Wow, shocked right now honestly

#21theREALsheridan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:53:03 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
theREALsheridan posted...
Care to elaborate on your "troll" comments or are you just going to continue throwing around baseless insults and being condescending in general?

Elaborate on what? The fact that you're typecasting PS4 players as being less skilled? Why don't you elaborate on the data that supports your "oh so intriguing" hypothesis?

Why do I need data to relay my own personal experience? You act like I'm presenting this information as fact.
#22ejay8320Posted 7/23/2014 6:56:45 AM(edited)
Um... http://gamasutra.com/view/news/219202/Sony_Nearly_half_of_all_PS4_owners_did_not_own_a_PS3.php

Half of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3 so half of the PS4 users are either Xbox360 or Nintendo only owners. So your logic is completely flawed.

Based on this fact wouldn't most of the Bungie beta testers be Xbox360 owners who moved to PS4 since they have a high chance of being Bungie fans?
#23Juzten76Posted 7/23/2014 6:55:17 AM
Juzten76 posted...
This is the third time I've heard this, but I'm still not sure I believe it. It doesn't make sense unless the controller is the issue. Like a PC gamer would have a harder time with a console FPS because of the challenge of using a controller compared to the ease of pointing and clicking with a mouse. Maybe the PS4 controller isn't as good for first person shooter control. I highly doubt there's a difference in skill.

That may be it, I use a 360 adapter for my PS4 because I find the controller subpar.

You can use a 360 controller on PS4? I may get a PS4 sooner than expected now. That changes things. I'm just not a fan of Sony controllers.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#24theREALsheridan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:55:56 AM
Juzten76 posted...
This is the third time I've heard this, but I'm still not sure I believe it. It doesn't make sense unless the controller is the issue. Like a PC gamer would have a harder time with a console FPS because of the challenge of using a controller compared to the ease of pointing and clicking with a mouse. Maybe the PS4 controller isn't as good for first person shooter control. I highly doubt there's a difference in skill.

Also, remember this.. a HUGE portion of the PSN crowd has either never played a bungie game or have limited experience with it.. just about every XBL user has put time into a bungie game.
#25Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/23/2014 6:59:23 AM
Also, remember this.. a HUGE portion of the PSN crowd has either never played a bungie game or have limited experience with it.. just about every XBL user has put time into a bungie game.

You say you're not presenting this as fact but you're debating it as if it's true. In that case, yes. You need to back up the claim you made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(logical_fallacy)#Holder_of_the_burden

First sentence. I couldn't have made it easier for you to learn something today.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#26theREALsheridan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:59:33 AM
ejay8320 posted...
Um... http://gamasutra.com/view/news/219202/Sony_Nearly_half_of_all_PS4_owners_did_not_own_a_PS3.php

Half of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3 so half of the PS4 users are either Xbox360 or Nintendo only owners. So your logic is completely flawed.

Based on this fact wouldn't most of the Bungie beta testers be Xbox360 owners who moved to PS4 since they have a high chance of being Bungie fans?

The casual call of duty dudebro crowed are the ones who made the switch to ps4 (cheaper)
#27theREALsheridan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 7:01:05 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

You say you're not presenting this as fact but you're debating it as if it's true. In that case, yes. You need to back up the claim you made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(logical_fallacy)#Holder_of_the_burden

First sentence. I couldn't have made it easier for you to learn something today.

lmfao calm down kid you're on a video game forum this isn't a presidential debate LOL
#28ejay8320Posted 7/23/2014 7:02:12 AM
ejay8320 posted...

The casual call of duty dudebro crowed are the ones who made the switch to ps4 (cheaper)

Proof - I showed mine where's yours

Your making a lot ASSumptions based on your biases.

On that note what makes you think the COD crowed didn't play Halo? Both shared the Fast pace/fun gameplay that makes both franchises popular.
#29shauntenninePosted 7/23/2014 7:02:55 AM
Man are yall really that low on things to brag about? It's gotten to "xbox players are better than ps players?"
#30TrueBlue91Posted 7/23/2014 7:03:24 AM
shauntennine posted...
Man are yall really that low on things to brag about? It's gotten to "xbox players are better than ps players?"

Lmao, this. Talk about desperate!
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess