Is anyone else getting extremely slow download speeds off of Xbox Live right now

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is anyone else getting extremely slow download speeds off of Xbox Live right now

User Info: steelix55

steelix55
2 years ago#1
I am in the Xbox Preview Program and I just got prompted to download the August update. The update is 350MB and it has been downloading for almost 40 minutes now! I have 50MB cable internet with a wired connection. This started last night with Destiny Beta, and I just figured that it was because everyone and their mother was trying to download it at the same time. But now with this, I am starting to get annoyed/worried.
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 780 || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x64

User Info: Abiz_

Abiz_
2 years ago#2
I started downloading Plants Vs Zombies at 1130 am est on a 30MB cable connection. It's only 67% done and no one was home... Xbox Live is really slow today and was really slow yesterday.
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior

User Info: Vamar

Vamar
2 years ago#3
I'm sure it has nothing to do with everyone downloading the Destiny beta.

User Info: mokmuud

mokmuud
2 years ago#4
Vamar posted...
I'm sure it has nothing to do with everyone downloading the Destiny beta.

This
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539

User Info: Abiz_

Abiz_
2 years ago#5
I figured out my problem. It was the QoS in the router. I turned it off and my Xbox is downloading at full speed. What QoS does from what I understand is set priority to what ever is hooked up on your router.
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior

User Info: Sith Jedi

Sith Jedi
2 years ago#6
Yep, started the Destiny download yesterday, went fishing for a few hours, came back and it was only 60% or so.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is anyone else getting extremely slow download speeds off of Xbox Live right now

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived