"Opinion: Xbox One --The console that used to be different"

#1quincy2000aPosted 7/22/2014 4:23:59 PM
http://questgamingnetwork.mymiddleearth.com/2014/07/21/opinion-xbox-one-the-console-that-used-to-be-different/
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#2Laylow12Posted 7/22/2014 4:39:38 PM
quincy2000a posted...
http://questgamingnetwork.mymiddleearth.com/2014/07/21/opinion-xbox-one-the-console-that-used-to-be-different/

Taken from the article:

"Now, fast-forward seven months since launch, and the console we have is a shadow of the version Don Mattrick stood in front of proudly.

Now, what we are left with is a box that is more powerful than a Xbox 360 and PS3, but canít catch the other console it competes against in pure power.

There is no denying it: the Ps4 is simply a more powerful system, and now that both consoles essentially do the same thing, why would you spend your money on an inferior system. Especially if they are now the same price?"

Good point and that's why people aren't getting on board. Plus the company behind it tried to ruin gaming.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#3MetalZoicPosted 7/22/2014 5:04:10 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Plus the company behind it tried to ruin gaming.

Jesus.
#4SnickleseedPosted 7/22/2014 5:06:34 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Now, what we are left with is a box that is more powerful than a Xbox 360 and PS3, but canít catch the other console it competes against in pure power.

This would be true regardless of the initial policies.....
---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#5zerooo0Posted 7/22/2014 5:07:35 PM
MetalZoic posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Jesus.

He is just a troll. I normally ignore him and TC. Or I like to poke at his opinion knowing how wrong he is, but it's really funny that he thinks he has some sort of point.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#6Garage_ManPosted 7/22/2014 5:24:41 PM
zerooo0 posted...
MetalZoic posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Jesus.

He is just a troll. I normally ignore him and TC. Or I like to poke at his opinion knowing how wrong he is, but it's really funny that he thinks he has some sort of point.

He is right in a way though...you can't say MS vision was exactly helping gamers everywhere. I'm not saying they intentionally did it, but their vision was quite negative.
#7Laylow12Posted 7/22/2014 5:31:52 PM
Garage_Man posted...
zerooo0 posted...
MetalZoic posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Jesus.

He is right in a way though...you can't say MS vision was exactly helping gamers everywhere. I'm not saying they intentionally did it, but their vision was quite negative.

Thank you Garage_Man. That's all I'm saying bros. They told us and I quote: "We're going to redefine the definition of game ownership". When pressed for details they had none, just wanted us to jump in head first and pre order anyways without any explanation of what this meant.

*waves at zerooo0*
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#8RuinerEraserPosted 7/22/2014 5:32:37 PM
This power issue is such a moot point, a real gamer should go into buying a console with more than just power in mind. Features and exclusives are far more important than 900p vs 1080p. A difference the vast majority of users couldn't even notice.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#9quincy2000a(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 5:58:05 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
A difference the vast majority of users couldn't even notice.

Yeah, just go with the crowd...but not those playing on better televisions/monitors. Because those users will probably notice, at least according to Microsoft.

RuinerEraser posted...
This power issue is such a moot point, a real gamer should go into buying a console with more than just power in mind. Features and exclusives are far more important than 900p vs 1080p.

Totally subjective, not right or wrong, but totally subjective.

My opinion, if power were a moot point, I never would have bought an X1 because I have a perfectly good 360.

I'm a gamer--features? What does that mean in terms of my games? Clapping at my TV?

Exclusives? I agree with you there--if there are games that you prefer on one system over the other, yes. But if you're like some who feel the exclusives on both systems are about equal, then you're left with multiplatform games...

and that's when that power comes into play, because, typically, games will play and look better on the more powerful system.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#10ThatLaoGuyPosted 7/22/2014 6:06:44 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
This power issue is such a moot point, a real gamer should go into buying a console with more than just power in mind. Features and exclusives are far more important than 900p vs 1080p. A difference the vast majority of users couldn't even notice.

gamers can still desire the best consoles that plays games they enjoy at the best settings. You have no idea how many casual gamers just buy COD year after year and don't even touch exclusives. Why would they get the xbone when PS4 can play COD that looks better and plays better without frame rate drops. Controller preference is on the individual. Each have their pros and cons. I just need a badass console that plays COD and BF and have it look beast on my tv. And don't bring pc into the discussion. Joe blow(the coworker) is not going to have a $2000 gaming rig to play with me.
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.