So, after year three i'm expecting 12 million homes to have an X1

#31billOrileyPosted 7/24/2014 7:05:39 AM
looks like the xbone will have a hard time fighting against the wiiu.
#32ave1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 9:01:09 AM
I guess we'll be in an exclusive club and enjoying the nice advantages which Kinect 2.0 affords. I truly like what I've got (yes, even the gfx) and am not planning on getting a PS4 until we're close to halfway through the generation (when GT7 is out)- and even then I'll just get a used one.
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#33VanderZooPosted 7/24/2014 9:10:53 AM
Where was the 360 at after 3 years?
---
Last gen to-play list: Okami HD, Peace Walker HD, Red Dead Redemption, Nier.
Currently playing: FFX/X-2 HD
#34ave1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 9:48:55 AM(edited)
VanderZoo posted...
Where was the 360 at after 3 years?

I found this source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_sales

In the U.S. after being out for about 2 1/2 yrs, the 360 had sold 10 million consoles. Microsoft stated that none of the other competitors consoles of that generation had yet surpassed 10 million at that point. Now I"m pretty sure that the worldwide number for the 2 1/2 yr point would be a bit over 16 million. The 360 was considered to be an astounding success within this timeframe.

Now at 3 years they may have sold more than 21 million consoles, but that is a bit of speculation.

If Microsoft only sells 12 million X1s by the end of 3 years in this generation, I would say it is performing quite a bit under expectations. Now that I've taken a look at the info from last generation more closely, I think the X1 is on track to sell 18 million worldwide by the 3 yr point. My opinion is that this is definitely in success territory.
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#35crucialPosted 7/25/2014 7:21:16 AM
X1 has not even come close to peaking,meaning it will sell more year after year until it's hit it's peak,same with PS4,once more and more exclusives are released more and more people move to the next gen,and after year 3 means nothing,in the end PS4 sells 80-100 million,X1 sells 70-80 million and Wii U 25-40 million and all 3 will do well.

MS can also afford to drop the price fast to sell more units,and then come out with a 200 discless X1 for the masses,but in 2020 we can come back here and discuss it more when will have some real numbers.

And if you go buy the numbers after 3 years it would be around 20 million since X1 has sold 5 million or more in 8 months so even if this number sticks it would be much more then 12 million smfh we are not even in the holiday's yet or Halo MCC.