Need a new TV for gaming! Please help!

#1Milwaukee_RushPosted 7/23/2014 8:49:11 AM
I plan on getting an Xbox One soon, but I want to get rid of my old TV (Sony 32 inch LED Bravia). I'm looking to get a TV that's 37 inches to 42 inches and I DO NOT WANT a Sony or Samsung. What do you guys use that are good for gaming? I was thinking a Panasonic (I had one before the Sony and loved it) or a Vizio, but I don't know what else I should consider.

In particular, I know I need one with a better response rate, so that's where I need your help! Thanks in advance!
---
HC HQ all day! Forget the explosives, use a real gun.
#2Joey-ZazaPosted 7/23/2014 8:51:25 AM
Personally I think a Panasonic is a complete waste of money it is way overpriced and it's only slightly better. Go with Vizio. Best bang for your buck.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#3redditon4chanPosted 7/23/2014 8:54:50 AM
Find a used Panasonic plasma.
#4ThatLaoGuyPosted 7/23/2014 9:06:59 AM
Vizio is crap specially budget vizios. Get a samsung . no idea why you'd refuse a samsung
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#5Milwaukee_Rush(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 9:11:40 AM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
Vizio is crap specially budget vizios. Get a samsung . no idea why you'd refuse a samsung

My dad has a samsung that I've tried gaming on. The response time is terrible. Maybe it's just particular model, what do you use?
---
Why explore the universe when we don't know ourselves? There's an emptiness inside our heads that no one dares to dwell.
#6werkz_destroyzPosted 7/23/2014 9:13:14 AM
Vizio has great customer service...I might add. My friends also run vizios for gaming.I run my PS4 on a 32 inch Vizio ...its the model with the silver frame and looks crystal clear.

...but if you play alot of FPS games go Asus or Benq monitor...
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#7regsantotomasPosted 7/23/2014 9:45:35 AM
These comments on brand are far too broad as TV quality will vary from model to model.

My personal advice is to check these TV out in person and make sure that when you are considering them; that the video setting aren't artificially turned up (e.g. high contrast/picture settings).
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#8quincy2000aPosted 7/23/2014 10:01:26 AM
regsantotomas posted...
These comments on brand are far too broad as TV quality will vary from model to model.

My personal advice is to check these TV out in person and make sure that when you are considering them; that the video setting aren't artificially turned up (e.g. high contrast/picture settings).

Personally, I eyeballed my 60" Panasonic at two stores--then bought it from a third because of price and customer satisfaction.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#9Joey-ZazaPosted 7/23/2014 10:26:56 AM
I have a 42" Vizio 1080p "LED" 120hz Smart TV. ~$600. I've had it for 2 years and there have been zero problems. The picture quality is brighter and just feels and looks better than my brothers Samsung with similar specs. The only issue I run into is sometimes I need to unplug and plug it back in because Netflix freezes. But that's happened like 5 times total.

Before that I had a Samsung that lasted me 7 years. It was a 720p LCD. Samsung isn't a bad brand (or they used to be better, maybe they suck now?), the backlight in the middle burnt out though and I had these annoying dark patches in the middle that was gradually getting worse until I replaced it.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#10Shaolin015Posted 7/23/2014 1:34:39 PM
Milwaukee_Rush posted...
I plan on getting an Xbox One soon, but I want to get rid of my old TV (Sony 32 inch LED Bravia). I'm looking to get a TV that's 37 inches to 42 inches and I DO NOT WANT a Sony or Samsung. What do you guys use that are good for gaming? I was thinking a Panasonic (I had one before the Sony and loved it) or a Vizio, but I don't know what else I should consider.

In particular, I know I need one with a better response rate, so that's where I need your help! Thanks in advance!

Sony has the best response rate in the business. I'm not sure why you don't want one. I have the sony 40" w600b (or something like that. Cost me 500 dollars but it's a great tv. Only issue I have is how long it take to start up