Teenage son discovers his deceased father's ghost car in Xbox rally game

#31Laylow12Posted 7/23/2014 11:48:09 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
It's not like the ghost replay has his voice or anything. This is a meaningless 'feel good' story.

You sound like the type who would sneak into his window at night and beat the dad's ghost just so he had nothing left of him. Then the following morning message him on XBl and tell him to check on dad.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#32DonVito1990Posted 7/23/2014 11:52:23 AM
Laylow12 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
It's not like the ghost replay has his voice or anything. This is a meaningless 'feel good' story.

You sound like the type who would sneak into his window at night and beat the dad's ghost just so he had nothing left of him. Then the following morning message him on XBl and tell him to check on dad.

Well, it would be a nice troll.
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#33Sega9599Posted 7/23/2014 12:56:38 PM
Peter Kay did this best, abou the woman who's husband used to eat quavers all the time and then when he died, an empty packet of quavers blew across the street.
THAT WERE HIM FOR SURE

While it *is* nice for sure, this seems like a story designed to tug at the heart and fog the mind. Like the old man and his ducks. He always fed them, But one day he noticed something. The Ducks....were gone. Some say the ducks were killed by pollution. Some say they went to China. Some say he simply used to sit over there at that other pond that contains ducks.
But the truth is....maybe there's just no room in this world for an old man....and his ducks.
where have all the flowers gone
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#34Pixx0Posted 7/23/2014 1:02:12 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
AgentLocke posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

Wow, this site makes me feel for humanity more and more each day.

It doesn't have his voice, there are no text messages, there is nothing other than a user name connecting to his father.

The fake Animal Crossing story about the kid who's mom died leaving him notes and presents in the game has more feeling than this.

I'll explain how human emotions work because clearly you are a psychopath/sociopath and have none.

The ghost he was racing was a memory of his father, his father actually raced that time lap and in essence, the son was racing his long passed away father in a video game. This brought up warm feelings of when his father was alive and they would play video games together.

Now go shoot kittens with a bb gun or do whatever it is you sociopaths do.

thank you for trying to bring sense to some clueless clown.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#35Sega9599Posted 7/23/2014 1:39:47 PM
Pixx0 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
AgentLocke posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

Wow, this site makes me feel for humanity more and more each day.

It doesn't have his voice, there are no text messages, there is nothing other than a user name connecting to his father.

The fake Animal Crossing story about the kid who's mom died leaving him notes and presents in the game has more feeling than this.

I'll explain how human emotions work because clearly you are a psychopath/sociopath and have none.

The ghost he was racing was a memory of his father, his father actually raced that time lap and in essence, the son was racing his long passed away father in a video game. This brought up warm feelings of when his father was alive and they would play video games together.

Now go shoot kittens with a bb gun or do whatever it is you sociopaths do.

thank you for trying to bring sense to some clueless clown.

no the clown was right. it is a story designed to prey on peoples emotions.
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#36kidwgmPosted 7/23/2014 1:44:13 PM
Seen this earlier and thought to myself what a neat albiet sad story.

AwayFromHere posted...

I love posts like this. Makes it a ton easier to ignore people when they are so blatant trolling.
---
Currently Playing: Wolfenstien, Max and The Curse of the Brotherhood andD3: RoS.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#37Jiggy101011Posted 7/23/2014 2:48:28 PM
Sega9599 posted...
Peter Kay did this best, abou the woman who's husband used to eat quavers all the time and then when he died, an empty packet of quavers blew across the street.
THAT WERE HIM FOR SURE

While it *is* nice for sure, this seems like a story designed to tug at the heart and fog the mind. Like the old man and his ducks. He always fed them, But one day he noticed something. The Ducks....were gone. Some say the ducks were killed by pollution. Some say they went to China. Some say he simply used to sit over there at that other pond that contains ducks.
But the truth is....maybe there's just no room in this world for an old man....and his ducks.
where have all the flowers gone

Boy you must be a blast to hang out with.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Watch Dogs, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed Revelations
#38TBONE_OGPosted 7/23/2014 2:53:47 PM
My accidental "dupe" topic on the subject went a little better...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69706813#qp

TBONE_OG posted...
http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/23/5929075/rallisport-challenge-ghost-son-races-father-xbox

Get ready for some tears.

This is the most heart-warming video game ghost story Iíve ever heard. According to a post on Motoramic, a youtube commenter that goes by 00WARTHERAPY00 shared a supernaturally touching story about racing their fatherís ghost in Xbox racer RalliSport Challenge, ten years after he had passed.

On a spooky note ó The Besties actually conceived of this very scenario years before this happened ó check out their total pre-cog moment starting at 33:45.

Note: spelling and punctuation have been preserved from the post:

Well, when i was 4, my dad bought a trusty XBox. you know, the first, ruggedy, blocky one from 2001. we had tons and tons and tons of fun playing all kinds of games together - until he died, when i was just 6.

i couldnt touch that console for 10 years.

but once i did, i noticed something.

we used to play a racing game, Rally Sports Challenge. actually pretty awesome for the time it came.

and once i started meddling around... i found a GHOST.

literaly.

you know, when a time race happens, that the fastest lap so far gets recorded as a ghost driver? yep, you guessed it - his ghost still rolls around the track today.

and so i played and played, and played, untill i was almost able to beat the ghost. until one day i got ahead of it, i surpassed it, and...

i stopped right in front of the finish line, just to ensure i wouldnt delete it.

Bliss.

Judging from subsequent comments, 00WARTHERAPY00 wasnít necessarily looking for attention with their comment, they just wanted to share the story.

The NeoGAF thread I spied this on was ripe with crying .gifs and personal stories from other gamers. Itís a nice reminder, especially given the toxicity of some aspects of game culture, of the humanity behind games and their place as a hobby we can share with one another.

Touching. Kind of cool that games still do this today.

---
Always O.G.
#39RuinerEraserPosted 7/23/2014 3:01:12 PM(edited)
Sega9599 posted...

no the clown was right. it is a story designed to prey on peoples emotions.

I guess I missed the part where they were trying to sell me something after because I was so awestruck and overcome with emotion. Maybe the story was so good I didn't even remember buying whatever they were selling, I should check my credit card statement.

Let's say for arguments sake that it is a made up story, it's still a great story. It is not hurting anyone and nobody has been preyed upon like you so crypticly put it. Unless of course the guy writing the story is an emotion vampire and just writes heartwarming stories to feed off readers emotions.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)