Can someone explain why the Master Chief Collection is any different than TLoU?

#71Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/22/2014 7:35:13 PM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
Oh and also I don't think anyone has pointed out that you can play from level one of Halo: CE all the way to the last level of Halo 4 with no breaks in the cinematics or anything. Like playing a whole 40+ hour saga all the way through. That would be a sweet achievement, and would be crazy to do. One entire play through.

that wouldn't be healthy...
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#72N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 7/22/2014 8:27:59 PM(edited)
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
Oh and also I don't think anyone has pointed out that you can play from level one of Halo: CE all the way to the last level of Halo 4 with no breaks in the cinematics or anything. Like playing a whole 40+ hour saga all the way through. That would be a sweet achievement, and would be crazy to do. One entire play through.

that wouldn't be healthy...

Dude, what the hell is going on??? I click "post message" at 11:37, and as soon as the page loads, your post is underneath mine, says you posted at 11:35...BUT YOU QOUTED ME!! It took me like 1.5 minutes to type that, so that means u posted it before I thought of it.

But even if you didn't post til after I posted, how could you have quoted and typed ur post, then posted it, in the (literally) split second the page loaded after I posted it?? Wtf?
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#73dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 9:41:24 PM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
killerbasa posted...
TLoU isn't a cash grab for those whom haven't played it yet. (Like myself)

I would also pay $50 for an HD TLoU. Simply because I haven't played the game yet. However, by the time I get a PS4 and get around to playing it the price of the game should be around $20. So it is a win-win for me. Those that have played it on PS3 already I don't see the justification and understand people calling it a cash grab in that circumstance.

I think this is what most people with common sense are pointing out. It makes it seem like a cash grab because it's only a year old, most PS4 owners are probably previous PS3 owners that have already played it, so it would make sense that those people have no reason really to own it. Also a huge factor that will determine the way TLoU sells is what is available before, or right after release (games wise), because there aren't a whole lot of great games out yet (and that goes for MS too). While I know MS has pulled desperate things and screwed themselves up this gen so far, Sony releasing a year old game again for only 10$ cheaper seems kind of stupid. ND could have made a smaller budget game like an old PS1 style open world crash bandicoot for 50$, but have it be a smaller game, nothing huge. Just something different I think would be key for them (Sony) if it was well executed by ND.

Exactly. I owned a 360 last gen, and a PS4 this gen and am very excited to be able to play a game that I missed out on, even if someone has spoiled the ending for me already. I don't like Halo, but that doesn't mean I don't respect the franchise. I just have never been a big fan of modern FPS games. That said, I see the reason to be excited for both games. Bashing one for doing something similar just makes no sense to me.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#74Millertime660Posted 7/22/2014 9:57:33 PM
100+ multiplayer maps in one location.
#75Homie_202Posted 7/22/2014 10:12:56 PM
Personally I think both are a cash grab. That won't stop me from getting them. I think any rerelease of a game is pretty much a cash grab but that just me. I do believe they have their place though. IMO though as good as halo is last of us is just that much better. I have been a big halo fan since the first one. And yes I agree it did a lot for console gaming (a lot of that had been done on PC before). But last of us is probably one of the best games I have ever played in my entire 20 years of gaming. IMO last of us redefined a genre that has been slowly dying for the last 5 years. Halo redefined a genre on consoles yes but they haven't evolved a whole lot since they came out. Yes there have been lots of changes but everytime a new halo comes out I feel like more people just complain about it being worse then the one before it. Just my 2 cents.
#76SxmfctPosted 7/23/2014 1:25:51 AM
TLOU is just a bland game/movie that can't decide what it wants to be

Halo is just a bland FPS. Honestly I'd go for a bland FPS over a movie/game hybrid any day
---
sigless user logic
#77InjusticeRebornPosted 7/23/2014 1:52:43 AM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
The clear difference between the two is value. Also, one is a remaster of one game that's a year old, and another is a collection of games from the last 14 years, with the oldest ones being remastered.

MCC:
-100 maps
-MP functionality for all games (co-op and competitive)
-Halo CE is the remastered version
-Halo 2 is remastered
-3 and 4 get resolution and frame rate boost 1080p/60fps like CE &2
-Extra content spread throughout 2, 3, 4 like terminals
-Access to pre H5 content with Nightfall
-Access to H5 beta

TLoU:R:
-Remastered graphics
-All DLC included (up to this point)

I'm pretty sure I missed one here or there for each one, but as far as bang for your buck, 40+ hours of FPS story, with 100 MP maps, and all 4 games are launched from the same platform (no switching disks, or loading a different game) seamlessly.

Both are cash grabs obviously, but one could be debated as a rip off, while the other could be debated as the best, or one of the best collections ever released.

I'm no Halo fan, but dang. Only thing that could break down this wall of 'middle finger' towards the TC's attempt (and the late entry from Smithy) is that huge Titan. :O
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#78N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 7/23/2014 7:07:18 PM
^^What?
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#79SabramPosted 7/23/2014 7:29:59 PM
A better comparison is God of War Saga to Master Chief Collection

Original God of War came out in 2005, Saga released in 2012 so a 7 year difference instead of 10

Contains 4 remasters as opposed to 2
Contains 5 games versus 4
No multiplayer vs strong MP focus
Both containing one of the most iconic characters to their brand
God of War 3 and Halo 4 were both heralded as some of the best graphics on consoles

Thing is, God of War Saga wasn't heavily touted as the "BIGGEST AND MOST AWESOME THING EVER" like MCC is currently being. The difference there is that Sony didnt need to rely on GoWS to sell their system, unlike MS who needs the MCC to sell Xbones. Overall aside from the no multiplayer bit, the God of War Saga is a better collection than the Halo MCC, considering EVERY game in the GoW series is included aside from the most recent (Ascension) Yet the MCC skips Reach and ODST, which a lot of people liked more than 4 and some thing Reach is the best in the series.

Of course with the games being completely different genres it's hard to compare them, but the simplest comparison to make is 5 games vs 4 in each collection.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#80mindoftwomoronsPosted 7/23/2014 7:53:32 PM
Saying they are both a cash grab isn't false, but let's not pretend they are an equal value here.
---
http://giant.gfycat.com/BiodegradableRevolvingBlueandgoldmackaw.gif http://giant.gfycat.com/EvergreenMiserableBorer.gif