Can someone explain why the Master Chief Collection is any different than TLoU?

#51ExempliGratiaPosted 7/22/2014 5:20:04 PM
Lmao at this.. Why feed into it?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#52N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 7/22/2014 5:20:44 PM
The clear difference between the two is value. Also, one is a remaster of one game that's a year old, and another is a collection of games from the last 14 years, with the oldest ones being remastered.

MCC:
-100 maps
-MP functionality for all games (co-op and competitive)
-Halo CE is the remastered version
-Halo 2 is remastered
-3 and 4 get resolution and frame rate boost 1080p/60fps like CE &2
-Extra content spread throughout 2, 3, 4 like terminals
-Access to pre H5 content with Nightfall
-Access to H5 beta

TLoU:R:
-Remastered graphics
-All DLC included (up to this point)

I'm pretty sure I missed one here or there for each one, but as far as bang for your buck, 40+ hours of FPS story, with 100 MP maps, and all 4 games are launched from the same platform (no switching disks, or loading a different game) seamlessly.

Both are cash grabs obviously, but one could be debated as a rip off, while the other could be debated as the best, or one of the best collections ever released.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#53zerooo0Posted 7/22/2014 5:20:44 PM
CharadeSmith posted...
zerooo0 posted...
CharadeSmith posted...
The difference is that TLOU is good and Halo is not.

The Last of Us only wishes it could have such a rich history as Halo. Halo built MS to the giant console maker it is today, The Last of Us will never have a legacy like that.

LMAO

It's true.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#54N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 7/22/2014 5:21:33 PM
Weird, zero we same time posted. Freaky.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#55lunaticcorePosted 7/22/2014 5:24:54 PM
CharadeSmith posted...
zerooo0 posted...
CharadeSmith posted...

The Last of Us only wishes it could have such a rich history as Halo. Halo built MS to the giant console maker it is today, The Last of Us will never have a legacy like that.

LMAO

Not sure what you are laughing about. Halo 2 was so big that it suffocated the other Xbox live games on the original Xbox, and there is no doubt that it sold Xboxes and Xbox 360s. The matchmaking system pretty much changed everything, and not only was the original games fanbase so dedicated that they were doing Lan parties and creating stuff like Red vs. Blue the sequel had fans hanging on till the last second when they had to pull the plug on old Xbox live.

The cultural impact of Halo is significant.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#56killerbasaPosted 7/22/2014 5:33:40 PM(edited)
TLoU isn't a cash grab for those whom haven't played it yet. (Like myself)

However, MCC is different. We are getting 1 recently remastered game, a newly remastered game, Halo 3 and Halo 4. 4 games and the addition of all the multiplayer together. Sure, you list the prices of the games, but can I play Halo CE on Xbox Live? No. Do I want to go get an Xbox just to play Halo 2 (not even remastered)? No. It's the convenience of having old and a newish game all on one disc and having access to a thriving online system and community. I will gladly pay $60 for the collection. Not to mention that the individual games you listed aren't at 60fps (which isn't a huge issue for me as I enjoyed all of those games without it.

I would also pay $50 for an HD TLoU. Simply because I haven't played the game yet. However, by the time I get a PS4 and get around to playing it the price of the game should be around $20. So it is a win-win for me. Those that have played it on PS3 already I don't see the justification and understand people calling it a cash grab in that circumstance.
#57CharadeSmithPosted 7/22/2014 5:32:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#58AgentLockePosted 7/22/2014 5:34:23 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
It isn't different but you want us to argue with you like always to satisfy your sick mind. Seek help.

People HAVE argued with me over this in other topics, so I felt it deserved it's own topic. You'll see.

See?

They argued over it for good reason, I'm not even gonna get into that reason since it's been posted over and over in this thread alone. It's simple comparing the 2 is pointless, MCC is the better value by a mile and that's from someone who has played every halo and TLOU. While it may have been an amazing game it no way in hell can compare with the MCC. The only people who will disagree are sony fanboys and halo haters. Anyone who loves BOTH games/series can see the value in each... It's just that MCC's value is much higher. I know I'll get hate for this next part but it's true. This is not a opinion it's practically a fact.
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)
#59zerooo0Posted 7/22/2014 5:36:00 PM
CharadeSmith posted...
lunaticcore posted...
CharadeSmith posted...
zerooo0 posted...
CharadeSmith posted...

LMAO

Not sure what you are laughing about. Halo 2 was so big that it suffocated the other Xbox live games on the original Xbox, and there is no doubt that it sold Xboxes and Xbox 360s. The matchmaking system pretty much changed everything, and not only was the original games fanbase so dedicated that they were doing Lan parties and creating stuff like Red vs. Blue the sequel had fans hanging on till the last second when they had to pull the plug on old Xbox live.

The cultural impact of Halo is significant.

That's because the Xbox had no games.

Have you ever thought to just think for a second before you post? Everything you said has been wrong.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#60TrueGBPosted 7/22/2014 5:44:15 PM
Am I missing something? The last thing I want to do here is troll the board, so sorry if it comes off that way.

Halo CE never had an online multiplayer mode. That's the brand new feature in the bundle many of us never got to experience and are excited to try.

You could also argue nobody ever said LoU had the greatest multiplayer ever whereas many Xbox fans got one just for Halo 2's multiplayer.

That said, I don't see why anyone has a problem with tLoU remastered. I never got a PS3, but I will get a PS4 and now I don't have to get PSNow or whatever to play a good game.
---
Future Billionaire