So why did YOU buy an Xbox One?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So why did YOU buy an Xbox One?
1 year ago#41
Buddy is the store manager at a Gamestop and because our area is high in theft, they can not trade in unopened items. Guy tries to trade in the Titanfall bundle unopened, and I had a trade-in credit for about $260. Guy said he was down, so I traded it to him and I got a really great deal. I don't play it much because the interface and download times annoy the piss out of me. I LOVE Titanfall and Dead Rising but for the most part, I would rather play on my PC or PS4. I also use the XBone controller more so as a PC controller. In the end, hopefully some great exclusives will come out and that will justify my purchase even more. I know some people might disagree but the PS4 just runs better overall.
1 year ago#42
I've just always been more of an Xbox brand guy. That's all. I think the PS4 is a good system too but I have no reason to buy both really.
1 year ago#43
To stay current and play with friends.
1 year ago#44
I don't know when I'll purchase one (Wii U and PS4 are higher on the list) but when I do it'll be for Dead Rising 3, Scalebound, Sunset Overdrive and maybe Project Spark.
Everything else is either not my thing or just looks boring.
1 year ago#45
Halo.

Forza.

Whatever else thats exclusive that they announce in the future.
1 year ago#46
Jedi454 posted...
1. Best Controller
2. Best Exclusives/ Games
3. Better Online service
4. Better Community
5. Greatness without waiting

Please refrain from passing your personal opinion/experience as fact lest another fanboy war starts we already have enough of those.

Anyway bought it for complete gaming experience, I actually enjoy playing games so in order to play all the games that interest me I'll need a Xbox One and a PS4.
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
1 year ago#47
One thing and one thing only for me, my irl friends also got one.
---
Gamertag: B1ADE5
1 year ago#48
Because PS4 fanboys trolling this board make me sick
---
Hello
1 year ago#49
I'm deployed to South Korea and the Xbone was always stocked and came bundled with Titanfall, which I wanted to play anyways. The PS4 is never in stock and there's not really any games that I want right now. I'll pick up a PS4 when games that I want come out.

Majority of my friends are on Xbox anyways and I like the controller better for fps. I like the Xbone but it has it's quirks, the most annoying being that I have like 5 games on it and the HDD is halfway full already. PS3 250g I have tons of games on it digitally and it still has 100g left on it.

All in all, I have no regrets about the purchase. Still haven't taken the kinect out of the box yet. Screw that garbage.
---
PSN: DrMegaNutz
GT: DrMegaNutz
1 year ago#50
I have a Xbox, 360, Xbox One, Gamecube, PS2, & PS3. I got the Xbox One because of Dead Rising 3,Masterchief Collection, Risen, Mass Effect, and there are series that it's had in the past that I'm hoping to see continued. Such as Gun, Divinity, Fable, Lost Odyssey, Fable, Overlord. I'm probably going to stick with just an Xbox One this gen because Final Fantasy has been ported to the Xbox and I've already got such a backlog of games to finish.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So why did YOU buy an Xbox One?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived