will digital downloads cause problems?

#1pnut3844Posted 7/23/2014 1:10:31 PM
I was just at a pawn shop pawning some old 360 games and I got to wondering, say someone tries to pawn or sell an xbone with digital downloads, will that affect what they give them? Or even gamestop.
#2phineasfoolPosted 7/23/2014 1:13:12 PM
Nope, it won't affect it at all. The games are tied to the account.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#3pnut3844(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 1:15:54 PM
That's my point. Say you want to sell your Xbox with 3 games, two of which are digital. You can take those two digital games away that were paid for at any point.
#4youngunner2123Posted 7/23/2014 1:16:30 PM
To add even if you buy it w games. The seller can always "take back" his games

once he/she gets a new console (if that was to happen) they will make the new one their Home console and you won't be able to play them anymore
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#5pnut3844(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 1:19:23 PM
youngunner2123 posted...

once he/she gets a new console (if that was to happen) they will make the new one their Home console and you won't be able to play them anymore

Exactly. So say like I got the titanfall bundle which came with digital. I get screwed on resale value bc they want to save on discs.
#6Sith JediPosted 7/23/2014 1:29:57 PM
pnut3844 posted...
youngunner2123 posted...

Exactly. So say like I got the titanfall bundle which came with digital. I get screwed on resale value bc they want to save on discs.

What jerks! Screwing people out of reselling a free game, the audacity!
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#7youngunner2123Posted 7/23/2014 1:40:33 PM
pnut3844 posted...
youngunner2123 posted...

its free why/how are you getting screwed over?

my point was if you buy a used console and there are games on it. Don't bet on keeping them if the original owner decides to rebut it he/she can retrieve their games and YOU the buyer will lose them.

nothing to do w reselling
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#8TBONE_OGPosted 7/23/2014 1:46:12 PM
The current solution is to make a gamertag own the license to any game(s) you might want to sell.

That way you sell the console and the tag with the games. However, I think you can get in trouble if MS catches you selling a gamertag. But I doubt they will unless you're dumb and don't word your listing correctly.

BTW, I would never do this. I keep all my games -- good or bad.
---
Always O.G.
#9pnut3844(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 2:10:26 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
The current solution is to make a gamertag own the license to any game(s) you might want to sell.

That way you sell the console and the tag with the games. However, I think you can get in trouble if MS catches you selling a gamertag. But I doubt they will unless you're dumb and don't word your listing correctly.

BTW, I would never do this. I keep all my games -- good or bad.

Yea I wouldn't sell my gamertag anyways I've had it since the get go. And to those saying it was free, nothing is free with Microsoft. If you think they aren't making enough money to cover that game you're crazy. You pay for it in one way or another. I paid for the bundle which includes the game, therefore I paid for the game.