Teenage son discovers his deceased father's ghost car in Xbox rally game

#11RuinerEraserPosted 7/22/2014 6:21:32 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
It's not like the ghost replay has his voice or anything. This is a meaningless 'feel good' story.

Because all warm memories and feelings need to be brought on with something thas has a voice. Photographs = bad because no voice
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#12RuinerEraserPosted 7/22/2014 6:24:03 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
AgentLocke posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
It's not like the ghost replay has his voice or anything. This is a meaningless 'feel good' story.

Wow, this site makes me feel for humanity more and more each day.

It doesn't have his voice, there are no text messages, there is nothing other than a user name connecting to his father.

The fake Animal Crossing story about the kid who's mom died leaving him notes and presents in the game has more feeling than this.

I'll explain how human emotions work because clearly you are a psychopath/sociopath and have none.

The ghost he was racing was a memory of his father, his father actually raced that time lap and in essence, the son was racing his long passed away father in a video game. This brought up warm feelings of when his father was alive and they would play video games together.

Now go shoot kittens with a bb gun or do whatever it is you sociopaths do.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#13Tajaz2426Posted 7/22/2014 6:25:35 PM
Good lord, I am home on leave to see my wife and kids, I have been stationed away for 4 years now, my 12 year old am I just read this and we had a mighty good cry together.

It reminds me of my first deployment to Iraq, it was the beginning of 2004, he was just speaking away one day, the day came that dad had to jump on that C-130 and he looks straight at me and say, " can I come with you daddy, I can throw my shoes at the bad guys". It absolutely killed me at the time. I do however think of that moment when deployed or alone away from my wife and kids.

I'm sitting here beside him right now and thinking of that very moment, glad that I know, no matter far I am away I can see my beautiful kids everyday.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#14AgentLockePosted 7/22/2014 6:27:36 PM
It would still be quite the shock to see you dead dad's ghost car 10 years later. On top of deciding last second not to pass the ghost just to keep some trace of your dad behind. It is a good story man, sorry you have the grinch's heart... Maybe spend some time with the family?
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)
#15VoidBeyondPosted 7/22/2014 6:31:59 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
AgentLocke posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

It doesn't have his voice, there are no text messages, there is nothing other than a user name connecting to his father.

The fake Animal Crossing story about the kid who's mom died leaving him notes and presents in the game has more feeling than this.

Bro ur so edgy and hardcore bro
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#16billsfanno1Posted 7/22/2014 6:33:44 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
AgentLocke posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

I'll explain how human emotions work because clearly you are a psychopath/sociopath and have none.

The ghost he was racing was a memory of his father, his father actually raced that time lap and in essence, the son was racing his long passed away father in a video game. This brought up warm feelings of when his father was alive and they would play video games together.

{standing ovation}
#17AgentLockePosted 7/22/2014 6:35:10 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
AgentLocke posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

Me and you have had our spat's (lol I still think wolfenstein is a great game) but thanks for putting that better than I could. It's hard to imagine someone reading that story and thinking "this is pointless" that kinda blows my mind tbh.
---
#18ThatLaoGuyPosted 7/22/2014 6:36:30 PM
lol what a sucker. I would have beat that record easily.
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#19billsfanno1Posted 7/22/2014 6:36:44 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Good lord, I am home on leave to see my wife and kids, I have been stationed away for 4 years now, my 12 year old am I just read this and we had a mighty good cry together.

It reminds me of my first deployment to Iraq, it was the beginning of 2004, he was just speaking away one day, the day came that dad had to jump on that C-130 and he looks straight at me and say, " can I come with you daddy, I can throw my shoes at the bad guys". It absolutely killed me at the time. I do however think of that moment when deployed or alone away from my wife and kids.

I'm sitting here beside him right now and thinking of that very moment, glad that I know, no matter far I am away I can see my beautiful kids everyday.

Thanks for your service. Can't imagine the sacrifice you are going through, hope things stabilize soon.
#20AgentLockePosted 7/22/2014 6:40:31 PM(edited)
ThatLaoGuy posted...
lol what a sucker. I would have beat that record easily.

And you wonder why your considered a pair of clown shoes around here?

Edit: on top of your "grown men" sig? Lol like your a grown man with that dumb a** statement I quoted above? Hahahahah thanks for the laugh dude, seriously.
---