Instead of graphics why not gameplay concerns of Destiny?

#31Reece504Posted 7/23/2014 11:23:18 AM
It feels nothing like cod lmaooo if anything it felt more like halo the melee to knock your shield off followed by a shotgun blast was textbook halo. Not to mention the vehicles that shoot the slow high jumping and the powerful sniper rifles and three shot burst guns. It felt like mass effect going to the tower (citadel) walking around in third person and some of the gathering missions felt like defiance a little.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#32yanksfan4247Posted 7/23/2014 11:32:12 AM
I just don't get these guys saying its CoD. The game mode isn't even like CoD its like they don't even play the damn game.

Domination: Capture the position. Every second or so you hold the position you get points to the team score. Kills dont matter

Destinys game mode: Capture the position, the more positions you hold the more each kill is worth. The points from the kill add to the score. Kills matter.

Not to mention CoD didnt even create the damn gametype to begin with.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#33zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 11:33:30 AM
leathelj posted...
I seriously think ppl will call every fps shooter cod no matter what. The devs just wanted to make good shooting and ppl just call it cod any thing with a gun and fps is cod that's all ppl say is cod cod cod. What exactly do ppl want? And dont say some bs like orginal stuff wth do you mean be specific.

People are going to make comparison to what any game reminds them of this case it is CoD.

I don't mind anything that borrows inspiration another game like Titanfall I love how it takes example from cod and it makes it better and feels fresh. Destiny doesn't do any of that. Destiny tries to with adding Borderlands like abilities, but it changes really nothing. Except just giving you some easy kills.

Titanfall obviously has similarities to CoD like Destiny, but unlike Destiny Titanfall spins it into its own identity. The gameplay of Destiny feels confused like it doesnt know what it wants to be.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#34aray48Posted 7/23/2014 11:38:16 AM
I think the game's biggest design flaw is the long cooldown/recharge on your super ability. It refills if you collect squadmate's orbs if they get kills with theirs, but aside from that it goes really slowly. You can say they want it to feel balanced and not make you too overpowered, but it still isn't any fun. You can do a super cool ability that does tons of damage but you have to wait forever. I would have rather had a more frequent ability that was weaker.
#35dnmtPosted 7/23/2014 11:45:22 AM
aray48 posted...
I think the game's biggest design flaw is the long cooldown/recharge on your super ability. It refills if you collect squadmate's orbs if they get kills with theirs, but aside from that it goes really slowly. You can say they want it to feel balanced and not make you too overpowered, but it still isn't any fun. You can do a super cool ability that does tons of damage but you have to wait forever. I would have rather had a more frequent ability that was weaker.

You can get armor later on that gives you a faster cooldown. You're not supposed to be super powerful at mere level 8.
#36aray48Posted 7/23/2014 12:01:57 PM
Slightly faster cooldown. It's not that great =/

I don't care about being super powerful really, I care about having fun. And shooting guys ad nauseam is boring to me. Just from that one strike alone that was in alpha, I felt bored by it because boss fights take forever and they are just bullet sponges. Disappointed :'(
#37velvet_hammerPosted 7/23/2014 12:27:02 PM
yanksfan4247 posted...
I just don't get these guys saying its CoD. The game mode isn't even like CoD its like they don't even play the damn game.

Domination: Capture the position. Every second or so you hold the position you get points to the team score. Kills dont matter

Destinys game mode: Capture the position, the more positions you hold the more each kill is worth. The points from the kill add to the score. Kills matter.

Not to mention CoD didnt even create the damn gametype to begin with.

Yet people call me a troll, nah reality bits =)
Good post
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#38leatheljPosted 7/23/2014 1:01:33 PM
Well I really do disagree with you said about destiny and I could debate it but what's the point? I will just agree to disagree bungie can not please every one as with any game. If you feel it's a copy paste of cod so be it. I don't agree with you but i respect your opinion which you are entitled to.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#39chex81Posted 7/23/2014 1:03:51 PM
havent played the Beta and from the pre release could tell this game was a snore. meh.
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
#40AgentLockePosted 7/23/2014 1:06:37 PM
http://www.xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274798510235&gamertag=Kb%20Redz&vid=732f614d-7d11-4869-8d4e-2107cd2d6222

Being able to do this alone made my night. I think this game will have a lot to offer when it releases, we'll find out soon. I will say the MP is a lot of fun, I'm starting to get hooked.
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)