Forbes: Microsoft Earnings Fall Short...Nadella Looks To A Future In The Cloud

#1quincy2000aPosted 7/23/2014 3:33:52 AM
Microsoft Earnings Fall Short Of Expectations As Nadella Looks To A Future In The Cloud

http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2014/07/22/microsoft-earnings-fall-short-of-expectations-as-nadella-looks-to-a-future-in-the-cloud/
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#2wrettcaughnPosted 7/23/2014 4:12:24 AM
Is your sig really comparing a $500 video game console to the loss of pensions and life savings?
---
GT: wrettcaughn
#3quincy2000a(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 9:35:57 AM(edited)
wrettcaughn posted...
Is your sig really comparing a $500 video game console to the loss of pensions and life savings?

Why, yes, yes it is.

Both are stories of lies and duplicity but the scale is different.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#4LordMordethPosted 7/23/2014 10:16:34 AM
Wasn't the cloud debunked at some point in the past for being nothing but a gimmick?

At least that's what i seem to recall reading.. someone here (or was it elsewhere?) posted an article about it but it was a while back so the details are little hazy.

Or is it actually something that can work as advertised?
---
Rage, whine, wah wah.. people really are freaking idiots.
#5scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 10:29:46 AM
LordMordeth posted...
Wasn't the cloud debunked at some point in the past for being nothing but a gimmick?

At least that's what i seem to recall reading.. someone here (or was it elsewhere?) posted an article about it but it was a while back so the details are little hazy.

Research cloud computing and stop being a schmuck. Google is free.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#6extankerPosted 7/23/2014 10:43:00 AM
quincy2000a posted...
wrettcaughn posted...

Why, yes, yes it is.

Well at least I don't have to worry about reading anything dumber than this today.
#7DonVito1990Posted 7/23/2014 10:45:35 AM
extanker posted...
quincy2000a posted...
wrettcaughn posted...

Why, yes, yes it is.

Well at least I don't have to worry about reading anything dumber than this today.

---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 10:46:29 AM
extanker posted...
quincy2000a posted...
wrettcaughn posted...

Why, yes, yes it is.

Fart dink paper clip Dubya was right shibby shooby Hank Hill. huehuehue BOOOOOGERS.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#9devnull520Posted 7/23/2014 11:47:06 AM
LordMordeth posted...

The cloud is not a gimmick, that does not mean that MS, or the Xbox will be able to do what they promised (I have my doubts they can, but that's a different story) However, cloud computing, big data, and analytics have huge potentials and are one of the latest trends in Software services.

Also, MS Azure servers are more than Xbox, This is Microsoft cloud offering to their clients. They have thousands of clients using these servers, and they have data centers all over the world.
#10TOhasNoRingPosted 7/23/2014 11:50:15 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
extanker posted...
quincy2000a posted...
wrettcaughn posted...

Why, yes, yes it is.

Fart dink paper clip Dubya was right shibby shooby Hank Hill. huehuehue BOOOOOGERS.

This still isn't dumber.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600