Instead of graphics why not gameplay concerns of Destiny?

#41omega1110Posted 7/23/2014 12:25:58 PM
How does a game with double jumps, gliding jumps, health bars, swappable and upgradeable armor copy Call of Duty? What came first Domination or Conquest? Secondly to my understanding in Domination you get points for having the flags captured, for Control the flags act as a point multiplier for kills. So while having all flags is going to guarantee a domination win you could technically control all flags and still lose a control match(Yes I know its not a likely situation but it is possible). Mind you for control I am going based on what I have read, I have not unlocked the crucible yet so correct me if I am wrong about it. My understanding is that control is a cross between deathmatch and domination which would be different from domination.
---
Playing games isn't a hobby, its a way of life.
#42slippertailsPosted 7/23/2014 12:38:10 PM(edited)
You do realize this is a beta and only 1 single game mode is even playable right? There are 5 or 6 other modes we haven't even seen yet. Also people are acting as if the multiplayer is the game. It's only part of the game. Unlike cod where no one even gives a crap about the story mode. The story mode is a huge portion of what differentiates it from cod yet you seem to be ignoring that. Bottom line is Destiny is a looter shooter RPG with space wizards and cod is a military shooter they are worlds apart from each other.
---
gt : slippertails
psn: slippertails
#43SacTown52Posted 7/23/2014 12:57:48 PM
omega1110 posted...
How does a game with double jumps, gliding jumps, health bars, swappable and upgradeable armor copy Call of Duty? What came first Domination or Conquest? Secondly to my understanding in Domination you get points for having the flags captured, for Control the flags act as a point multiplier for kills. So while having all flags is going to guarantee a domination win you could technically control all flags and still lose a control match(Yes I know its not a likely situation but it is possible). Mind you for control I am going based on what I have read, I have not unlocked the crucible yet so correct me if I am wrong about it. My understanding is that control is a cross between deathmatch and domination which would be different from domination.

The armor part was the good part of this game. I still didn't notice any difference when going into multiplayer but it was fun looking for the next best thing. Titanfall has jetpacks and mechs but it still feels like any other shooter out there just like destiny does
#44Cows Go HisssssPosted 7/23/2014 1:10:19 PM
My opinions on the Destiny Beta:

- Competitive multiplayer isn't that great. I feel Halo, CoD, and Titanfall are much better in that regard. :/ Skill doesn't matter at all, it's more about how high your level is and how strong your weapons and armor are.
- 'Single player' and 'coop' modes feel exactly like Borderlands, except with more players. Story missions remind me of Halo coop. It's alright.
- Gunplay is like Halo 4 mixed with more CoD. Enemies are like Halo enemies. It's alright but Titanfall beats it in the 'innovation' department. If you're good at Halo, you're good at Destiny. The same tactics seem to work.
- Third person view at the tower feels like Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, or The Old Republic MMORPG. Feels similar for the inventory as well.

In conclusion, Destiny is a game that take elements from many different games and combines it into one. The result is that there is no single element that is 'spectacular' rather it is a bunch of different elements combined in a big 'average to above-average' package. The game does not blow my mind but it's pretty fun. I will buy it when it drops down to $15.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#45slippertailsPosted 7/23/2014 1:48:16 PM
Cows Go Hisssss posted...

- Competitive multiplayer isn't that great. I feel Halo, CoD, and Titanfall are much better in that regard. :/ Skill doesn't matter at all, it's more about how high your level is and how strong your weapons and armor are.
- 'Single player' and 'coop' modes feel exactly like Borderlands, except with more players. Story missions remind me of Halo coop. It's alright.
- Gunplay is like Halo 4 mixed with more CoD. Enemies are like Halo enemies. It's alright but Titanfall beats it in the 'innovation' department. If you're good at Halo, you're good at Destiny. The same tactics seem to work.
- Third person view at the tower feels like Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, or The Old Republic MMORPG. Feels similar for the inventory as well.

In conclusion, Destiny is a game that take elements from many different games and combines it into one. The result is that there is no single element that is 'spectacular' rather it is a bunch of different elements combined in a big 'average to above-average' package. The game does not blow my mind but it's pretty fun. I will buy it when it drops down to $15.

You've played a tiny fraction of the game. You don't have a f'ing clue what your even talking about. You read the first page of moby dick and said meh. Get a clue dum dum
---
#46zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 2:00:28 PM
slippertails posted...
Cows Go Hisssss posted...

You've played a tiny fraction of the game. You don't have a f'ing clue what your even talking about. You read the first page of moby dick and said meh. Get a clue dum dum

Hahahahahahaha someone is salty that this game isn't just getting praise. People use beta's, demo's, and alphas even to help them to decide if they will like the game or not. We know how the game is going to play now and that is the game main problem. Destiny doesn't know what it wants to be. Thus all the mixtures of the gameplay falls off flat with nothing really interesting so far. Obviously that might change when the game is released, but I severely doubt it.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#47slippertailsPosted 7/23/2014 7:39:20 PM
I just hate that people s@&$ on everything the negativity drives me crazy
---
#48Cows Go HisssssPosted 7/23/2014 7:48:21 PM
slippertails posted...
I just hate that people s@&$ on everything the negativity drives me crazy

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm trying to give an honest (albeit a little blunt) opinion. If you read my post I rated the game "above average". Just because I don't think its spectacular doesn't mean I think negatively of it.
---
hey foo
hey foo