Can someone explain why the Master Chief Collection is any different than TLoU?

#91Millertime660Posted 7/24/2014 2:09:59 AM
Sabram posted...
Actually God of War Saga would have been a literally "better value" since you get 5 games instead of 4, and more recently released titles that wouldnt have depreciated in value as much.

One could also argue that there is much more value with 100+ multiplayer maps all integrated into a single UI. Plus 4 AAA titles, The TV series and Halo 5 beta.
#92Ludacris01Posted 7/24/2014 2:28:50 AM
The answer is because fanboys.

People fail to understand that TLoU Remastered is being made for a different target market from the MCC.

Given the huge amount of 360 owners who switched to PS4, the game is made to give that significant market a chance to play the game, as well as bring income to Sony. For that certain market, it is essentially a brand new game, since it was something they had no interest in otherwise (being a PS3 exclusive)

For the MCC, it's geared towards a market who are fans of the series and would like to replay the older games, as well as the younger audience who may not necessarily have played the first few Halo games on the original Xbox. in other words, a different target market than TLoU remastered

Unfortunately, people cannot comprehend these facts, because again, fanboy-ism.
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official King K. Rool of the Smash 4 board. KING K. ROOL FOR SMASH 4
#93SabramPosted 7/24/2014 3:09:30 AM
Ludacris01 posted...

People fail to understand that TLoU Remastered is being made for a different target market from the MCC.

Given the huge amount of 360 owners who switched to PS4, the game is made to give that significant market a chance to play the game, as well as bring income to Sony. For that certain market, it is essentially a brand new game, since it was something they had no interest in otherwise (being a PS3 exclusive)

For the MCC, it's geared towards a market who are fans of the series and would like to replay the older games, as well as the younger audience who may not necessarily have played the first few Halo games on the original Xbox. in other words, a different target market than TLoU remastered

Pretty much the truth here. I havent gotten a chance to play The Last of Us yet myself, so likely I'll get it for PS4 when i finally get one of those.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#94SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/24/2014 3:23:49 AM
TOhasNoRing posted...
You do realize The Last of Us is a year old... While Halo MCC is 4 games, 2 of which you can't play multiplayer on anymore. Then you get a remastered Halo 2, every DLC map ever released, Halo nightfall and the Halo 5 beta.
It's actually very different.

---
gt: For Spartaa
#95CapwnDPosted 7/24/2014 3:27:56 AM
Did the TC compare TLOU online with Halo online? I mean I knew the TC is a staunch sony fanboy but wow.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#96singhellotakuPosted 7/24/2014 3:41:29 AM
loafy013 posted...
Main reason seems to be the time-frame between the original release and the newer version.

this, even halo 4 is 2 years old, and halo 2 means there is some original-ish content in there. Last of us is getting released about 13 months after the original game and contains the exact same content+some dlc. Also when it comes down to it, you can burn through the last of us in around 6 hours. 4 halo games will take much longer. Its still a cash grab, its just a more reasonable one than TLoU
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#97singhellotakuPosted 7/24/2014 3:42:39 AM
Ludacris01 posted...

this is and always will be, a ridiculous argument, especially with TLoU ps3 being a focal point of psnow.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#98SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/24/2014 3:53:17 AM
Ludacris01 posted...

Link to these "facts"?
---
gt: For Spartaa
#99AgentLockePosted 7/24/2014 4:17:29 AM(edited)
Millertime660 posted...
Sabram posted...
Actually God of War Saga would have been a literally "better value" since you get 5 games instead of 4, and more recently released titles that wouldnt have depreciated in value as much.

One could also argue that there is much more value with 100+ multiplayer maps all integrated into a single UI. Plus 4 AAA titles, The TV series and Halo 5 beta.

Lol but to make his argument work he said the MP part doesn't count. Then he had the nerve to use the word fanboy all while desperately defending how the GoW collection is a better value? Lmao just no. I like both series for what they are and the MCC will be 10x the game that GoW collection will be. How fun is it to mash the attack button for 5 games straight?

Seriously anyone who enjoys ALL of the games/collections mentioned in this thread will be able to tell you where the most value is. It's practically fact and arguing against it screams "fanboy". Now I understand liking a series more, but be honest about where the value is here.
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)
#100AgentLockePosted 7/24/2014 4:16:24 AM(edited)
SupaflyGibson posted...
Ludacris01 posted...

Link to these "facts"?

He makes a goop point tbh. I never thought of Tlou as a cash grab, I'm just sick of the dumb kids who have the nerve to say its the better deal. That's really the most insane thing I read daily here lately. To compare the 2 content to content is just plain dumb. They do both have good reasons to be released. The truth regardless is MCC is possibly the best deal in console gaming history right next to the orange box. THAT is a fact.
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)