Why does everyone believe what Phil Spencer says?

#11squon8888Posted 7/23/2014 4:49:36 PM
kyle78 posted...
The only thing I believe, is that he's a total bum...

+1

The guy is a leech. But hes a pro at hyping products ill give you that.
#12liquidblue4Posted 7/23/2014 4:49:55 PM
Phil is love. Phil is life.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#13Shinobi120(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 4:58:02 PM(edited)
billsfanno1 posted...
Because I'm not a bitter, jaded, miserable fanboy who hates M$ with a passion.

Aren't you this guy from NeoGAF that constantly harasses Biker19?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92324932&postcount=584
#14TauriLeaderPosted 7/23/2014 4:57:53 PM
slyman19 posted...
Phil was just a puppet of Don back then. He seems better since he gained control. Still, he is a just suit like Reggie, Yoshida, and that d-bag House.

I still think Phil is a puppet but there is a new puppet master. We get the perception on change with a big smiling face but the corporate structure is the same.
You can see that with Yusef Medhi still thinking the original plan was better. Don't know why he still has a job after that. I thought he would be gone with the job cuts.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#15iamdanthamanPosted 7/23/2014 4:58:35 PM
brownmyster posted...

removing the paywall that everyone wanted. removing the kinect that everyone wanted. promised games games games at e3 and ms e3 was all games, that everyone wanted. Pushing all these updates
you're right he hasnt done anything

The writing has been on the wall for some time about kinect and the paywall. MS's 2013 was also games games games but nobody noticed because they were still hung up on the reveal. The frequency of updates has also not changed since he took over.

While he does deserve some credit for not totally screwing up all those things, he doesn't deserve a lot of credit for the ideas because any person with a half functioning brain would have done the same thing.

If he delivers on all the things he tweeted out this morning, though, I will be ready to buy in on Phil.
---
All your base are belong to us
#16scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 4:59:57 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
Who was the general manager of Microsoft Game Studios worldwide since 2008? Phil.

General manager of the first party publishing group is not the highest position. He answered to quite a few people who had more control over everything, especially Mattrick. If you were old enough to have a job you would understand how bosses work. Don't worry, someday you'll get it.

Who was a part of Microsoft's E3 conferences since E3 2010 with the constant "Halo, Forza, Gears, Kinect, & Media" debacle? Phil.

This isn't the damning observation you think it is. He didn't have final say in anything, Mattrick (and others above even Mattrick) did. And for the end of 360's life there was nothing wrong with any of that anyway. You don't know what a debacle is if you think that qualified as one. Xbones unveiling was a debacle. Hardcore gamers wetting themselves in anger because MS dared to branch out to casuals and stick to sure winners with the core base is not a debacle.

Who was the one that led the development of "TV, TV, TV, Sports, NFL, etc.?" Phil.

Nope.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#17Shinobi120(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 5:00:36 PM
^Denial.
#18zerooo0Posted 7/23/2014 5:01:45 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
brownmyster posted...

removing the paywall that everyone wanted. removing the kinect that everyone wanted. promised games games games at e3 and ms e3 was all games, that everyone wanted. Pushing all these updates
you're right he hasnt done anything

The writing has been on the wall for some time about kinect and the paywall. MS's 2013 was also games games games but nobody noticed because they were still hung up on the reveal. The frequency of updates has also not changed since he took over.

While he does deserve some credit for not totally screwing up all those things, he doesn't deserve a lot of credit for the ideas because any person with a half functioning brain would have done the same thing.

If he delivers on all the things he tweeted out this morning, though, I will be ready to buy in on Phil.

Anybody can think of ideas for X1, I'm sure the X1 employees think of ideas all the time. Difference is Phil unlike Don or previous Xbox PR or upper heads said, "Hey look at that the PS4 is getting a lot more money than us, what did we do wrong". If Don was still in charge the X1 would probably be doing a lot worst and I would probably have a PS4 by now. At least Phil hasn't insulted the military unlike Don did last year. Man that was funny and just sad it's like Don just lost all common sense.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#19scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 5:03:04 PM
slyman19 posted...
Phil was just a puppet of Don back then. He seems better since he gained control. Still, he is a just suit like Reggie, Yoshida, and that d-bag House.

Saying Phil was a "puppet" implies that someone in a lower position was using him, or he was being used as a false public/figure head. He flat out wasn't in charge and Don was his boss. He wasn't a puppet, he had to do what his boss said, like anyone ever (who wants to stay employed).
---
#20scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 5:04:19 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
^Denial.

Yes, I'm denying your inane trolling has even the slightest validity. And you confirm it by posting such a pathetic response.
---