Should Destiny be a wake up call to MS and their over-reliance on Halo?

#1PhaseBlackPosted 7/23/2014 8:54:49 AM
Destiny is amazing, the universe feels far more fleshed out and inspired than Halo ever did and the gameplay feels great. It's the evolution of Halo, but it's not an Xbox exclusive. It's also on PlayStation, and being heavily pushed on the PS4 with exclusive content that will only be on it for "at least a year" according to Bungie.

Now we all know that Destiny will be the biggest new IP launch ever and gamers will flock to it, that alone will somewhat replace Halo for a lot of people. Halo 5 won't be ready till a year after Destiny releases, which is looking to be supported like an MMO with a plethora of expansions for years to come.

Halo use to be a unique FPS that not many games felt like when you played them, but Destiny feels a step above Halo in so many areas. Do you think MS should finally start making another series that hopes to be as big, of a new genre? Because it looks like Halo is going to suffer a massive popularity drop with Destiny now and also the Xbox One's unimpressive sales
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 8:58:21 AM
"Destiny? Damn... time to announce another Halo." -actual Phil Spencer quote
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#3leatheljPosted 7/23/2014 9:01:34 AM
It's like all you know is halo. Did you even watch e3 do you even know the current line up on exclusives on xbox? This just as dumb as saying sony relies to much on uncharted and the last of us those games are just popular dosent mean that's all the console has to offer. It's not going to replace halo the xbox one is selling fine if you think destiny is the bigest thing to you so be it you have your opinions.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#4zerooo0Posted 7/23/2014 9:02:05 AM
We all know you are just a troll here.

But a I'm on a good mode to retaliate this completely misguided post.

Destiny is far from unique in gameplay that Halo has the better. Destiny feels just like Call of Duty and the guns are no where near as interesting as Halo. Honestly the game feels like it's just a Call of Duty skin. The lore will not get anywhere near as deep as Halo because this is the first game. They are just getting the setting down for future sequels that Activision will be pumping one a year out soon.

Just face it you are the troll of this board and you have been since the 360. Really pathetic. You act like we can't have both Halo and Destiny when we can. Destiny really only has the world going for it as of right now gameplay and multiplayer just feels like Call of Duty.

Which is really pathetic on Bungie part.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#5Exodus_PrimePosted 7/23/2014 9:03:34 AM
Tc you're just mad because Xbox owners will get to play Halo MCC/Halo5/Destiny on their console.

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#6ThatLaoGuyPosted 7/23/2014 9:03:51 AM
I was a big fan of halo and halo 2. Reason I bought an Xbox in the first place. But sequel after sequel just gets repetitive, specially for an fps. Destiny brings back what we all loved about halo and improves on that. I don't see myself playing another halo, but destiny is amazing and the only game I want to play right now. Great job, bungie.
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#7velvet_hammerPosted 7/23/2014 9:13:55 AM
I agree destiny blows the last 2-3 halo games i have played away
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#8kcypher2000Posted 7/23/2014 9:15:50 AM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
I was a big fan of halo and halo 2. Reason I bought an Xbox in the first place. But sequel after sequel just gets repetitive, specially for an fps. Destiny brings back what we all loved about halo and improves on that. I don't see myself playing another halo, but destiny is amazing and the only game I want to play right now. Great job, bungie.

Yeah this is BS. I love how the typical ponies try to act like they were bungie fans before when they went two gens of mocking bungie, shooters and paying to play online.
#9yanksfan4247Posted 7/23/2014 9:25:09 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
Destiny is amazing, the universe feels far more fleshed out and inspired than Halo ever did

They barely expand on the story bruh fall back.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#10zerooo0Posted 7/23/2014 9:26:16 AM
yanksfan4247 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
Destiny is amazing, the universe feels far more fleshed out and inspired than Halo ever did

They barely expand on the story bruh fall back.

He is just a troll here, so it's of no surprise that he would say something like that.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton