:01 PM
CharadeSmith posted...
The difference is that TLOU is good and Halo is not.

That must be why it sold so many copies, huh?
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#48zerooo0Posted 7/22/2014 4:11:29 PM
CharadeSmith posted...

The Last of Us only wishes it could have such a rich history as Halo. Halo built MS to the giant console maker it is today, The Last of Us will never have a legacy like that.

Oh please though you are just the troll, so no need to take your opinion any serious.
---
#49ZemataPosted 7/22/2014 4:12:10 PM
I've seen OPs topics before. He'll just ignore any legit responses he doesn't like, repeat himself ad nauseam, and bump his thread for new waves of responses from people who don't know his game yet. Do yourselves a favor and ignore.
---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zemata/ = My Lego Things.
soundcloud.com/zemata = My music things.
#50CharadeSmithPosted 7/22/2014 4:16:59 PM
zerooo0 posted...
CharadeSmith posted...

The Last of Us only wishes it could have such a rich history as Halo. Halo built MS to the giant console maker it is today, The Last of Us will never have a legacy like that.

LMAO
---
SonyTendo - Fight the evil Microdevil