Which was the biggest exclusivity loss: FF or Bungie?

#21IzraeilPosted 7/23/2014 5:43:51 AM
3/4 of the people still bought FFXIII games on PS3, while only 1/5 will be buying Destiny on XB1.
I think it's pretty clear which side got hurt more.

It's the same with MGS5, Ground zeroes sold 5 times more on PS4 than XB1, the people who'd buy a console for FF and MGS bought Playstations regardless of the games being multiplats, not the case with Destiny.
#22XanthielX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:00:41 AM
regs8376 posted...
Nowhere in the first post does it say console exclusive. All it says is exclusive. There have been a ton of final fantasy games across many platforms so calling it exclusive is flat out wrong when many of them were on the SNES, ps1/2, 360, pc, etc. Bungie did start off on Windows and Mac as well but the amount of titles on those platforms is miniscule and isnt as spread out as Final Fantasy was.

Well I was talking main series entries (not including MMOs) from when they became exclusive to ps, for the while that they did. That is when the series boomed in popularity, and the main series console sales probably accounted for well over 90% of franchise sales during that period... Unless you happen to think that crystal chronicles and Chocobo's dungeon wii sold particularly well?

I think most people have figured out that I actually meant the FF games people actually care about though
---
PSN/Steam: Xanthiel
Gamertag: XanthielX
#23regs8376Posted 7/23/2014 6:04:56 AM
lol still doesnt change the fact that it wasnt exclusive. You cant pick and choose what exclusive means and what you want it to mean to fit your topic. Exclusive means only on that one platform. I also wasnt considering crystal chronicles etc, but if a major entry shows up on pc or 360 its not an exclusive franchise. Not including mmos is silly since ffxi was extremely well received and popular and ffxiv is looking to be the same. Just because they are mmos doesnt negate the fact that they are entries in the final fantasy franchise.
#24scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 6:06:50 AM
Izraeil posted...
3/4 of the people still bought FFXIII games on PS3, while only 1/5 will be buying Destiny on XB1.
I think it's pretty clear which side got hurt more.

It's the same with MGS5, Ground zeroes sold 5 times more on PS4 than XB1, the people who'd buy a console for FF and MGS bought Playstations regardless of the games being multiplats, not the case with Destiny.

unsuspended? aww yiss, da sun is shining today!!
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#25Joey-ZazaPosted 7/23/2014 6:11:01 AM
I couldn't care less about Final Fantasy. I stopped playing them after IV anyway.

In fact x-box owners typically don't give a crap about JRPGs so I have no idea why people even voted the first option. It's complete bulls***. Everyone knows if you want to play a decent JRPG you play in on PS.

The fact that MS lost Bungie hurts more, because there's still an audience for FPS on playstation.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#26ExempliGratiaPosted 7/23/2014 6:24:13 AM
I'm guessing Bungie if I had to choose. All bungie made for Xbox is Halo though which Microsoft still has. So it's a little difficult to say it's a huge loss. Losing a company like bungie though is a loss.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#27mygoodluckcharmPosted 7/23/2014 6:36:56 AM
Losing Bungie for MS is like losing Naughty Dog for Sony.
Since SE has been crap for these past years, I guess it's not such a loss for Sony. Oh yeah and FFXIV is still Sony exclusive for console though.
#28blitz_0623Posted 7/23/2014 6:43:53 AM
If FF was still as good as it was during PS1/PS2 then I'd say FF. Do any of you remember that E3 where they stole FFXIII? That was BIG. Then the game just bombed and everyone didn't care in the end.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#29GeistPosted 7/23/2014 6:56:57 AM
This board is hilarious. FF was Sony and Sony ain't getting Halo, yet MS is getting Destiny and FF. Voting Bungie is just plain stupid and uninformed.
---
If you are replying to my opinion, realize first that I do not care.
#30leatheljPosted 7/23/2014 7:41:25 AM
A better comparison would be which is worse
Bungie leaveing from Xbox
Insomniac leaveing play station

I'm gona go with play station they got it worse not only did insomniac leave to the rival competition but they made there next game exclusive to the rival competition. Microsoft owns halo so they still got bungie iconic game maybe if halo was going to play station I would say there both the same amount of loss.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.