Destiny lives up to the hype

#21uniquebadgerPosted 7/23/2014 12:54:42 PM
ExempliGratia posted...
Game is okay. It feels like halo borderlands to me. While it should be good thing it just seems like the same ol' same ol'. I have to play it some more before I make my final decision. I'm getting the game free anyway because my friend is buying it digital and we have our consoles connected.

Isn't Halo borderlands what they were intending on anyways? I think this is also why people either love it or hate it. If you are looking for it to be the next Halo of course you will be dissapointed in it, but if you expected it to be a nice borderlands Halo hybrid then i think you will be happy with it.
#22ExempliGratiaPosted 7/23/2014 2:08:10 PM
uniquebadger posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Game is okay. It feels like halo borderlands to me. While it should be good thing it just seems like the same ol' same ol'. I have to play it some more before I make my final decision. I'm getting the game free anyway because my friend is buying it digital and we have our consoles connected.

Isn't Halo borderlands what they were intending on anyways? I think this is also why people either love it or hate it. If you are looking for it to be the next Halo of course you will be dissapointed in it, but if you expected it to be a nice borderlands Halo hybrid then i think you will be happy with it.

I'm looking for it to be a little more original. Not just other games. I'm looking for something that makes it stand on it's own.

I'll get my halo fix from mcc and my borderlands fix from the pre-sequel when I build my PC.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#23Atomic_PorkchopPosted 7/23/2014 2:23:43 PM
Seems like a "meaty" game to sink into this Fall and that makes me happy. But it's not the "end all" of games either. I'll play it until the next big thing comes out or a bunch of 13 year olds ruin it...
#24DroppinBulletzPosted 7/23/2014 2:50:58 PM
Does anyone have a extra xbox one destiny beta code? Would really like to play it, thanks. GT - DroppinBulletz
#25crucialPosted 7/23/2014 3:21:43 PM
To all Ponies

I will be playing Destiny,Halo MCC and Halo 5=for the win

Destiny is pretty good,way over hyped and looks and plays like a Halo/BL clone and no way in hell is this a 5 or 10 year game,play's nothing like a MMO and the PVP is total garbage and at 30fps feels like I am playing a average 360 game,character models are very generic looking and Bungie tried so hard to make there models like ME and failed,sound FX are pretty average,story is lifeless as with the voice acting,it's terrible,I will give the beta a 7/10 and only reason I am getting it is because all my friends will be playing so I will enjoy it until DA and Halo MCC is released.

Ponies bragging about the exclusive content for a year but this game will be dead once all these other titles are released,I give the game until next spring then it will be dead.
#26StrongBlackVinePosted 7/23/2014 3:30:26 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
Estocassassin posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
regs8376 posted...
I am enjoying it as well. Most ppl on the ps4 boards seem to like it while ppl here seem to hate it. Not sure whats going on.

Bungie left the xbros then gave sony a ton of exlusive stuff for over a year.

Tbh it's probably ponies pretending to be xbros to make them look butthurt, sounds crazy but this console is just on another planet now lol.

Truth be told I think it's because Xbox gamers have a higher standard for shooters and aren't afraid to call out Destiny on it's shortcommings. Ponies like the TC of course overhype any shooter they get in hopes of getting their own Halo type game or labeling anything as a Halo-killer.

Sony doesn't need a Halo to outsell Xbox. The last two generations proves that. Maybe Microsoft needs a racer that sells like Gran Turismo.
#27StrongBlackVinePosted 7/23/2014 3:31:25 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
Estocassassin posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
regs8376 posted...
I am enjoying it as well. Most ppl on the ps4 boards seem to like it while ppl here seem to hate it. Not sure whats going on.

Tbh it's probably ponies pretending to be xbros to make them look butthurt, sounds crazy but this console is just on another planet now lol.

Truth be told I think it's because Xbox gamers have a higher standard for shooters and aren't afraid to call out Destiny on it's shortcommings. Ponies like the TC of course overhype any shooter they get in hopes of getting their own Halo type game or labeling anything as a Halo-killer.

Sony doesn't need a Halo to outsell Xbox. The last two generations proves that. Maybe Microsoft needs a racer that sells like Gran Turismo.chedibang1994 posted...
This is Halo's little brother, but this game is good really good that titanfall good but I don't think it lived up to the hype

This game will sell way more than Titanfail.
#28StrongBlackVinePosted 7/23/2014 3:32:25 PM
ExempliGratia posted...
uniquebadger posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

I'm looking for it to be a little more original. Not just other games. I'm looking for something that makes it stand on it's own.

I'll get my halo fix from mcc and my borderlands fix from the pre-sequel when I build my PC.

Pre-sequel is garbage and I'm a huge Borderlands fan.
#29ExempliGratiaPosted 7/23/2014 4:49:39 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
uniquebadger posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

Pre-sequel is garbage and I'm a huge Borderlands fan.

So you've played the Pre-Sequel already? Can I have your time machine? (Not buying Borderlands going to get it "other ways".
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#30SonyPonyTonyPosted 7/23/2014 4:58:11 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
Estocassassin posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
regs8376 posted...

Sony doesn't need a Halo to outsell Xbox. The last two generations proves that. Maybe Microsoft needs a racer that sells like Gran Turismo.

well just by going off what we see here, no one talks nor cares about Gran Turismo since GT3. You and all the other ponies make endless topics about Destiny and Halo reassurance however, that tells it all
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil