Do you think games not being 1080p on X1 are scaring off potential customers?

#1dolablaPosted 7/23/2014 6:39:52 PM
Reason I ask is because I was recently in the store and I overheard a conversation between a woman and her child in the electronics section. The woman seemed to be educating her child that the X1 can't do 1080p on most games and that it was best that they didn't get it.

It then struck me that this could major reason why the X1 hasn't been performing well in the NPD.
#2HorridhalPosted 7/23/2014 6:42:15 PM
No I do not.

I'm more surprised that a woman most people would probably assume is a casual seems to have done her homework. Bravo to her.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#3Miiri0Posted 7/23/2014 6:44:00 PM(edited)
There are market for people who like to pay more and get less. I think Microsoft is tapping this market with xbone.
#4userfrigginamePosted 7/23/2014 6:47:53 PM
First off, I think that ignorant consumers thinking that 1080p is impossible on Xbox One could easily be a problem for Xbox One, what with PS4 and Xbox One being so similar to each other. However, that woman is probably an outlier. It may be just me, but I don't think the average consumer pays much attention at all to resolution or whatever games can be played at whatever resolution, due to jumps in resolution not being as visually impressive as they used to be (480p -> 720p was such a big jump in comparison to 720p -> 1080p).

It would definitely make ppl choose PS4 over Xbox One, but ppl have more important things in mind when they're buying a console (albeit game library does have less to do with it ever since last gen).
#5scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 6:49:48 PM
No, but it sure does attract the trolls.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#6MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/23/2014 6:53:56 PM
No!

TRUE GAMERS don't care about Graphics or resolutions or frame rate. The only thing that matters is gameplay. Gameplay like that which can be found in...

SUNSET OVERDRIVE, YEEEEEEAH BAEEEEEEE-BEEEEEEEEE!

David Goldman, financial analyst, believes that Sony will be completely bankrupt and sold to Samsung or Toshiba by the end of the year. Part of his reasoning is because of the release of.... You guessed it...

SUNSET OVERDRIVE, YEEEEEEAH BAEEEEEEE-BEEEEEEEEE!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#7Tajaz2426Posted 7/23/2014 6:55:38 PM
Of course it is, most people do research these days. If I was going to buy a TV and I only has two choices.

One TV cost the same and more, but only plays 1080p TV 60% of the time and can cost a hundred dollars more.

The other TV is one price, plays 1080P 95% of the time.

If anyone knows the actual percentages let me know. I'm a less than casual player, we have 3 PS4's for my two oldest and me, 1 WiiU for our daughter, and 1 X1, the X1 was for our youngest, he loves Microsoft things.

Anyway, I am always going to go with the more powerful system, that play games better and cost less. As a consumer, I can't understand paying the same or more for a weaker system. It just doesn't make sense at all, that people talk about getting screwed over by products and you're getting charged more for a weaker console.

Whether you can tell or not it sits there and states at you and you know it is weaker and you paid more money. However, people like certain products and they will purchase them, I have no problem with the at all. Hell, I bought my son one, so I'm just as bad.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#8Laylow12Posted 7/23/2014 7:38:43 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Of course it is, most people do research these days. If I was going to buy a TV and I only has two choices.

One TV cost the same and more, but only plays 1080p TV 60% of the time and can cost a hundred dollars more.

The other TV is one price, plays 1080P 95% of the time.

If anyone knows the actual percentages let me know. I'm a less than casual player, we have 3 PS4's for my two oldest and me, 1 WiiU for our daughter, and 1 X1, the X1 was for our youngest, he loves Microsoft things.

Anyway, I am always going to go with the more powerful system, that play games better and cost less. As a consumer, I can't understand paying the same or more for a weaker system. It just doesn't make sense at all, that people talk about getting screwed over by products and you're getting charged more for a weaker console.

Whether you can tell or not it sits there and states at you and you know it is weaker and you paid more money. However, people like certain products and they will purchase them, I have no problem with the at all. Hell, I bought my son one, so I'm just as bad.

*Salute*

Hows it going friend? I read you're home now and getting some well deserved family time.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#9MrImpatient35Posted 7/23/2014 7:51:56 PM
Not at all. What I think is scaring off potential customers, like my niece, is how adamant people are about bashing X1, even when they're absolutely wrong. Even know, I'm hearing arguments about how XBL is paid and PSN is free lmao. Is this January 2013? People don't know that PSN is paid now? Woooooow.

I feel bad for some of the logical, decent Sony guys, cause the majority of that camp makes you look horrible.
---
"It's not my fault that your album went double garbage-bag."
#10ThatLaoGuyPosted 7/23/2014 7:53:52 PM
I've seen sales associates explain that xbone is inferior to ps4 in hardware specs. Was at beastbuys a few months ago, and had a dude with an xbox shirt(employee) tell me he rather have a ps4 lol to go along with his vita.(I was asking him about the vita bundle)You know how people are. They always want the best bang for their bucks. Indecisive people will lean towards the better console. Informed people will choose whatever console they prefer for their exclusives.
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.