Lets talk about controllers

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Lets talk about controllers
2 years ago#1
i loved the 360 controller more than the ps3 controller. I always had thought the ps3 controller was crappy. Now i am impressed with the ds4. The X1 controller feels the same as the 360 to me which is a good thing because 360 had the best controller last gen. This gen it is hard to decide which is better but i think its all preference.
I liek turdles
2638-0671-8119 <- 3ds add code IGN: josie
2 years ago#2
its always been preference but I still like the Xbox One controller more
2 years ago#3
The two things I dislike most about the PS4 controller is that it looks terrible, almost like a prototype that was never finished, also the analog sticks just don't jive with me. I'm happy that they extended the sides of the controller from the DS3.

I just can't stop loving the XB1 and 360 controllers tho. They feel solid, they fit in my larger hands perfectly and the sticks on the XB1 are just right.

I know this sounds weird, last gen I would twist the controllers of each console just to see how much give they had. 360 was very solid while PS3 felt more cheaply made.
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
2 years ago#4
Last gen you heard a lot of "if it ain't broken don't fix it" from the sony camp regarding their mostly unchanged controller, but then they went and changed it a lot for this gen in an effort to make it better. I think the DS4 competes well with the Xbox original's S controller but it's still about two full gens behind Xbox One's current control design. At least they didn't remove rumble anyhow, but they went and added a touchpad and a blue light for some reason
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil
2 years ago#5
TrickyPony posted...
its always been preference but I still like the Xbox One controller more

You are right. too many fanboys trying to decide which controller is better. Pro tip: its all preference
I liek turdles
2638-0671-8119 <- 3ds add code IGN: josie
2 years ago#6
SonyPonyTony posted...
a blue light for some reason

This is supposedly for their big VR venture.

Total waste of time, resources and design if you ask me.
2 years ago#7
I'm pretty happy with the blue light! Blue's my favourite colour. I pretty much bought the Halo 4 xbox because of all it's blue!

As for controllers, I prefer ps4, x1 feels so so so chunky to me, though I do have small hands. Can't imagine how it feels to a kid. It's not a bad controller though, and for those of you with normal sized hands I'm sure it's fine, just takes a lot of getting used to for me.

I still really hate the look of the touchpad on ps4 though. Ugly imo.
2 years ago#8
Dreamcast = best controller ever. Xbone is second. Ps controllers have always been crap. Too small and sticks feel wrong
(message deleted)
2 years ago#10
I like the impulse triggers on X1 controllers. Very happy with it.
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Lets talk about controllers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived