Lets talk about controllers

#11iamdanthamanPosted 7/23/2014 3:16:14 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
The two things I dislike most about the PS4 controller is that it looks terrible, almost like a prototype that was never finished, also the analog sticks just don't jive with me. I'm happy that they extended the sides of the controller from the DS3.

I just can't stop loving the XB1 and 360 controllers tho. They feel solid, they fit in my larger hands perfectly and the sticks on the XB1 are just right.

I know this sounds weird, last gen I would twist the controllers of each console just to see how much give they had. 360 was very solid while PS3 felt more cheaply made.

http://americanenglishdoctor.com/wordpress/jive-and-jibe
---
All your base are belong to us
#12Foreign ObjectsPosted 7/23/2014 4:47:24 PM
Xbox One controller is the best controller I've ever used.

I just wish the L and R buttons were a bit lower or easier to press. They're not that bad, but can be awkward with the way I hold the controller.

The Xbox 360 controller was great, except the D-Pad sucked.
---
etc
#13garydavexxxPosted 7/23/2014 5:46:25 PM
I have a ps4 and x1 I like my x1 controller more, my theory is the ps controller was not ergonomically designed for westerners (we are on average taller/bigger etc than our Asian brothers.
---
They picked an allegiance to a system. And they defend it and will lay their own lives for the console of their choosing. The Game of Consoles is just starting.
#14holden4everPosted 7/23/2014 5:49:17 PM
I have arthritis in my hands and the PS controller is too small and it hurts to use. The Xbox controllers are nearly the perfect size and shape. That's the main reason why I got an XB1 over a PS4.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
#15WantedOutlawPosted 7/23/2014 5:55:34 PM
I definitely prefer the DS4. Just feels better in the hands. Great triggers, perfects size and shape and the sticks are a good size and feel great. Only minor complaint I have is the length of the battery charge. Overall it's probably my favorite controller.

As far as Xbox One's controller.. I actually feel like it's a step down from the 360's. The analog sticks are smaller and that's annoying as hell and makes me almost not want to play with the thing. The triggers have an odd shape to them too. The only thing better about it over the 360 controller is the d-pad.
#16ThatLaoGuyPosted 7/23/2014 6:27:36 PM
DS4 is perfect. Not only is it very comfortable, it' built well and has more functions. I don't have anything in my house that uses batteries anymore. hell, even my wifes toys are rechargeable lmao. Touch pad is great too! hope it gets used a bit more. All that for the same price as the xbones controller. It's a no-brainer which one is the better value. As for comfort level? Preference.
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#17aj4x94Posted 7/23/2014 6:39:02 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Dreamcast = best controller ever. Xbone is second. Ps controllers have always been crap. Too small and sticks feel wrong

That is my exact gripe with the Xbone controller. 360 sticks were just fine. Then they had to go and cock it up by making the whole controller smaller. With inferior bumpers as well.
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#18mike468Posted 7/23/2014 6:41:01 PM
I played both the Alpha and Beta on the PS4. I was relieved when it was released on the XBO. The controller feels so much better. I hate using the touchpad to bring up the summon commands.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#19ShELbY_GT500Posted 7/23/2014 6:43:21 PM
Xbox360 controller is great
XboxOne controller is not so great and looks/feels cheap
PS3 controller is fine
PS4 controller is great
#20N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 7/23/2014 6:50:39 PM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
DS4 is perfect. Not only is it very comfortable, it' built well and has more functions. I don't have anything in my house that uses batteries anymore. hell, even my wifes toys are rechargeable lmao. Touch pad is great too! hope it gets used a bit more. All that for the same price as the xbones controller. It's a no-brainer which one is the better value. As for comfort level? Preference.

Be honest. She uses them on you, doesn't she? :-/
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5