The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

That's a relief, XBROS! The XBOX ONE isn't selling as badly as we think!

#1SolnotPosted 7/22/2014 7:20:42 PM
http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/07/the-xbox-one-isnt-selling-as-badly-as-you-think/

After June’s NPD figures leaked last week, many gamers are under the impression that the Xbox One is underselling. While this is true next to the PlayStation 4, which blitzed the leaderboard for the sixth month in a row, some seem to think that the Xbox One is selling poorly in comparison to the Xbox 360. Despite fluctuation in sales, this is absolutely untrue.

The Xbox One started its first few months with a bang, and only trailed slightly behind the PlayStation 4. As the months progressed and the gap slowly widened, the Xbox One sold roughly 3 million worldwide before the end of 2013. I can’t find any solid numbers for the Xbox 360′s first few months, so all we have to compare it to are the relative NPD numbers below.

In its first month, November, the Xbox One sold just short of 1 million units in the US, following with very similar numbers in December. Launching on the same date, the Xbox 360 sold 326,000 in November, and 281,000 in December. That being said, the 360′s numbers continue along for the next six months remaining in the same ballpark zone, while the Xbox One fluctuates randomly from 77,000 in May to 311,000 in March.

Interestingly enough, the Xbox One’s numbers are easily comparable to major Microsoft milestones: Titanfall‘s release in March – as shown by the steady increase beginning in February that drops off in April – and the Kinect-related price drop in June, shown in the jump from May’s sales.

To date, the Xbox One has sold roughly 2,916,000 units in the US alone, while the Xbox 360 sold 2,003,000 in the same time frame. Those are great launch numbers for both consoles, but to suggest the Xbox One is lagging behind where the Xbox 360 was is preposterous. As October – the month of games – approaches, expect to see another huge jump in sales for both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

With such a strong start, especially from Sony, it’ll be interesting to see where the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 go from here. It’s going to be an exciting generation.

Xbox One NPD since launch:

November 2013 – 909,000
December 2013 – 908,000
January 2014 – 141,000
February 2014 – 258,000
March 2014 – 311,000
April 2014 – 115,000
May 2014 – 77,000
June 2014 – 197,000

Total Xbox One sales - 2,916,000
#2BlackFeathersPosted 7/22/2014 7:22:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3ONutritionPosted 7/22/2014 7:23:34 PM
Both consoles are going to do tremendous later this year because of all the games coming out. I am getting more and more excited!
---
PSN: Tarheel09 GT: ZSOnutrition
Feel free to add me!
#4MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/22/2014 7:25:09 PM
BlackFeathers posted...

I'm glad to see the Forum Masters are working hard to ensure our beloved Xbox One is not bashed.

On topic: TC, the Xbox One is this gen's ONLY next gen system. Wii U and PS4 have no substance. I, for one, am happy to be an Xbox One owner. I will be even happier when SUNSET OVERDRIVE, OH YEEEEEAH BAAAAAY BEEEE, comes out! Forget the fact that it's a bonafide system seller but it will dethrone COD.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#5RuinerEraserPosted 7/22/2014 7:26:03 PM
and then we all rejoiced, as we cheered about numbers that have very little to do with how we game or our lives personally.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#6BlackFeathersPosted 7/22/2014 7:27:06 PM
#7That_Damn_KidPosted 7/22/2014 7:28:19 PM
BlackFeathers posted...

again. lol. might as well get out.
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89/// X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS
#8RuinerEraserPosted 7/22/2014 7:28:35 PM
BlackFeathers is getting owned so hard today.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#9Tajaz2426Posted 7/22/2014 7:52:55 PM
I think the worst part is that it took 6 months after launch to hit a million consoles. The strong start has saved a huge backlash for the X1.

Taking a half year to knock a mill isn't necessarily a good thing. However, sales don't matter as long as folks are enjoying their console.

I just didn't realize after the the holidays how bad it has sold. It will be pretty interesting to see how these holidays do, I would think they would be around the same, especially with the new console.

Did anyone else think that it had sold more than a million over 6 months? Again no saying it's bad, I just thought it would have done more.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#10BlackFeathersPosted 7/22/2014 8:15:37 PM