So all of a sudden the stuff my XO shows on my TV is too big..

#1gohoanqPosted 7/23/2014 11:03:29 AM
Yeah like the title said, yesterday I played the Destiny beta, then afterward the Youtube videos I watched were cut off at the edges and my browser pages are too big for the screen.... This is the first time anything like this has happened and I can't fix it lol What the hell happened? Has anyone else here had experience with this? Really annoying that I can't figure out what went wrong.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#2Hucast9Posted 7/23/2014 11:15:35 AM
Check to make sure you didn't hit the zoom button on your tv's remote control.
#3gohoanq(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 11:23:36 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Check to make sure you didn't hit the zoom button on your tv's remote control.

Thank you! lol I didn't hit zoom, but I changed the tv to "screen fit" and it fixed it. I have no idea why the old way I had it was too small all of a sudden. :l
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#4Hucast9Posted 7/24/2014 2:06:23 AM
Also check if there is an overscan option in your tv's settings. Try to toggle overscan on and off to see if that fixes the issue. Overscan on or off can cut off a tiny portion of the image on-screen.
#5blacklabelicePosted 7/24/2014 4:10:30 AM(edited)
not exactly related but i have my xbox connected to my hd pvr through hdmi. i share it with my cable box which is also hooked up through component input, and i feed live output to my television through a no-delay passthrough and it also captures to my computer through usb with about a 4-5 second delay which i use strictly for recording stuff.

now heres where it screwed me up the other day. i thought the video signal my xbox was giving off was broken, because when i went to play my xbox, the display was pretty much pitch black on HDMI 3 where i could hardly see anything, but then i realise its just fine on my laptop screen, as well as HDMI 2 port on my tv which my laptop is also hooked up to. so im thinking there might be something wrong with my tv, which is odd because i just bought it a few months ago and its a pretty good 50' tv so i found it kind of hard to believe that it would crap out so fast on me

anyways i had no idea what the hell was going on, because ive never had this issue before then i decided to say screw it, and change back to component input on my pvr so i can watch tv (cable box is connected to PVR via component input, xbox is hooked up to hdmi in, and i have to use computer to tell it what device to send through the passthrough and record and all that. anyways i switch over to my cable box and now the tv shows were blacked out too!

anyways to cut the long story short, thats when it occured to me that i had the video display on my hdmi 3 port set to custom, because sometimes ill sleep on the couch while watching tv but the screen is way too bright, so i crank the contrast and brightness way down so my room stays dark and i can sleep uninterrupted.

well stupid me, i spent an hour screwing around with my cable connections and tinkering with my xbox and computer, thinking something was wrong with my xbox, pvr, or computer, but all i had to do was press the picture mode button once on my remote control to switch it back to normal display settings

yeah not a very interesting story but this happened to me the other day and i felt like such an idiot for not being able to figure it out.