That's a relief, XBROS! The XBOX ONE isn't selling as badly as we think!

#51game freakozoidPosted 7/23/2014 3:30:31 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
game freakozoid posted...
You realize PS3 sold more consoles than 360 right?

According to no credible source anywhere ever.

You're kidding me right? Just because you don't like that fact doesn't mean it all of a sudden isn't credible.
#52Shinobi120Posted 7/23/2014 3:46:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#53Shinobi120Posted 7/23/2014 3:51:46 PM(edited)
Tajaz2426 posted...
I think the worst part is that it took 6 months after launch to hit a million consoles. The strong start has saved a huge backlash for the X1.

Taking a half year to knock a mill isn't necessarily a good thing. However, sales don't matter as long as folks are enjoying their console.

I just didn't realize after the the holidays how bad it has sold. It will be pretty interesting to see how these holidays do, I would think they would be around the same, especially with the new console.

Did anyone else think that it had sold more than a million over 6 months? Again no saying it's bad, I just thought it would have done more.

Exactly. Heck, PS4 sold more than 1.6 million in the same timeframe from January to June.

Mindwipe77 posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
I'm glad to see the Forum Masters are working hard to ensure our beloved Xbox One is not bashed.

On topic: TC, the Xbox One is this gen's ONLY next gen system. Wii U and PS4 have no substance. I, for one, am happy to be an Xbox One owner. I will be even happier when SUNSET OVERDRIVE, OH YEEEEEAH BAAAAAY BEEEE, comes out! Forget the fact that it's a bonafide system seller but it will dethrone COD.

wii u and ps4 no substance x1 the only next gen system? What ignorance..wow

Look at his username. Is that someone who you want to take seriously?

KhelThuzad posted...
Microsoft lover is a well known reverse fanboy. He acts like an MS fanboy just to make the whole community look like cr**.

Oh, well, never mind then. I take back what I said.
#54scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 3:51:33 PM
You're kidding me right? Just because you don't like that fact doesn't mean it all of a sudden isn't credible.

I have nothing invested in the sales of either console, both sold well enough to receive all the support they could ever need, and that's all that matters to me. There is no credible source for your "fact", and your insistence that it is credible means nothing to me.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#55rafa0506Posted 7/23/2014 5:16:16 PM
BlackFeathers posted...

360 only sold that much because of the RROD scandal. Me personally. I bought 3 Xbox 360s :/ that's 3 sales. I know people that went through 3-5 Xboxs so take that info as you please...

I had 4 xbox 360s die the red light of death. Every time Microsoft replaced my xbox free of charge shipping included. Microsoft even extended the warranties of the 360. When my ps3 3 got the yellow light I had to pay like 120 bucks and shipping for sony to replace it.
---
Because Batman is a talentless hack with no powers that needs to hide like a girl to avoid getting shot to s***.dastoOge
#56ExempliGratiaPosted 7/23/2014 5:24:16 PM

Lmao. You just told him something supposedly factual without proof of it. Why should he just believe you?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#57game freakozoidPosted 7/24/2014 11:24:46 AM

I have nothing invested in the sales of either console, both sold well enough to receive all the support they could ever need, and that's all that matters to me. There is no credible source for your "fact", and your insistence that it is credible means nothing to me.

Sony's official announcement:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/playstation3-sales-reach-80-million-units-worldwide-230771611.html

Official Microsoft sales numbers that you can add up:
http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/Kpi/fy14/q1/Detail.aspx

You know the sad thing, this wasn't even hard to find.
#58game freakozoidPosted 7/24/2014 11:25:24 AM
ExempliGratia posted...

Lmao. You just told him something supposedly factual without proof of it. Why should he just believe you?

Because this is something that is well known. It'd be like demanding proof that grass is normally green.
#59quincy2000aPosted 7/24/2014 2:05:42 PM
"That's a relief, XBROS! The XBOX ONE isn't selling as badly as we think!"

Different writers, different takes...

"Last quarter, Microsoft reported 2 million total console sales. This included 1.2 million Xbox Ones and 800,000 Xbox 360s. This quarter Microsoft announced a grand total of 1.1 million console sales and if we take those numbers and assume the 360 is still selling similarly then we arrive at only 300,000 Xbox Ones sold for the quarter ending in May. Just as a comparison, that puts the Xbox One on par with Nintendo's notoriously poor seller, the Wii U, for their May quarter."

"How is it possible for Microsoft to sell nearly 197,000 Xbox Ones in the U.S. in June if it has shipped 300,000 worldwide for the entire quarter? It's because Microsoft has been sitting on too many consoles and it's now selling out of its backlogged stockpile."
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#60SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/24/2014 2:13:25 PM
Funny how you worded the topic title TC, bc I don't think the X1 is selling poorly. Also the "we" you're trying to refer to don't think that either.
---
gt: For Spartaa