Do you think games not being 1080p on X1 are scaring off potential customers?

#11FanthemPosted 7/23/2014 8:01:15 PM
She should have got the rugrat a leapfrog. :-P but seriously, that's kinda cool that she was well informed. Depending on how old the kid was, it should have came down to what games they preferred.
#12uniquebadgerPosted 7/23/2014 8:08:40 PM
I think the issue is getting blown out of proportion. I mean the beta for Destiny is running what 900p right now, and on a 55" TV i think it looks fine. Obviously not the best, but not low enough quality to make me like the game any less/more. I'm just worried devs are gonna focus so hard on getting 1080p in games that we will be stuck seeing more games at 30fps instead of 60fps. For me I think 60fps should be priority over 1080p.
#13PoweredMilkManPosted 7/23/2014 8:14:45 PM
I'm sure this really happened, keep hand feeding the same trolls
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon
#14PudgeisafishPosted 7/23/2014 8:18:42 PM
dolabla posted...
Reason I ask is because I was recently in the store and I overheard a conversation between a woman and her child in the electronics section. The woman seemed to be educating her child that the X1 can't do 1080p on most games and that it was best that they didn't get it.

It then struck me that this could major reason why the X1 hasn't been performing well in the NPD.

Was this the same woman I over heard telling her child to go outside and play, since video games are for fat, lazy, uneducated geeks?

Hmmm, she may be on to something... I'd be more scared of an unhealthy child before 1080p rubbish.
#15quincy2000aPosted 7/23/2014 8:28:09 PM
"Do you think games not being 1080p on X1 are scaring off potential customers?"

I know it definitely is. And I try to contribute to that "fear" as much as possible.

Even though I purchased an X1 Day One, I advised people as soon as I found out that one system was more powerful than the other. I didn't specifically throw the 1080p figure at them, but in my mind, when I said one was more powerful, I was really saying that one system was less likely to hit 1080p or 60fps than the other.

Because I basically see the games on both systems as being redundant, I use the fact that one system is more powerful than the other (1080p-60fps) to make a distinction between the two.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#16Lisbon14215Posted 7/23/2014 8:28:34 PM
Absolutely not. I think one of the problems here on Gamefaqs is that we all tend to forget that hardcore gamers make up a very small percentage of all gamers and we make up a fairly high percentage of early adopters. All three consoles are still in their infancy and most consumers won't end up buying a current gen console until they hit year two or three. And while it's true that consumers are getting smarter, people tend to stick with what they know, especially casual gamers who make up the vast majority of console buyers.

All that aside, 59% of Americans play video games and 51% own two consoles. There's a very good chance that at one point or another a fair percentage of PS4 owners or Xbox One owner's will go out and buy the competition and have both models in their homes. On top of all of that, didn't the original Wii sell close to 100 million consoles? That console wasn't the most powerful but it did have a lot of fun games.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/28/59-of-americans-play-video-games-51-of-households-own-two-consoles-on-average-report-finds/
---
YOLO... It's like Carpe Diem for idiots.
http://i.imgur.com/vrhzkRB.jpg
#17SabramPosted 7/23/2014 8:36:48 PM
Pudgeisafish posted...
dolabla posted...
Reason I ask is because I was recently in the store and I overheard a conversation between a woman and her child in the electronics section. The woman seemed to be educating her child that the X1 can't do 1080p on most games and that it was best that they didn't get it.

It then struck me that this could major reason why the X1 hasn't been performing well in the NPD.

Was this the same woman I over heard telling her child to go outside and play, since video games are for fat, lazy, uneducated geeks?

Hmmm, she may be on to something... I'd be more scared of an unhealthy child before 1080p rubbish.

I guess you missed all the studies about how games can improve problem solving, hand eye coordination, logic, memory, and critical thinking? That's ok, it's not your fault you had to go to a public school where teachers hand out passing grades because they're afraid a parent of a student they failed would sue them into poverty. It's not like teachers in public schools are paid enough they even care if what they teach is correct, or if passing a dumb kid even matters to them at all.

Oh, and as for the "fat, lazy" part of your comment? That applies more to the sports nuts who only watch it on TV instead of participating themselves. I've met a lot more Nascar/football fans who are overweight and lazy than gamers. Gamers i meet tend to be thinner than sports nuts, mainly cause a lot of them are hardcore and forget to eat when they're playing :P
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#18mygoodluckcharmPosted 7/23/2014 8:54:55 PM
I guess it doesn't really matter for not having games in 1080p as long as the gameplay and the experience is good. For me the biggesst deterrence for having an XBone is because you essentially get a weaker console for the same price as the competition. It's feels like you're being duped.
#19ChargrilledPosted 7/23/2014 8:58:50 PM(edited)
they dont scare me off buying the machine because ive alreadt got one.

but the lack of 1080p usually means ill get games on whichever machine it is 1080p on. be it pc or ps4.
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#20SnoicFactorPosted 7/23/2014 9:04:17 PM
Yes, the "dont care for graphics" doesnt apply as much when it's competitor is the same price and has better hardware performance. X1 needs to be like $50 cheaper.
---
nt