Lets talk about controllers

#21MrImpatient35Posted 7/23/2014 7:53:55 PM
Even though I think the ps4 controller is MUCH improved over the ps3, I still prefer the X1 because of the staggered thumbsticks. That layout just feels better to me.
---
"It's not my fault that your album went double garbage-bag."
#22spacejamjordanzPosted 7/23/2014 7:54:51 PM
I personally prefer the Dualshock 4.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#23ThatLaoGuyPosted 7/23/2014 7:55:02 PM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
ThatLaoGuy posted...
DS4 is perfect. Not only is it very comfortable, it' built well and has more functions. I don't have anything in my house that uses batteries anymore. hell, even my wifes toys are rechargeable lmao. Touch pad is great too! hope it gets used a bit more. All that for the same price as the xbones controller. It's a no-brainer which one is the better value. As for comfort level? Preference.

Be honest. She uses them on you, doesn't she? :-/

well i'd be lying if I didn't say they felt good. Thems some high tech toys coming out this day and age
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#24wskingwsPosted 7/23/2014 8:04:08 PM
I prefer the xbox one controller. I played battlefield on the ps4 all the way up to level 34 or 35 (can't really remember) and I just couldn't get used to the way it felt when you had to repeatedly press the triggers on the controller.
---
I am the voice of reason.
#25Skill4ReelPosted 7/24/2014 12:13:08 AM
I've had no issues with the XBOX One controller design. Getting used to it was a quick process as it usually is when adjusting to any new console controller. My problem is with quality. I've had an XBOX One since early December, and after having no issues at all until this week. My headset and controller both now are having problems. There is a short in the headset where no one can hear my voice. Also with the controller the right analog stick is not centered anymore. When I play Titanfall, or BF4 my character looks to the sky by himself with no input from me. So I have to keep pulling down all of the time when I play, which is annoying.

Support was a delight, and they are going to replace both on my dime to ship the accessories to them. I just feel like it is way to early(not even a year yet) for these devices to start having issues. I've got controllers from systems made over a decade ago with analog sticks that still work properly after more hours of use than this. It's ridiculous.
#26TenzhiPosted 7/24/2014 1:33:34 AM
aj4x94 posted...
Then they had to go and cock it up by making the whole controller smaller.

If by "smaller" you mean "almost exactly the same size", then sure.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#27nableetPosted 7/24/2014 1:45:44 AM
For those saying they don't like the DS4 because it is smaller:

http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/playstation-4-vs-xbox-one-controller-size-comparison/

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/2168347/ps4_vs_xbox_one_controllers_review.html

Size wise they’re both almost exactly the same size, with the PS4 controller being just slightly wider. However the straighter edge of the handles when compared to the Xbox One’s more curved sides does make the feel a little bigger, and will probably edge it over the Xbox One for those who preferred the size of the 360 pad.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#28TenzhiPosted 7/24/2014 2:03:50 AM
Perhaps it's the "straighter edge", but the grips on the DS4 feel narrower than the 360/XBOne controller. It could be that the grips being more separate from the body of the controller just allows my fingers to curl around the grips more. In any case, while it is definitely a step up from the prior PS controllers I could tell from holding it that playing a tense game with it for a couple of hours would be painful for me. But not as much as the Dreamcast controller. The narrow grips and trigger tension on that thing turned my hands into curled claws of pain, especially when racing for hours. Didn't stop me from loving the system and the controller, though.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#29Bs-KILLPosted 7/24/2014 3:20:38 AM
360 = Great (I dislike its D-pad though)
One = Great (Overall an Improvement to the 360 IMO. From its Dpad, rumbling triggers & etc)
PS3 = Bad IMO(Too small & light, also my thumbs sometimes hits each other..)
PS4 = Great (I dislike its triggers though.. felt squeaky & cheap IMO.)

I prefer Xbox's controller over Dualshocks.
I also love the fact that you can change 360 & One's rechargeable batteries without a hassle.
---
GT(Main consoles): UltraC0MB0 PSN(Exclusives only): BasuraKILLER
#30TinyJoltikPosted 7/24/2014 3:53:06 AM
One thing that I really, really like on the Xbone controller is the play and charge kit, and the fact it goes INSIDE the battery compartment rather than replacing it. No more losing the battery cover and scrambling to find it if I ever want to sell the thing!