This song sums up the console war better than anything

#1iamdanthamanPosted 7/23/2014 11:07:58 AM
And it's about sports teams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq4K1N9XttY

it all pretty much comes down to: "you might as well just give up now, cuz we're great, and you suck!"

Somebody should do a parody substituting console for sports team.
---
All your base are belong to us
#2uniquebadgerPosted 7/23/2014 11:12:59 AM
I think southpark did it best. If you haven't seen the episode, or episodes might have been a 2 parter not sure, then you must go watch it.
#3KipbondurPosted 7/23/2014 11:14:48 AM
uniquebadger posted...
I think southpark did it best. If you haven't seen the episode, or episodes might have been a 2 parter not sure, then you must go watch it.

I think it was 3 parts, actually.
---
GT: Kip Bondur
#4iamdanthaman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 11:18:32 AM
uniquebadger posted...

You mean the one where Cartman goes forward in time(by freezing himself in a glacier because he couldn't wait for the Okama gamesphere) and there are a bunch of super intelligent otters or something? Religion has died out but now there are two slightly different schools of thought in science that both hate each other and want to wipe each other out and are no better than the religious zealots of the middle ages?

Or was there one specific to video game consoles? I haven't watched any new South Parks in years.
---
#5Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 7/23/2014 11:22:50 AM
iamdanthaman posted...
uniquebadger posted...

You mean the one where Cartman goes forward in time(by freezing himself in a glacier because he couldn't wait for the Okama gamesphere) and there are a bunch of super intelligent otters or something? Religion has died out but now there are two slightly different schools of thought in science that both hate each other and want to wipe each other out and are no better than the religious zealots of the middle ages?

Or was there one specific to video game consoles? I haven't watched any new South Parks in years.

I believe they may be referring to the Black Friday / Game of Thrones / Console Wars episodes. They aired November 2013, IIRC.

But the episode you mentioned is relevant as well.
---
Welcome to the Virtual Asylum
#6uniquebadgerPosted 7/23/2014 11:24:32 AM
iamdanthaman posted...
uniquebadger posted...

I forgot all about that episode.

Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
uniquebadger posted...

I believe they may be referring to the Black Friday / Game of Thrones / Console Wars episodes. They aired November 2013, IIRC.

But the episode you mentioned is relevant as well.

Ya that is correct. Here is a small clip from it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYbs0firps8
I think they did a good job nailing the console war down through the whole episodes.
#7iamdanthaman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 12:57:04 PM
Ok, yeah. That explains it. Like I said, I haven't watched South Park in years.
---