Why does everyone believe what Phil Spencer says?

#41Shinobi120(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 4:46:23 PM
Pizzatarian posted...
And if you can't handle what others are saying in response to you, then don't bother posting... It goes both ways.

I never disrespected them, what gives them the right to disrespect me?

They should be apologizing to me saying, "I'm sorry, Shinobi120."
#42billsfanno1Posted 7/23/2014 4:47:36 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Because I'm not a bitter, jaded, miserable fanboy who hates M$ with a passion.

Aren't you this guy from NeoGAF that constantly harasses Biker19?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92324932&postcount=584

No, I don't participate on that site. Don't see anything similar to my UserID at the link you provided either, why did you think that is me?
#43PizzatarianPosted 7/23/2014 4:52:19 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
Pizzatarian posted...
And if you can't handle what others are saying in response to you, then don't bother posting... It goes both ways.

I never disrespected them, what gives them the right to disrespect me?

They should be apologizing to me saying, "I'm sorry, Shinobi120."

Hey, I'm not trying to attack or defend anyone here, but it seems like people are disrespecting you because they feel like your original post only served to antagonize them.

And if I'm going to way my two cents in this discussion, then I would simply say that nobody is perfect, not even Phil Spencer; however, that doesn't change the fact that he is a million times better than Don Mattrick.
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#44slyman19Posted 7/23/2014 4:52:30 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
That isn't what that phrase means. George W was (arguably) a puppet because Cheney, technically his subordinate, actually made a lot of decisions. A lot of historical figures are said to have been puppets and their advisor or wife or someone else, was the real power. That's what calling someone a puppet means. That their power is illusory and intended to mislead others to the benefit the person actually calling the shots. Sometimes the puppet is knowingly complicit, like Ben Kingsley's character in Iron Man 3. They are in on the deception and know they aren't really the one with the power. Others are dupes who think they are in charge, but they're being manipulated or guided. But the key in both instances id the illusion of power. Phil did not have or present the illusion of power. Don was in charge and everyone knows/knew it (except possibly TC). If Phil had actually been the one calling the shots, calling Don his puppet would make sense, but not the other way around.

No one has ever been called a puppet for doing their job. You don't need a special term for that, it's called being an employee. I'm not trying to get pedantic with you, but you're misunderstanding the term ''puppet'' as it is normally applied to people. I mean, you can keep using it that way if you want, and I can't say with certainty that no one has ever used it your way, but I've never heard it used that way. I can't stop you or anything, I just thought I'd mention it. *shrug*.

"One whose behavior is determined by the will of others." It can easily go both ways it appears. I have never heard it used the way you did though.
#45Shinobi120(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 4:54:52 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
No, I don't participate on that site. Don't see anything similar to my UserID at the link you provided either, why did you think that is me?

Just the familiar words of what you just said that I've heard from him before on that site, that's all.
#46scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 4:56:56 PM
slyman19 posted...
"One whose behavior is determined by the will of others." It can easily go both ways it appears. I have never heard it used the way you did though.

That's weird, it's a pretty common expression. Oh well, it isn't really a big deal.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#47Miiri0Posted 7/23/2014 5:14:24 PM
brownmyster posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
L4YER_CAKE posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69303410

Take it from me, this never ends well. Despite the glaring evidence that while better than mattrick, and probably a cool guy, he really hasn't done anything yet.

Exactly, he hasn't done anything yet. Nor has he had the chance to. So why don't we all just take a step back from the ledge and wait and see how this all turns out. The trolls aren't going to stop crying and screaming about all things xbox until either sony has a complete monopoly on the gaming market or PS4 gets some decent games, neither of which is going to happen anytime soon, so we're just going to have to put up with it.

removing the paywall that everyone wanted. removing the kinect that everyone wanted. promised games games games at e3 and ms e3 was all games, that everyone wanted. Pushing all these updates
you're right he hasnt done anything

Even without phil Microsoft will implement these changes anyway because these were acts of desperation after being totally dominated by ps4.

Just like Microsoft evil plan on always online drm and plan to kill used games. No one, phil or no phill, in right mind will continue implementing those plan after such a huge backlash from gamer and press.
#48scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 5:27:41 PM
Miiri0 posted...
No one, phil or no phill, in right mind will continue implementing those plan after such a huge backlash from gamer and press.

Not so fast! You haven't seen my Scooby5000 yet! It has all the latest in DRM technology, including fingerprint scans, 360 degree omni-eye cameras which must be installed in every room, and you have to be online 25 hours a day or you permanently lose access to your games (it's kinda like Dark Souls, in DRM form!)! To get this wonderful dream console which will have eleventy-twelve gigaflops and an emulator for every console ever (including Weeoo, Xbone and Pissfer!) all you have to do is sign this little contract I have here... oh, I seem to have forgotten to bring my ink bottle, we'll have to settle for your blood...
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#49quincy2000aPosted 7/23/2014 7:39:45 PM
Laylow12 posted...
They need to fire Phil Spencer...if they want to save face with the fans.

That smarmy SOB said "thanks" after sucking me in to buy a Kinect "that would not be sold without an X1" and that was "integral" to the X1.

Not "here's your hundred back."

I want him gone.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."