Destiny seems like a real let down with lots of potential...

#1known2FAILPosted 7/23/2014 9:06:25 AM
They did a great job setting the mood. The graphics, the great settings with great music the emerges you into the world. You feel you are about to play this epic game. Then you play it... The gameplay itself is do meh and stale. The story itself doesn't really emerge you. Many things you are doing doesn't feel like it has a true purpose. It just seems very basic in that regard and in gameplay. Nothing stands out to make it really special to me. I know it's a beta and I'm not giving up on it but it is disappointing so far. Lots of potential though
---
Guess what... I like Micheal Bay movies. Am I crazy? Nope. I'm a guy that likes movies that entertain me and don't judge movies under a microscope. Sue me
#2skermacPosted 7/23/2014 9:07:44 AM
Who needs more than good graphics? This is next gen!
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#3Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/23/2014 9:08:42 AM
Remember that this is a very limited beta.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#4Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/23/2014 9:09:47 AM
how can you judge the story when they give you hardly any missions in the Beta?
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#5cheezedadadaPosted 7/23/2014 9:12:13 AM
I'm not really digging the alpha/beta myself, but I guess ill wait until the final game to make that decision.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
#6Reflex-ArcPosted 7/23/2014 9:12:23 AM
Shooters aren't my cup of tea, and I've really had little-to-no interest in this game, but when I had a beta code given to me I figured I'd give it a shot. Truth be told, I'm pleasantly surprised. Apart from my opinion that the sound in the game is pretty weak, everything else is pretty top notch. I'm enjoying it. It gives me Phantasy Star Online vibes.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#7Crystyn_7BPosted 7/23/2014 9:13:16 AM
There's a story?
#8known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 9:46:21 AM(edited)
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
how can you judge the story when they give you hardly any missions in the Beta?

I mean what is the ultimate objective? To defeat the "Darkness" that plauges the universe? That seems extremely vague. It would make far more sense to Liberate the Earth to make it livable again before even worrying about branching out into the universe. Which seems to hardly be a priority at all because The primary goal is to get a part for your ship so it can make jumps into the universe. I just don't comprehend the story.

Now die gameplay wise... It's lacking as well. Especially in ability customization. As bad as Defiance was they seemed to do this aspect far better based on what in looking at. I personally don't expect too much change here. I could be wrong though.

I know this is a beta but I'm making my statements based on what I see from this beta and what to expect in the final product. Also it's not a bad game by any stretch. I just expected more from the core.
---
Guess what... I like Micheal Bay movies. Am I crazy? Nope. I'm a guy that likes movies that entertain me and don't judge movies under a microscope. Sue me
#9Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/23/2014 12:44:45 PM
known2FAIL posted...
I know this is a beta but I'm making my statements based on what I see from this beta and what to expect in the final product

You're clearly doing the former rather than the latter.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!