Which was the biggest exclusivity loss: FF or Bungie?

#41universaldavePosted 7/23/2014 11:37:11 AM
Is this even a serious question? If MS kept Bungie they'd have both Halo and Destiny as powerhouse exclusives. Final Fantasy, these days, doesn't sell nearly as well as Halo, and Destiny seems that it will be just as successful as Halo. As an exclusive it would have sold Xbox Ones.
---
Fanboys (of all stripes) are sad, pathetic, souls. You know who you are.
#42a687947Posted 7/23/2014 11:37:37 AM
XanthielX posted...

Obviously though we aren't talking Halo any more, but almost might as well be. Look at the multiplayer numbers for Halo 4 vs Reach a couple of months after the Halo 4 launch: the newer game, which had sold more copies had less people playing the multiplayer than the old game, which wasn't widely considered Bungie's best (I personally liked it best, but whatever). And why is this? Because Bungie didn't make Halo 4. They've shown that they are amoung the best when it comes to creating a rounded shooter experience (love or hate the multiplayer I think everyone can agree that Halo story mode is infinitely better than most other shooters).

The reason halo 4 wasn't an absolute masterpiece was because it was 343i's first game. Bungie's first few games were awful, the only good games they've had were marathon, halo, and now destiny. You can't judge a studio's first game next to a different studio's 14th game
#43ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/23/2014 12:05:22 PM
Final Fantasy was never an original Sony franchise and Sony never truly owned Square the way Microsoft did with Bungie.

1. Before Square was Square Enix they were Squaresoft and they were owned by Nintendo. Square broke away from them and the exclusivity deal during the 5th generation with the original PlayStation seeing as it supported CD's and not cartridges. If anything the topic should be more about Nintendo.

2. Final Fantasy 7 and 8 were never PlayStation "exclusives" they had PC releases and just got another re-release last year on Steam. 9 and 10 would be if you don't count emulators same as 12.

Seeing as how Square has kinda fallen from grace I would say Bungie imo.
---
Valar morghulis
#44RuneweaverPosted 7/23/2014 12:10:25 PM
Most people had lost interest in FF when it went fully multiplat, hasnt been a big deal since ff8.