So why did YOU buy an Xbox One?

#71lindaluvPosted 7/24/2014 9:18:02 AM
TeraPatrick2008 posted...
I didn't. I never will.
I'm boycotting it after what M$ did in april/may 2013.

This name rings a bell. But I agree. Ever since I saw the xbox.. I realized how crappy M$ was in making gaming consoles. Without Halo on xbox.. it would have been forgotten and erased early. But when you have money like M$....
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Strider) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
MulaMadara : Deneb (25 - Sorc)
#72saleamaPosted 7/24/2014 11:05:39 AM
popoetr posted...
Jedi454 posted...
1. Best Controller
2. Best Exclusives/ Games
3. Better Online service
4. Better Community
5. Greatness without waiting

Please refrain from passing your personal opinion/experience as fact lest another fanboy war starts we already have enough of those.

Anyway bought it for complete gaming experience, I actually enjoy playing games so in order to play all the games that interest me I'll need a Xbox One and a PS4.

Placing statements with bullet points or numbers is not necessarily stating them as a fact. Also, personal experience IS a fact and can only be presented that way.
#73MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/24/2014 11:25:35 AM(edited)
Controller: And it's not just for FPS either. I love feeling of having something big in my hand like that.

Superior Exclusives: Killer Instinct, DR3, Ryse, and Titanfall have gone down in history as games that we'll(TRUE GAMERS) be telling our grandchildren about. They were filled with fast paced action, infinite replayability, and mind blowing graphics. And even all this is nothing compared to what's to come with Sunset Overdrive... yeah, baby.

XLive: It's just better than PSN. It doesn't get hacked and doesn't ever go down. It's 100% reliable. I'm glad I don't have to worry about my information not being private, you know?

Safe Haven For TRUE GAMERS: Much like GameFAQS is starting to become with Forum Masters deleting troll posts, the Xbox One community is a place for TRUE GAMERS to chat with each other and not be afraid to express themselves. Within the Xbox One community we can be ourselves and not have to keep our lifestyle a secret. At least I feel safe in my home and with my headset on talking to other true gamers. Unlike when I go to a midnight release and the GameStop employee asks, "What platform did you preorder this for?" And I have to whisper, "Xbox One."
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#74ave1Posted 7/24/2014 8:47:21 PM
I have four reasons for basically leaving PS3 for X1:

1). Sony took away stuff that PS3 had going for it which reminds me of when they took rumble outta the controller. Stuff like free online gaming, the ability to use old system controllers and steering wheels via adapters, analog buttons on the face of the controller, and BC. They also didn't include mp3 capability and I was not at all happy with them when it comes to that... and I'm still not liking them for zapping the PSP the way they did and not designing the Vita to work with those games.

2) Forza 5 and NFS Rivals out-competed Sony's lackluster showing in the racing games department.

3) Last generation I liked having a 360 first and then later getting a Sony console. I'll end up doing it also like this in this generation.

4) I'm in for some Halo fun and will play it with my 360 controller connected via an adapter :)
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#75DonVito1990Posted 7/24/2014 8:55:50 PM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
AgentLocke posted...
Bought one at launch...

Forza 5
Built in Capture card/Editing software
64 man BF4
The hope of a MCC (YES!!!)
Next Gen Fifa
Plus it was just a long wait for a new console tbh.

LMFAO just go the best modderation notice while trying to post this, no idea why but just lol...

POST WARNING
There were one or more potential problems with your message:

The message you entered contains one or more words that are usually associated with violations of the Message Board terms of service.
Masturbating, while probably universal, is obviously considered sexual in nature not good discussion material for a video game web site.

You may go ahead and make this post, but it will be automatically flagged for review by a moderator.

Wtf??? Where now??

Fifa + Plus

The way the site is set up, it reads it as a censor bypass, even though they are spaced and in different lines

I don't understand. How is Fifa Plus potentially moddable?
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#76smokinace829Posted 7/24/2014 9:06:57 PM
saleama posted...
popoetr posted...
Jedi454 posted...
1. Best Controller
2. Best Exclusives/ Games
3. Better Online service
4. Better Community
5. Greatness without waiting

Please refrain from passing your personal opinion/experience as fact lest another fanboy war starts we already have enough of those.

Anyway bought it for complete gaming experience, I actually enjoy playing games so in order to play all the games that interest me I'll need a Xbox One and a PS4.

Placing statements with bullet points or numbers is not necessarily stating them as a fact. Also, personal experience IS a fact and can only be presented that way.

I agree with your first statement. The second statement has some amount of fault. Personal experience is a fact to an extent. To say one has better community or better online solely based off "experience" does not present fact. That is generalizing an aspect based on one's specific experience.
In regards to the topic, I don't have either. But if I were to choose Xbox One, it would be various exclusives aforementioned (Gears of War especially). I am not knowledgeable on Specs and techno lingo so I can't really say there.
---
"If you are going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill
3DS FC: 1650-2154-4163. *Insert Clever Joke Here*
#77phineasfoolPosted 7/24/2014 9:17:13 PM
DonVito1990 posted...
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
AgentLocke posted...
Bought one at launch...

Forza 5
64 man BF4
Next Gen Fifa

LMFAO just go the best modderation notice while trying to post this, no idea why but just lol...

POST WARNING

The message you entered contains one or more words that are usually associated with violations of the Message Board terms of service.
Masturbating, while probably universal, is obviously considered sexual in nature not good discussion material for a video game web site.

You may go ahead and make this post, but it will be automatically flagged for review by a moderator.

Wtf??? Where now??

Fifa + Plus

The way the site is set up, it reads it as a censor bypass, even though they are spaced and in different lines

Last 2 letters of fifa with the first letter of plus.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#78Xuande12Posted 7/24/2014 10:29:11 PM
phineasfool posted...
DonVito1990 posted...
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
AgentLocke posted...
Bought one at launch...

Forza 5
64 man BF4
Next Gen Fifa

POST WARNING

Wtf??? Where now??

Fifa + Plus

Last 2 letters of fifa with the first letter of plus.

x3
---
PSN: PorchGnome4Life
NNID: PorchGnome4Life
#79TenzhiPosted 7/25/2014 3:31:26 AM
popoetr posted...

If it's that clear to you that it was their personal opinion/experience, then adding the disclaimer "in my opinion/experience" would be awfully redundant.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#80sammogardPosted 7/25/2014 3:41:55 AM
friends are on xbox

fifa legends are on xbox

forza motorsport is on xbox

playstation has never had one exclusive game that i've watched a trailer or gameplay that iv'e wanted played the last of us hated it. played uncharted some what liked it but assassins creed imo is better and its multi plat so i dont need a play station.

bassically it comes down to fifa for me the game i play the most every year would be pointless to not have the legend cards in ultimate team.

i plan on buying a ps4 sometime next year but i wont be paying for ps+ it's bassicaly going to be the console i use to play story mode games as i dont really think i'll like anything about it other then it looks pretier and to me graphics are not important in anyway.