So why did YOU buy an Xbox One?

#1Cows Go HisssssPosted 7/22/2014 9:50:36 PM
I'm curious to see everyone's reasons of why they chose to buy an Xbox One, or will buy one in the near future.

For me:

1. Titanfall
2. Halo Master Chief Collection
3. I first got an original Xbox in 2002, got Xbox Live in 2004, then got a Xbox 360 in 2007. Xbox has been with me over half of my entire life. It's like an old lifelong friend to me. I wouldn't know how my life would be without an Xbox in it.
4. I never owned a PS2 or PS3. I did, however, get a PSone (the mini version of the original PlayStation) in 2000. The PSone was my first gaming system ever. But I just never really connected to PlayStation.
5. My Xbox Live expires in 2016.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#2mayu780Posted 7/22/2014 9:51:14 PM
because im stupid
---
http://i.imgur.com/YjqIMlX.jpg
#3blk911Posted 7/22/2014 9:53:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4phineasfoolPosted 7/22/2014 9:54:14 PM
It has games I want to play.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#5TOhasNoRingPosted 7/22/2014 9:54:26 PM
I wanted to.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#6clownbrowniesPosted 7/22/2014 9:59:07 PM
Im impatient and ps4 was sold out. But thats not to say i dont love my one. Its awesome.
#7AgentLockePosted 7/22/2014 10:03:41 PM
Bought one at launch...

Forza 5
Built in Capture card/Editing software
64 man BF4
The hope of a MCC (YES!!!)
Next Gen Fifa
Plus it was just a long wait for a new console tbh.

LMFAO just go the best modderation notice while trying to post this, no idea why but just lol...

POST WARNING
There were one or more potential problems with your message:

The message you entered contains one or more words that are usually associated with violations of the Message Board terms of service.
Masturbating, while probably universal, is obviously considered sexual in nature not good discussion material for a video game web site.

You may go ahead and make this post, but it will be automatically flagged for review by a moderator.

Wtf??? Where now??
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)
#8shotymePosted 7/22/2014 10:06:45 PM
Better games and online/community.
---
Hot 7: Dragon Age Inquisition,Smash Bros,Madden 15,Destiny,Persona 5,Far Cry 4,Diablo 3 UEE/Playing: Rayma Legends,Forza 5,USF4,KI
Go Oregon/Illini/Titans
#9Bryant187Posted 7/22/2014 10:14:57 PM
Games
---
Gamertag - ChaoticBryant
If you don't like the things I say or do, please don't blame me. Blame your parents for raising a pansy.
#10ssj5goku2005Posted 7/22/2014 10:18:12 PM(edited)
Well...back in 6th gen I owned all the systems...but in 7th gen I had to get only one due to being broke (well, and the Wii but I don't count that (at least not money-wise) because it was a Christmas gift)...the $700 price point for the PS3 and the fact that Halo is one of my favorite games made me switch over to Xbox fully...and now I've invested too much into Xbox to switch over to PS4 (still broke so I still have to choose between them lol though I was able to get a Wii U last winter)

If money wasn't an issue, though, I'm still not sure I'd own a PS4...I mean I managed to scrape some money together to get a Wii U because of Nintendo's exclusives (Mario is a big example...I've stated my top 3 video game series numerous times on these boards and Mario is always #1) but Sony's exclusives don't justify a purchase for me...the only one I really want to play (this is strictly IMO I know plenty of people love Sony's exclusives and think MS has no good exclusives) is Gran Turismo and even then, I have Forza which, while I personally prefer Gran Turismo, Forza is a great substitute
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009