Lets talk about controllers

#1HomieKnockoutPosted 7/23/2014 3:17:00 PM(edited)
i loved the 360 controller more than the ps3 controller. I always had thought the ps3 controller was crappy. Now i am impressed with the ds4. The X1 controller feels the same as the 360 to me which is a good thing because 360 had the best controller last gen. This gen it is hard to decide which is better but i think its all preference.
---
I liek turdles
2638-0671-8119 <- 3ds add code IGN: josie
#2TrickyPonyPosted 7/23/2014 3:13:41 PM
its always been preference but I still like the Xbox One controller more
#3RuinerEraserPosted 7/23/2014 3:18:06 PM(edited)
The two things I dislike most about the PS4 controller is that it looks terrible, almost like a prototype that was never finished, also the analog sticks just don't jive with me. I'm happy that they extended the sides of the controller from the DS3.

I just can't stop loving the XB1 and 360 controllers tho. They feel solid, they fit in my larger hands perfectly and the sticks on the XB1 are just right.

I know this sounds weird, last gen I would twist the controllers of each console just to see how much give they had. 360 was very solid while PS3 felt more cheaply made.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#4SonyPonyTonyPosted 7/23/2014 3:16:16 PM
Last gen you heard a lot of "if it ain't broken don't fix it" from the sony camp regarding their mostly unchanged controller, but then they went and changed it a lot for this gen in an effort to make it better. I think the DS4 competes well with the Xbox original's S controller but it's still about two full gens behind Xbox One's current control design. At least they didn't remove rumble anyhow, but they went and added a touchpad and a blue light for some reason
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil
#5HomieKnockout(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 3:16:23 PM
TrickyPony posted...
its always been preference but I still like the Xbox One controller more

You are right. too many fanboys trying to decide which controller is better. Pro tip: its all preference
---
I liek turdles
2638-0671-8119 <- 3ds add code IGN: josie
#6redditon4chanPosted 7/23/2014 3:36:41 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
a blue light for some reason

This is supposedly for their big VR venture.

Total waste of time, resources and design if you ask me.
#7TinyJoltikPosted 7/23/2014 3:46:58 PM
I'm pretty happy with the blue light! Blue's my favourite colour. I pretty much bought the Halo 4 xbox because of all it's blue!

As for controllers, I prefer ps4, x1 feels so so so chunky to me, though I do have small hands. Can't imagine how it feels to a kid. It's not a bad controller though, and for those of you with normal sized hands I'm sure it's fine, just takes a lot of getting used to for me.

I still really hate the look of the touchpad on ps4 though. Ugly imo.
#8pnut3844Posted 7/23/2014 3:48:47 PM
Dreamcast = best controller ever. Xbone is second. Ps controllers have always been crap. Too small and sticks feel wrong
#9Killah PriestPosted 7/23/2014 3:48:56 PM
I always disliked the dual shock because it caused my hands to cramp, haven't tried the DS4 tho.

xbox one controller the triggers hurt my fingers because of how they bend out instead of going straight back, absolutely hate that controller.

xbox 360 was great
xbox controller s was great
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#10ave1Posted 7/23/2014 3:49:25 PM
I like the impulse triggers on X1 controllers. Very happy with it.
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?